• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. soviet9922

VT100 Video Output Problem

You can install a fan in the space between the board and case, has done this on my vt100 and keep the system cool.
  2. soviet9922

Pocket 386

Don't get why all the hate looks like is a kinda cool device.
  3. soviet9922

OLPC XO-1

They are cool little computers used to work getting streaming working on them. Very common computers in my country, also the blue model is faster and have more memory.
  4. soviet9922

NEWAY GameED PC. Help removing the power supply.

Super cool, will get you the pinout for the psu that way you can make one yourself. You can splice a cable like this one to make the power supply...
  5. soviet9922

XT keyboard to AT motherboard adapter ?

Yes works great, in my case was installed internally inside the ibm portable so i don't care about enclosure. Also yes is pricey but was the only option back then, not sure now if there's a cheaper alternative.
  6. soviet9922

XT keyboard to AT motherboard adapter ?

if you are looking to use it on your modern pc theres plenty of xt - usb adapters on ebay
  7. soviet9922

Televideo 910 Linux Terminal Settings

Try vt52 in linux
  8. soviet9922

Anyone knows about the NEWAY GameED PC ?

Cool seems yours is a different color, do you have the manuals or any extra info about this system ?
  9. soviet9922

SD card to parallel port driver for MSDOS, ver 1.1

Do you have a shematic there ?, what type of diode do you recommend for this ?.
  10. soviet9922

SD card to parallel port driver for MSDOS, ver 1.1

build my own microsd to parallel thingy and it works is dog slog but works, maybe is slower than the floppy drive. First tested a 512 meg microsd what i considered ideal but is not detected by the driver, then changed to a 32 gig one and that was detected ok For some reason tried a 512 megs...
  11. soviet9922

commodore 128DCR stuck after COMMODORE BASIC 128 banner no ready prompt

Nothing changes, anyway i removed most of the internal floppy drive ics and now the computer work. Use an external disk emulator so i'm happy.
  12. soviet9922

GamEd PC

Cool can't find anything about it online.
  13. soviet9922

board pictures 2 + magazine advertisement
  14. soviet9922

motherboard pictures 1
  15. soviet9922

Purchased a "NEWAY GameED PC" from Ukraine, cyrilic keyboard and seems manufactured in Taiwan. On the internet the only information is a page from a magazine nothing else. Is a 486 and seems to boot dos but wonder what the cart slot takes ?, and on the motherboard there's a bunch of chips that...
  16. soviet9922

triple boot windows 98 windows 2k and freedos

What at first seems like something easy to archive turns to be quite hard to do. Have this configuration drive number 2 - partition 1 windows 98se partition 2 windows 2000 drive number 1 - Freedos 7 now on drive 2 have the windows 2000 boot menu and can boot fine...
  17. soviet9922

Tried replacing the IC but the problem persisted, for that reason ended up removing it altogether. Think that that chip is enabling some other stuff that is bad in the disk drive related chips.
  18. soviet9922

Running the computer having U112 removed gets all working fine, of course the internal drive is disabled. Planning to use the C128 using an external drive so don't care about the internal one. Thanks for all the help.
Back