• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Altair #1 - Lost in the mail. Who got Altair #2?

It is fairly well established that the first Altair built was lost in transit to Les Solomon back in October of 1974. Which raises the question of where did Altair #2 go? I always assumed that Ed Roberts built the second one and shipped it off to Les Solomon to replace the lost one. However...
  2. C

My collection (hoard?) about 20 years ago...

I starting collecting in the late 1970's when I was part of a small group trying to start up a computer museum in Minnesota. It never happened, but I sure filled my garage with lots of stuff. In 1996, a collector was coming to buy one of my Apple 1 computers and wanted to see what else I had...
  3. C

1972 Univac 8008 Micro Computer System

A few years ago I posted video of an early 8-bit micro in my collection that I did not know the background on. However, I recently found out the history of the computer. It was built by the Univac R&D Division in St. Paul, Minnesota. They were carefully following the development of Intel's 4004...
  4. C

WTB: Apple II Bell & Howell "6" Keycap - Shiny black type

I have an Apple II Bell & Howell computer missing the "6" keycap. Actually, the stem is broke off so I need the whole assembly. This computer was built in the May of 1981 so it must have been an Apple II+ style computer. The keyboard was an RFI type. Please contact me if you have one available...
  5. C

A few items in my computer collection (YouTube Video)

I started collecting various computer artifacts in the mid-1970's. I decided to post a YouTube video showing some of the items that I have in my collection, so I thought I would share it with the group. I have about 100 micros and lots of manuals and older artifacts--way to many to list or show...
  6. C

My 1972 Intel 8008 "Mystery Computer"

I finally made a video and posted on YouTube of my early Intel micro with the 8008 CPU. My research shows that this might have built as early as the summer of 1972. I wished I knew who built it and the purpose of the computer. It obviously could not do much but sure looks great--a good example...
  7. C

An encounter with Steve Jobs and my 3 Apple 1 computers (YouTube Video)

I did a video that talked about my one encounter with Steve Jobs in 1982 and a little about the three different Apple 1 computers that I owned over the years. The video is posted on YouTube and the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkk1lIpEBpk
  8. C

Want to communicate with collectors having an Intel SIM8-01

I have an early Intel SIM8-01 board that I am trying to date. I suspect that it was manufactured in mid-1972 but not sure. I have compared it to two other boards so far and found differences in the chip sets used and the actual circuit layout along with a few component differences. Also, my...
  9. C

Taking offers on Apple 1, MITS Altair 8800, and early Intel Development System

In the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, I was part of a small group trying to start a computer museum in Minnesota. It never worked out, but I did collect lots of stuff. I had hopes of doing something with my collection of 100+ micros when I retire, but retirement age has arrived and my interests...
  10. C

Listed some micros on eBay...MicroAce, Mostek F8, Sym-1, and Ferguson Big Board

I listed a few micros and some miscellaneous computer artifacts on eBay last night. Included is a MicroAce Issue 1, a nice Sym-1, a Digitial Research Ferguson Big Board, a 1975 Mostek F8 evaluation board, and a 1979 Fairchild F8 board. Also included in my listings is a 1975 Intel MCS-40 manual...
  11. C

Finally digging out my collection!

I am finally getting around to digging out my collection of computers that have buried in my garage for years. There must be about 150 computers with about 100 different types. So far, I have about 80 cataloged and shown on my web site. I started collecting in the late 1970’s when I was part...
  12. C

Apple Computer Dating and Serial Number Deciphering...any references out there?

I have a collection of old Apple computers and am trying to locate a chart or reference that might help identify the model and date of production based on the serial number. The problem in identifying them mainly involves my various Apple II computers. I have probably 25 to 30 of them that were...
  13. C

My collection and web site

I probably one of the earlier collectors of micros and vintage computer artifacts. It started in 1975 when I was asked to teach a programming class at the high school level. As a newbie, I had lots to learn and wanted to make it interesting. I had a Bendix G-15 in my classroom donated by the...
  14. C

Intel MCS-85, SYM-1, and ELF II offered on eBay

I have just listed these microcomputers on eBay. You can see the listing by visiting my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Craigs-Vintage-Collectibles I am slowly starting to dispose of my rather massive collection of computer artifacts. I was once part of effort in Minnesota to start a...
  15. C

Calculating Devices gallery added to my website

In addition to calculating devices, I collect automobilia and petroliana items. I have maintained a website showing these collections for some time. I have just added a section showing some of the calculating devices in my collection. Included are slide rules, mechanical calculators and adders...
  16. C

Mystery Micro

Hi, I am new to the group and think I will enjoy visiting and learning from others. My hat goes off to Erik on putting together a great site for collectors to gather and share. I collected several micros years ago and haven't done much with them for years. I have one particular early system...
  17. C

Greeting from Minnesota

I am a life long collector of all types of stuff including calculators and computers. My fascination with computers started in 1975 when I took a math teaching position that included teaching some programming. My classroom quickly grew into a miniature computer museum thanks to donations from...
Back