• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Wameco (WMC) CRT-1 video board - looking for a manual and information

I got an mostly unpopulated Wameco CRT-1 board from eBay. This board contains a Z80 processor and an EPROM, 6845 controller, CRT8002 Character Gen, RAM for the processor and RAM for Video. Without an manual and the code in the EPROM it is impossible to get this board to life. Anybody there has...
  2. F

Kaypro 10/83 and WD1002-HD0

I have two WD1002-HD0 and one RMT1002-05 controller. Both of the WD1002-HD0 shows "System Status 02" in the lower left corner of the screen. But all operations working fine. With the RMT1002-05 i don't get the "System status 02" message on the screen. I changed the WD1010 chip on the WD1002-HD0...
  3. F

WTB: Seattle Computer Products SCP-500 Disk Master S-100 floppy controller

I am looking for an Seattle Computer Products SCP-500 Disk Master S-100 floppy controller, that is for sale. Best Regards, Frank
  4. F

SCP MS-DOS 2.0 File Transfer program

I am now ready with my SCP 8086 computer. The Morrow HDC/DMA hard disk controller works now perfect. The Operating system is SCP MS-DOS 2.0. But i have no tool at the moment to transfer files between the old and the modern world. The floppy disk format i have available are 8" SD/SS and 8" DD/DS...
  5. F

Wanted: Manual for the Seattle Computer Products 8086 board SCP-210

I want to have a manual for the Seattle Computer Products 8086 board SCP-210. This is the follower of the SCP-200. For the SCP-200 there are scans of the manual in the web. For the SCP-210 i found no manual in the web. I attach a picture of the board. Thanks in advance, Frank
  6. F

WTB: Morrow S-100 HDC/DMA Winchester controller

I am looking for an Morrow S-100 HDC/DMA Winchester controller in good working condition. Frank
  7. F

Morrow HDC/DMA Winchester controller

Is there any user out there, who has an working(in use) Morrow HDC/DMA controller. Also looking for an service manual for the HDC/DMA, not the "normal" technical reference manual. Frank
  8. F

Hard disk controller and driver for the SCP S-100 MS-DOS system??

At the moment i have a working SCP 8086 System on my bench. It contains the 8086 CPU board SCP-210, two 64K Memory boards SCP-110, two 32K Memory boards CompuPro RAM-20, one Tarbell MD2022 Double Density floppy controller, one CPU Support board SCP-301 and the 4-channel serial bord SCP-400. I...
  9. F

Seattle Computer Products 8086 Computer with "MS-DOS 1.25"

Hello, i am proud to show my new toy. An SCP 8086 in an CompuPro Enclosure. Getting from the US it contains the 8086 CPU board SCP-210, two 64K Memory boards SCP-110, two 32K Memory boards CompuPro RAM-20, one Tarbell MD2022 Double Density floppy controller, one CPU Support board SCP-301 and the...
  10. F

IMSAI 8080 Owner, please help...

I own a IMSAI 8080 without an top cover. Now i want to build a new one like the original. Is there an IMSAI 8080 owner, who is able to scan the sides of the top cover with the vent slots in it? Also the exact thickness of the original sheetmetal, the height and depth of the cover are interesting...
  11. F

Genesis of the BigBoard II in 2014

After 30 years the BigBoard II PCB comes to life. I took pictures from different progress states. For all ICs i use sockets. After feeled 1 million solder joints i wash away the residue from the flux. Then i carefully inspect the solder joints for shorts. I populate the board with all ICs and...
  12. F

WTB: STD bus female connector 2x28p .125" pitch .140" row spacing

I need one or two of these STD bus back plane connectors. (Sullins p/n: EBA28DRTH) Ordering some from Digikey required to buy ten of these. Frank
  13. F

Big Trouble with BigBoard II

After decades of searching, i got a BigBoard II in an case with an TM848E 8" drive. Unfortunately someone pulled all socketed ICs out of the board. Also the processor from the TM848E. Now i have a big problem. :eek: Some of the ICs are hard to get, but possible to get (CRT8002A etc.) But the...
  14. F

IMSAI 8080 Switch Reloaded

I got my first IMSAI 8080 weeks ago. It was an industrial used one, i think. There was rach mounting rails on it and it has a power redundant power supply with two identical transformer, rectifier and regulator trees. This was very good to modify the IMSAI for 230V operation. Putting the two...
  15. F

KAYPRO and KayFreHD as a hard disk module

Hello Kaypro Users, the first prototype for the KayFreHD module had arrived today and works fine at once. This extended Version of the FreHD module has extra logic and connector for the use in Kaypros. It get power over the standard Kaypro flat cable. So is no need for an extra power connection...
  16. F

HowTo: KAYPRO II/83 and 4/83 with KayPlus83 ROM

The modifications are tested on an 81-240A mainboard The 81-240 mainboard has a ROM socket for up to 2732 EPROMs. The KayPlus83 ROM is an 2764 EPROM. I use a ATMEL 28C64B EEPROM with success. The original ROM socket missed the A12B line and the /ROMCE selects only 1K of ROM space. So you have to...
  17. F

The TRS-80 Model III experience - Getting this working???

Today i get my TRS-80 Model III shipped from the US via the international trading program from eBay. No good noises comes out of the closed box, when i give it a little shake. After opening the box and remove the few "cushion elements", the complete harm is to see. What does the seller think...
  18. F

KAYPRO and FreHD as hard disk????

I own two KAYPROs 4/84 and a FreHD module. The KAYPRO uses the WD1002 controller (similar to the WD1000-TB1 in the TRS-80) as the TRS-80 for hard disk access. So my question is, if the KAYPRO is getting to work with the FreHD module. I am not so deep in the KAYPROs and have no documentation...
  19. F

FreHD How to program the PIC (18F4620)

I received the FreHD, assemble it and have problems. When it is connected to the Model 4 w/o power, then the Model 4 works. With power to the FreHD the Model 4 doesn't work. :confused: After i remove the PIC, the Model 4 powers up with or w/o power to the FreHD. So i think it is the best to...
  20. F

The TRS-80 4P experience - Getting it working

Today i get my "new" TRS-80 4P (gate array). Before i power it up, i take it apart. First replacing the RIFAs on the power supply, to avoid the magic smoke.:cool: Then cleaning all of the inner areas from dust with compressed air. Later when i first power it up, i see a green background area on...
Back