• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Half of my RAM is missing?

I've been working on a rebuild of my 486SX (U5S) and back some months ago I practically finished it, it just took me this long to get a hard drive in (too busy fixing my bike from 1936 and buying a CZ 5000 synth - plus my workstation died) but back then I was sure I installed 32MB of RAM, only...
  2. H

Wtb - ET4000 2MB VLB

As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone is willing to sell me an ET4000-based card for VLBus, preferably a 2MB one as my STB Lightspeed decided to give up on life last night for no apparent reason. I've tried fixing it replacing everything that can be replaced but to no avail. If you...
  3. H

My Collection (Pictures/Videos)

Well, it was inevitable that something would happen... Main workstation is losing water quickly and it's GPU failed (There still appears to be underlying stability problems) - so I have decided that after six years of saying I will, it is finally time to get onto getting a replacement up, this...
  4. H

Pro Audio Spectrum Plus driver for NT 3.51

Does anybody have this driver? I've tried pretty much everything I can find on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  5. H

Anyone have the BIOS for a PCI54ST-1?

Recently pulled this out of a box, in 2004 the system stopped booting, I didn't have much equipment at that time so I boxed a load of stuff up for the future, most of which has since been fixed. It appears the EEPROM containing the BIOS has failed, can't read anything from it if I place it in...
  6. H

Time for an update, good month so far. Brace yourself, it's a big one! Going to go after diodenmann's 486 motherboard and give my 5x86 another go seeing how my Batman was defective but my bad luck seems to be over for now, on the subject of that, I never did return the Batman, but the seller got...
  7. H

A good day! Got this lot for £70, can probably make some amount back as I don't want all of them, apparently a bloke who lost the auction wants some of them... Might end up selling some off to him. Hopefully he's the type that'll put them to good use and not lock them in a glass box...
  8. H

DOS can connect to the network? Check. Went one better and connected an unstable operating system before using it to play music? Check.
  9. H

Been some time since I posted in here, this is one that's probably not hanging around as the motherboard and CPU are highly likely to be headed back to Germany shortly. CPU: Pentium 60MHz - Doesn't have FDIV Bug. RAM: 32MB FPD (It doesn't like EDO, doesn't like most FPD either actually) - the...
  10. H

Wtb: Umc u5d / umc 486dx cpu

Figured I may as well post here on the offchance that someone wants to, or knows someone that wants to sell one or possibly trade for something in my box of CPUs. Having a hard time tracking one of these down, doubtful I'll ever find one. Send a PM if you think you might have one or know...
  11. H

Pentium or 5x86?

I'm kinda stuck, figured I'd ask some opinions (and likely, being the rebel I am, ignoring them and doing the opposite of whatever they say) - those opinions being on what to do with a bunch of hardware that is now doing nothing. I want a machine in the Pentium 60-75 performance band as my...
  12. H

Less than two hours? Gotta be a record. Anyway, here's my IBM; ValuePoint 325T/S (6382) That was taken with my old camera a long time ago, found it and figured I needn't take another. Have the mouse an manual somewhere but somebody stole the missiny keycaps years back, doesn't bother me as I...
  13. H

Made a video documenting how the 286 and K5 have been altered since their last appearence. 5x86 makes an appearence too - though a small one and it isn't started up, plus my UM486 runs a 5x86 chip (This was done before I tweaked memory timings, improving performance even further). I have my...
  14. H

486 RTC Chip Problem? (MB-8433UUD-A Ver 2)

Now I'm in a bad mood. I bought a 486 motherboard (with a load of other stuff) and it arrived yesterday, it's this one, but there is a problem. Every time the POST screen appears, no matter what, I get CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults loaded CMOS Batter Failure I'm willing to bet the lithium...
  15. H

The Benchmark Thread

I thought it might be fun to run NSSI (from here) and create a table with CPU and FPU benchmarks. In short, you can post results as a plain text (or link a screenshot) reply and I will add them to the table. Because I'm a geek like that, this stuff interests me and also it is potentially useful...
  16. H

Ordered some new parts to play with today. I was planning on getting an Am5x86 to go towards completing the CPU collection, but that's effectively a 486 inside, I therefore decided I don't want one (unless I find one dirt cheap or in the trash somewhere - yeah, I rummage in bins) as they are...
  17. H

I figured as much... I am considering Dual-Booting as I don't have an NT4 system running. In the meantime, having rummaged in my box of CPUs, one of my 386's got an upgrade; Before (Am386DX-40) After (Cyrix 486DLC-33GP) Oddly, the FPU also gets a performance increase (almost doubled)...
  18. H

It seems to be the same dimensions and I've heard of other people using these without any major issues besides power consumption though many seem to be the sorts that just like displaying things, I see that as a waste, my CPUs work for a living. For comparison sake, I took a picture of it...
  19. H

EMM386 Slowdown with K5

This one has got me beat (and I'd be willing to bet I have forgotten something stupid), I have a K5-based system which ran fine aside from a dodgy hard drive (which has been dodgy for almost a decade) - needless to say I got tired of read/write errors and replaced it with another drive which has...
  20. H

Why not? :D It started when I had to enter a name in the Network Settings with one I labelled "Kalinka" as far as I remember, named after the old Russian folk song which I was listening to at the time, I like Russian folk music (and Russia itself) so I decided to continue using names like that...
Back