• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Toshiba t2150CDT and Compaq Contura 430c, how to get to BIOS?

i recently found those 2 laptops, Toshiba t2150CDT/520 and Compaq Contura 430c. But i wonder, how do i access the BIOS on them? there's no on-screen guide for that.
  2. R

Replacing capacitors on sound cards? (SB16 more precisely)

Is there a place where i can get sheets for replacing capacitors on sound cards? I heard that Creative didn't used the proper capacitors for their SB16 cards, so i would like to know where i could find data sheets about which capacitors to use instead, so i could ask a friend to do the...
  3. R

IBM Netvista A40 drivers (Windows 98SE)

Does anyone here know where i could get all the drivers for my IBM Netvista A40? (Type 6578 i believe), the board's model number is "06P2525" I only have the MicroATX board now, i figured out the pinouts for the power button, HDD and Power LEDs. But now it seem like i can't find the right...
  4. R

Creative CR-563-B, 3DO Blaster?

Quick question, will the Creative (made by Matsushita) CR-563-B work on the Creative 3DO Blaster card? on many places it says the only model that work with it is the CR-563, so i wonder if the "-B" will work too. Or maybe the "-B" is only there to distinguish the Creative-logo'ed one from the...
  5. R

IBM 06P2525 front panel pinouts

I found out the pinouts for the front panel of the IBM 06P2525 motherboard (Pentium 3, Socket 370, MicroATX, AGP 4x/2x), since it have a proprietary connector BUT standard pins on it, i thought i would figure the pinouts and post this here: you're welcome!
  6. R

Intel 06P2525 board support?

i got an Intel 06P2525 main board lately, MicroATX, AGP 4x/2x, and i've been wondering if it's compatible with Tualatin-core S370 Pentium 3 processors? And also, is it compatible with 512mb SDRAM PC133 sticks? The chipset seem to be an Intel 815. the model number is actually "06P2525 01" on...
  7. R

Wanted: Dell latitude C840 with Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb video

i'm looking for a fully fonctionnal Dell Latitude C840 laptop with a Geforce4 Go Ti4200 (also called "4200 Go") 64mb inside. Screen should be clean without weird scratches in it. It's alright if don't include hard disk, RAM, or DVD-drive with it, and if the battery is dead, then just remove it...
  8. R

Geforce FX 5500 or 5700LE?

i got 2 cards recently, both are from Chaintech. Geforce FX 5500 256mb. and Geforce FX 5700LE 128mb. Which one should i use in a proper PC setup? (meaning which one is faster, seeing that both seem to be almost equally-fast, and both seem to be compatible AGP 2x/4x (and possibly 8x?) thanks...
  9. R

Seanix Riva128, AGP?

i found in one of my boxes a Seanix "Nipigon" Riva128 AGP...but i thought they only made PCI Riva128, while the ZX had the option to be AGP! Is that a common thing to use PCI cards and turn them into AGP cards? if i believe this sticker, it have 4mb...and only the PCI version had 4mb if i...
  10. R

Using a CompactFlash to replace hard disk on a DOS-based 486 computer?

i have a 4gb CompactFlash here, a regular one from Sandisk, with a CF-IDE adapter (i have 2 kinds: internal that goes directly on the IDE connector, and one that take a slot behind and connected with a IDE ribbon). I tried formatting the card so it work for installing DOS...it did worked for...
  11. R

UM4980 board, battery voltage?

i finally know what's that "Mind" board now, it's a UM4980, v1.4. But like a dumbass, i forgot to take a picture of that battery plugged on the board, i remember it being 4 something volts, and being a NiCD i think (it looked like 3 x AAA batteryes wrapped together with 2 wires sticking out)...
  12. R

IBM 300PL (model 6562)

hi! i got this computer last Sunday. And by checking IBM's PDF here (i have the 6562 model): http://ps-2.kev009.com/pccbbs/commercial_desktop/dts6067f.pdf The computer seem to be equipped with EDO ram, yet...the slots seem to be SDRAM. Now my question...do you think real SDRAM sticks would...
  13. R

Lost Eden (PC) freezing problem

I don't know what's wrong, but with my copy of Lost Eden, i KNOW it was running well on my computer at the time (386SX 25Mhz, 4mb RAM, SB Pro, CDRom 1x...) but then a year or so ago, i tested it on many old PCs and it freeze, everytime i talk to the guard (Thugg), the game just freeze. I tried...
  14. R

Wanted: 2 x 512kb EDO 40 pins SOJ.

I'm looking to upgrade my S3 805 card which is VLB, it have 1mb built-in, and have 2 sockets for EDO 40pins SOJ to add an extra 1mb, but all i have at home are pieces of 256kb. It does support up to 2mb of memory, so this is why i'm looking for those.
  15. R

Turbo LED display and jumpers

ok i'm trying to figure out but i'm just confused now... i have the GK-01 LED display on a case, and it's set for "100Mhz turbo, 40Mhz no-turbo", and i would like to set it for "66Mhz turbo, 33Mhz no-turbo". How do i have to set it up? link...
  16. R

Mind 486 computer

I found that a week ago from a guy who live nearby. (there's an Intel 486 Overdrive DX2ODPR66 CPU that goes on it, just not in the photo) With some research, i found out that it was some kind of computers retail chain in Canada, but for some reasons, there's no real brand on the cards inside...
  17. R

More infos on "Arvida Technology Ltd"? (486 Socket3 board)

Today i got that Socket3 board, and it seem to be designed by Arvida Technology Ltd. and made in Canada. When you do a search for Arvida, it give you a small settlement in Saguenay, Quebec. (which is the province where i live) Any more informations someone might have here? i can't find...
  18. R

Technical help for a PowerVR Kyro II card

i found a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 a few days ago, and while i was testing it (Windows XP, with the proper drivers), i tried 2 games on it (Aquanox and Undying) and when the game try to boot up, it give me a weird screen that look like this: (not my picture) and it flickers sometimes. While...
  19. R

UNIVBE only detecting 1mb?

well on most of my DOS computers (486DX4 100Mhz, Pentium 75Mhz and Pentium 100Mhz), when i run UNIVBE with a VESA-compatible card, even if the card have more than 1mb of memory, UNIVBE still detect only 1mb...is that normal? For example, i tried many PCI cards (S3, Cirrus Logic, ATI...
  20. R

Custom 486 case badge/sticker?

did anyone created their own custom 486 case badge/sticker? cos i'm looking for one on the net to print out, but i can't find any (standard square sticker)
Back