• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Apple II+ character ROM

Reactivemicro has these https://www.reactivemicro.com/product/apple-ii-2513-character-rom-apple-pn-341-0036/
  2. W

u-Sci A2 and Disk II questions

I’ve used a disk controller in slot 7 many times. The only reason people almost always use slot 6 is because it became customary so a lot of software expects it there. Most likely the ULN2003 is the only one blown. Unless you have a chip tester there’s really no way to check the other chips. Be...
  3. W

QC-10/20 HD utility

I’m looking for the Apple II Utilities disk for the Quark Peripherals QC-10/20 hard drive. Hoping someone here either has it or might know where to find it.
  4. W

Damn Upgrades!

The Keyboard encoder is different but you can swap in a complete keyboard with encoder. That’d tell you if the issue is on the motherboard or not
  5. W

Damn Upgrades!

The Rev 4 was the last Apple II to use the 2513 ROM. The later 341-0036 was not compatible with the Rev 4 and earlier Apple II motherboards. The 341-0036 is a 2716 compatible ROM
  6. W

Getting from 64KB to 128KB on a stock Apple IIe the HARD way.

Years ago on ebay I saw a card that plugged into an 80 column card to give it 64k. You moved some chips over and it plugged into their sockets. It was quite a while ago and I don't recall anything else
  7. W

I had a number of early 80 column cards with 1k. I kept a couple in case I should ever think of a use and recycled the rest.
  8. W

I go for the enhanced upgrade then I put the old chips in a small bag and fasten it to the power cable. Only see them when I lift the cover and they're never lost
  9. W

Apple lle problem

And don't install or especially remove any card while the power is on. While itis possible, there is a very good chance of shorting something.
  10. W

Software for Copy Master II

I'm wondering if the Wildcard software would work
  11. W

Any rare apple II accessories I should keep and eye out for?

There’s just rare to see on a IIe but findable Vulcan hard drive Apple graghics tablet Superdrive card An accelerator PC Transporter Floptical Then there’s rare that very rarely comes up for sale OKS Multi-Kache Card RamWorks with 2mb Expander Ramfast with 4mb expander Inner drive Econ Pegasus...
  12. W

RamPak 4gs Utilities

I have an image of a RAMPAK disk. It's been a lot of years since I would have used it and don't recall what was on it. I also have an original RAMPAK disk around somewhere but can't look due to an injury which is causing some mobility issues at the moment. I moved the image to my google drive...
  13. W

Apple II power supply info?

That's definitely an aftermarket replacement. There were a lot of aftermarket power supplies available at the time. A lot of them were higher output than Apples
  14. W

Why did this Apple II Plus sell for almost $1k?

The first one doesn't show any bids so I'm guessing it was a buy it now while the second one had 19 bids. I'm guessing that someone wanted the first one and didn't want to risk losing a bidding war and just bought it
  15. W

What the heck is going on in this A][+

The straight down angle isn’t the best for identifying cards but it looks like you have a Franklin 80 column card. The keyboard cabling probably went to an external keyboard. The switch on it isn’t stock and may be part of that or just a replacement. Without the external, the cable isn't much...
  16. W

Apple II Firmware Card / ROM card need help

Some programs and later versions of ProDOS require you to have 64k
  17. W

Apple III Keycaps / Key stems needed

I had a few Apple IIIs with broken stems. It seems like Apple III keyboards used a few different key switches but I was able to replace some with switches from a damaged 128k Mac keyboard
  18. W

Apple II Firmware Card / ROM card need help

I've used one a few times and I've never used it in slot 0. I usually put it in a slot that lines up with a rear opening
  19. W

Dead Laser 128 - no floppy drives work

The drives pull a bit of power Try plugging the disk controller and drive into the slot. If that works then you're pretty sure it's not a power supply issue
Back