• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. soviet9922

Anyone knows about the NEWAY GameED PC ?

Purchased a "NEWAY GameED PC" from Ukraine, cyrilic keyboard and seems manufactured in Taiwan. On the internet the only information is a page from a magazine nothing else. Is a 486 and seems to boot dos but wonder what the cart slot takes ?, and on the motherboard there's a bunch of chips that...
  2. soviet9922

triple boot windows 98 windows 2k and freedos

What at first seems like something easy to archive turns to be quite hard to do. Have this configuration drive number 2 - partition 1 windows 98se partition 2 windows 2000 drive number 1 - Freedos 7 now on drive 2 have the windows 2000 boot menu and can boot fine...
  3. soviet9922

commodore 128DCR stuck after COMMODORE BASIC 128 banner no ready prompt

Hi a few days ago a friend of mine dropped his non working commdore 128DCR to get some help fixing it. The computer don't worked in 128 mode the keyboard typed random garbage. So i replaced the ROM U34 for an eprom (128 basic) and socket both CIA's U4 and U1 replaced them. This fixed the...
  4. soviet9922

Help needed an SMC-210D6 keyboard membrane

Hi recently got an awesome Sony SMC-210D6 portable computer. The system works great boot from Floppy is all ok, but the keyboard is non-working. After some testing found out that the keyboard controller is ok the mechanical switches on the board F1-F10 keys work ok and shorting the pins from the...
  5. soviet9922

Recording video/audio using a BETACAMSP

Hi!, Managed to restore a BETACAM UVW-1800P recorder, and now I like to record video (got a lot of brand new tapes :D ). No problem with the video part but have issues recording audio. The audio output from the Betacam is XLR but there's also an audio RCA audio jack so no problem connecting...
  6. soviet9922

IBM 5151 MDA monitor fixing

Hi got an IBM 5151 monitor, and it has seen better days, the "seller" told me that someone dropped it from a truck when he moved places in the past. The casing is cracked but the guts of the monitor are ok the PCB is in a single piece with no cracks don't seem to be any cold solder joints...
  7. soviet9922

Help to identify multifunction CT-6050 card

Found some kind of ram card and like to use it on my XT but can't find the manuals to learn how to set the ram etc. The cards say "CT-6050 MULTI FUNCTION" and "copyright 1985" on the back "made in taiwan". Searched on google and stasons but found no card like it, maybe somebody knows about it...
  8. soviet9922

Coaxing a Luxor ABC80 to work

A long long time ago, found this Luxor ABC80. The computer is quite rare and on the internet is little information about it, the only useful information that I got where the schematics. This unit uses a monitor/PSU combo similar to how an Amstrac CPC could work. So decided to try to adapt a...
  9. soviet9922

Getting a seco Socket 7 SBC to work

Found a SECO MTL M 94V-0 4309 SBC board, could like to make a sort of mini retro pc out of it. This board looks quite cool has a Pentium MMX socket 7 CPU, and lots of I/O including audio (there's a crystal chip on the backside of the board). Now the PSU connector is easy to figure out the...
  10. soviet9922

isa pc apple transfer card

Hi anyone knows about this card? Searched on google but there's nothing. From the name "PC APPLE TRANSFER CARD FT-850306 1985 V 1.0", I suppose is for connecting an apple floppy drive to a pc ?. But don't seem to be any mentions in any place about it.
  11. soviet9922

Getting an ST-225 drive to work on an ibm portable

This is my first time dealing with these very old drives. I have an ST-225 drive and use a segate11m/11R 8 bit controller. The drive will do all the proper noises when starting and will ask "your c drive has not been insstalled" "do you want to install the unit? (y/n)" Then the bios "2.1" will...
  12. soviet9922

Looking to purchase an IBM 5291 terminal motherboard or base unit

Hi, have an ibm 5291, that have a bad motherboard. Looking for a replacement motherboard or base unit. This is how the beast look:
  13. soviet9922

Found a nice good old ibm 5291 terminal and like to try fixing it help needed.

Found in a trash bin several very old dumb terminals, the copper scrappers have gotten to some of them they where shattered into pieces. But lucky for me managed to get a complete 5291 from there just before meeting the end :D. Here a couple of pictures: The computer powers up and the...
  14. soviet9922

Apple II+ garbage on screen, maybe missing roms ?.

Hi guys, got an apple II+ recently in not so bad shape. After doing the basics (removing all ics cleaning sockets and legs on all ics on the board) checked that everthing was in place. Someone have been in here because one of the rams was missing and some other rams where so brittle that the...
  15. soviet9922

cardinal cp600 terminal psu pinout

Hi guys, Got one of this NOS cardinal cp600 terminals that are sold on ebay. The unit was brand new and all in box so joy :D. But the joy don't lasted, the power supply failed after an hour. Checked the primary and is open :'( The psu says +5v +12v -12v on it so replacing the psu will not be...
  16. soviet9922

dos replacement for pkunzip that support FPU

Hi guys, here another one of my dumb questions but i was using the TDL menu and each time i run a game it unpacks it. Theres any replacement for pkzip-pkunzip that uses an FPU to "run faster" ?, for 8088 or also even for a 386 ?.
  17. soviet9922

Apple IIgs hard disc image

Recently got an APPLE IIgs, 4 meg ram expansion and floppyemu. Downloaded a hard disc image that have the gs/os installed and is reall nice :D. But struggle to install more software. Someone have a hard disco image or images that are already configured software / games that can share?. It...
  18. soviet9922

Toshiba T3200SX (cmos shutdown byte error)

Hi my toshiba t3200sx was always a happy computer, i stored it for a couple of months whitout use. Now when power up will do a single beep and display "cmos shutdown byte error". removed ram unpluged the cmos batter y but this seems to have no effect same error. need help pleaseeee ....
  19. soviet9922

Gettin UMB space 640k-1024k on a tandy computer.

Hi guys could be possible to get memory to load UMBs on a tandy 1000 sl (8086) or hx(8088) ?. I have 640k on my tandy systems, but seen this this cards that seem to add memory selectable by jumpers from 0k to 1024k: https://texelec.com/product/lo-tech-1mb-ram/...
  20. soviet9922

any menu for vgmplayer dos ?

Someone knows about any menu that can be use to play vgms from vgmplayer in pure dos ?
Back