• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Reorganization of 'Genres' Category

Does the new IBM non-PC category also include things like POWER systems?
  2. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Oh, no question. They're not particularly rare except for the very earliest revisions, and they're very durable machines, so if one's still around it's either working or repairable. I suspect that of the ones that got tossed, it was accidental because they looked like disembodied random circuit...
  3. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Revisions *beyond* G?
  4. C

AIM-65 Video Output Success.

Really nice work. I got some boards and pieces in for my own AIM-65, and this sounds like a worthy extension to look into as well.
  5. C

Advice on restoring a Dual G4

Let me be slightly pedantic here just in case what I wrote in https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/advice-on-restoring-a-dual-g4.1246767/post-1366392 wasn't clear enough, but the distinction is important: the Classic Environment is the part of OS X that can boot OS 9 in virtualization. That...
  6. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Well done. I had something similar happen replacing the RAM on mine.
  7. C

TMS7000 development systems

This is very helpful. I'm trying to get into a little CC-40 hacking myself. Thanks for doing this.
  8. C

Climate control

Not really a climate controlled display, but I have my server room on its own portable A/C unit controlled by the G4 server, and I store items in there as well.
  9. C

Brother Super Power Note PN-8500MDS

Proprietary. However, people have gotten CP/M running on related units like the LW-30 ( ) so it may be possible to get it running on this one. Note that the last and mightiest PN-9000GR is a completely different system that runs PC/GEOS, the same as the bigger GeoBooks.
  10. C

resurrecting/upgrading power mac 7500/100

The 7500 should not need a PRAM battery. Only early 7500s would need a ROM SIMM; most of them don't.
  11. C

Did MacOS ever have any sort of scripting ability?

The Mac Telnet servers I encountered mostly were ways to access the MPW Shell remotely (basically a hack to inject remotely-received commands into ToolServer). That probably wouldn't be too helpful here.
  12. C

[C64] RS232 userport adapter works but gets hot

If the "heat" doesn't change by switching the chips, it can't be the chips and it must be something about the board or wiring. Rather than risk a fire, there are many other user port adapters you could use and none of them are very expensive. I use a GGLabs myself for my 128DCR which supports...
  13. C

AIM-65 Video Output Success.

I think I've seen others with that case and it may be a standard Rockwell design, but it's definitely well-adapted to expansion. My AIM-65 is in the flat grey Rockwell case.
  14. C

CE-158X, a more modern replacement for the Sharp CE-158 (and TRS-80 version)

Oh, good! You can take my money for one of those too when they become available (my 8201A thanks you).
  15. C

Cheap terminal server

Seems roughly similar to the old Lantronix UDS-10 and similar devices.
  16. C

Data General One

This is a necro post, but I got a round tuit with my own DG-1 this weekend and dealt with the polarizer, the CMOS battery and the floppy drives, and there are disk images out there for it. https://oldvcr.blogspot.com/2024/03/refurb-weekend-data-generalone-and.html
  17. C

recovering an SGI indigo

Beautiful! I have an Indigo2 I need to get going again, but always liked the look of the classic Indigo.
  18. C

End of OpenVMS Community License

This reminds me I need to get the C compiler on my VAXstation, uh, rehabilitated.
Back