• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. TMA-1

Another Rifa goes out in a blaze of glory

Took apart my Apple II+ clone's PSU to see what the problem was. I have a theory, but I'm not sure. It's still hard to see through all the smoke, but there's a Rifa cap in there that looks somewhat, uhm,... "questionable". Do you all think it should be replaced? Cheers.
  2. TMA-1

Mystery Card

I've been mining a long-forgotten junk box of electronics parts and PCBs, looking for buried treasures. I've found one card I probably I bought in the 90's from a local surplus store as scrap electronics, but never got around to harvesting. Now I'm curious--just what is it? It identifies as a...
  3. TMA-1

Apple II+ sudden keyboard death

I have an Apple II+ that has a keyboard which is very nice mechanically and never given me issues on any key. I was using the machine last night, and suddenly the keyboard became unresponsive. No key produces a character on the screen or response from the computer, with the exception of...
  4. TMA-1

Making .WAV's

Me again. Been playing with console "1" which was repaired as per another thread. I'll restart work on console "2" presently, with the information kindly posted there by others. Okay. What am I doing that's silly? I mean besides playing with 8-bit computers in the middle of the night in the...
  5. TMA-1

Bad Video on TI-99/4A?

I recently picked up a TI-99/4A on Kijiji. (Shhhhh,... don't tell my wife I bought ANOTHER computer.) Back in the day I was a poor student and therefore a ZX81 man, but I was always jealous of the full keyboard and features of the better but more expensive TI. Now that I finally have one, I...
  6. TMA-1

XT Clone Not Booting Floppy First

Hello all, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile, and have learned a lot. Having a rather mysterious problem though. I searched, but only found one similar post, and no answer that fit my situation. I have an Eagle PC Spirit luggable clone. It is an 8088 with no CMOS BIOS setup. It...
Back