• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Flickering/Wavy Graphics on HP Pavilion 6535

I picked up an old HP Pavilion 433MHZ computer to install Dos/Windows 3.1. When I first turned it on, I noticed that the HP splash screen graphic flickered with all graphics wavering rapidly. It came with Windows ME and when that loaded, that was wavy as well. Then I formatted, installed DOS...
  2. M

VGA Monochrome Monitors: Did they ever make them in green or amber?

I see VGA B/W monitors all over eBay, but I was wondering if they ever made them in green or amber (or blue) phosphor.
  3. M

Beyond Cyberpunk Five Disk Hypercard Stack for Macintosh

Beyond Cyberpunk was commercially released for the Apple Macintosh as a five disk set in 1991 and there was a one disk update in 1993. I'm looking for them in any way shape or form. Thanks!
  4. M

Xywrite III Plus Original Manuals and Disks

Hi, I'm looking to buy or (receive by generous donation) a copy of Xywrite III Plus Word Processor by Xyquest, preferably with the original box, manuals, and disks but would take any combination. I'm also open to Xywrite II Plus or Xywrite III. Or if someone could point somewhere online that...
  5. M

Microsoft Game Port Card from 1983

Anybody know the story on this? It looks like an 8 bit PC ISA card with an Atari-style 9 pin joystick interface. I thought PC joystick ports were only 15 pin gameport...
  6. M

Microsoft Game Port Card from 1983

Sorry, wrong forum. Please delete thread or go here http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?44411-Microsoft-Game-Port-Card-from-1983
  7. M

XT Era Games won't load on IBM XT Computer

I have an IBM 5140 computer with a 4.77mhz 8088 processor and 640kb of ram. Recently I've done multiple tests of software and games and the following not only fail to execute but suffer the same symptoms: Borrowed Time (aka Time To Die) Portal The Fourth Protocol All three work flawlessly...
  8. M

Software written in 100% Assembly

It seems for older computers, especially the PC, that programs which were written in 100% Assembly instead of a high-level language added a speed boost as significant as any hardware upgrade. Sifting through the old computer magazines on Google Books, it seems that assembly programs like...
  9. M

IBM 5140 PC Convertible Questions

Hey guys, I am the winner of this sweet IBM 5140 lot on ebay...
  10. M

I need one used IBM 720kb DS DD Floppy Disk

I just need one disk to test the floppy drive on my vintage laptop. The disk can be any old used disk as long as it has some kind of data on it, and it isn't corrupted so I can test the read/write functions the floppy drive. You can toss it into a standard envelope with a couple of sheets of...
  11. M

WTB: Brother Super Powernote Graphic Laptop PN-9000GR

Hi, I am looking for a Brother Super Powernote Graphic Laptop PN-9000GR. It is the one with a 9 inch monochrome non-backlit 640 x 200 CGA LCD screen, and it has DOS and Geoworks built in on ROM. I live in Houston, TX. Thanks!
Back