• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Half of my RAM is missing?

I've been working on a rebuild of my 486SX (U5S) and back some months ago I practically finished it, it just took me this long to get a hard drive in (too busy fixing my bike from 1936 and buying a CZ 5000 synth - plus my workstation died) but back then I was sure I installed 32MB of RAM, only...
  2. H

Wtb - ET4000 2MB VLB

As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone is willing to sell me an ET4000-based card for VLBus, preferably a 2MB one as my STB Lightspeed decided to give up on life last night for no apparent reason. I've tried fixing it replacing everything that can be replaced but to no avail. If you...
  3. H

Pro Audio Spectrum Plus driver for NT 3.51

Does anybody have this driver? I've tried pretty much everything I can find on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  4. H

Anyone have the BIOS for a PCI54ST-1?

Recently pulled this out of a box, in 2004 the system stopped booting, I didn't have much equipment at that time so I boxed a load of stuff up for the future, most of which has since been fixed. It appears the EEPROM containing the BIOS has failed, can't read anything from it if I place it in...
  5. H

Wtb: Umc u5d / umc 486dx cpu

Figured I may as well post here on the offchance that someone wants to, or knows someone that wants to sell one or possibly trade for something in my box of CPUs. Having a hard time tracking one of these down, doubtful I'll ever find one. Send a PM if you think you might have one or know...
  6. H

Pentium or 5x86?

I'm kinda stuck, figured I'd ask some opinions (and likely, being the rebel I am, ignoring them and doing the opposite of whatever they say) - those opinions being on what to do with a bunch of hardware that is now doing nothing. I want a machine in the Pentium 60-75 performance band as my...
  7. H

486 RTC Chip Problem? (MB-8433UUD-A Ver 2)

Now I'm in a bad mood. I bought a 486 motherboard (with a load of other stuff) and it arrived yesterday, it's this one, but there is a problem. Every time the POST screen appears, no matter what, I get CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults loaded CMOS Batter Failure I'm willing to bet the lithium...
  8. H

The Benchmark Thread

I thought it might be fun to run NSSI (from here) and create a table with CPU and FPU benchmarks. In short, you can post results as a plain text (or link a screenshot) reply and I will add them to the table. Because I'm a geek like that, this stuff interests me and also it is potentially useful...
  9. H

EMM386 Slowdown with K5

This one has got me beat (and I'd be willing to bet I have forgotten something stupid), I have a K5-based system which ran fine aside from a dodgy hard drive (which has been dodgy for almost a decade) - needless to say I got tired of read/write errors and replaced it with another drive which has...
  10. H

Wanted: Pair of Slot 1 Pentium III CPUs - 750MHz and up

I've been restoring an old workstation of mine lately, it has a SuperMicro P6DGU motherboard and two 500MHz CPUs at the moment. This thing was a beast but I would like to push it even further and as slotkets have failed me I have taken to the internet to try and locate some better cpus but to no...
  11. H

My Collection (Pictures/Videos)

I shall add to this thread in the coming weeks, but in the mean time, here are a few... Fistly, Amy, an Am486 DX4-100 system on an MSI MS-4144 Motherboard. 256KiB Cache 64MB EDO RAM 3.2 GB Hard Drive (Seagate) Quad Speed Mitsumi CD-ROM (IDE) SoundBlaster Pro 2 LMSI (CT1620, anybody selling a CD...
  12. H

Anybody know the pinouts for the Byte

I own this thing, it's a russian machine known as Byte (Or Байт), built back in the soviet days. In effect it is a clone of the Spectrum with some extra features and support for 9-Pin joystick, no idea about compatibility yet but I am determined to get it to do something (other than the fact it...
  13. H

Hello, from the UK

Hello, collector of old computers here, mostly x86 though I have a real soft spot for the C64 and also anything made by SEGA. My name is Paul, I am 22, from England, not the best place to collect such things. I have a YouTube channel; http://youtube.com/user/hightreason610 where I do system...
Back