• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Looking for documentation: Toshiba Satellite A55-S106

Not a proper service & maintenance manual, but this may be of some use - and there may be more info to be found if you dig around the site a bit. M.
  2. T

Disk boot failure

Elementary problems are what you provided. Those problems were solved. No problem. Just a shame that you went the long way around. Middle of field Charente Maritime, FR
  3. T

Disk boot failure

"Rattler" - I ran a rather large and exclusive OS/2 network for a rather large UK agency. OS/2 was favoured (<<see that "u"? It's there for a reason.) over Windows for about 5 months until its absolute demise, due to the fact that it was utterly useless. Yes, Charles. I have a lot of OS/2...
  4. T

Disk boot failure

I'd love to see how that pans out. Imaging an old HDD ... not hard. If one has a separate (working - probably Linux) machine that can read CHS and LBA. And the requisite knowledge to do so. Congrats for chatting with Charlie and talking him (slowly) through the obvious to get issues sorted...
  5. T

Does anyone know where I can Find restore CD images for my late 90's P3 Dell Latitude CPX-J laptop?

I only knew it was there as I restored my old CPX last year - links to the user and service manuals are at the bottom of the same page if you need them. M.
  6. T

Early Compaq turbo speed keyboard combination

Terribly sorry. I'm not psychic.
  7. T

Early Compaq turbo speed keyboard combination

Ctrl Alt + / Ctrl Alt - seemed pretty common on clones BITD - not sure if that applies to Compaqs, but can't hurt to try.
  8. T

"Personal Computer" vs. "Home Computer"

▲▲▲ "4800 Baud Digital Cassette" ??? Surely cassettes were all analogue until DAT/DCC appeared on the scene?
  9. T

Crescendo MIDI player for Windows 3.1, Windows NT, Windows 95, & Mac-OS System 7.1

One quick Google search points here - there's a download link to *a* "Crescendo Midi Player" on that page.
  10. T

Setup Recommendations for IBM PC 300 | 6345

Pretty sure that means that the machine originally shipped with a 40x drive. Any speed IDE drive will work.
  11. T

Packard Bell Packmate 386 SX Processor Question

As long as you've got at least 4Mb RAM, then yes. Win 3.1 will run on 2Mb, but you'd not have a good time.
  12. T

Compaq SFF en desk-pro with Floppy and CD drives, with windows 98, run in dos mod. (help)

For the simple reason that SCSI was largely irrelevant in PCs used in the home. All people wanted would be a hard drive and an optical drive, which a simple IDE controller (often integrated on the mainboard along with serial, parallel, sound and video controllers) could handle with ease. Why...
  13. T

Simple Technology brand 340 MB. type 3 PCMCIA HDD

I had a similar Tosh years ago - pretty sure you'll need the CardSoft package from (? I think) SystemSoft. I'm sure you'll be able to find it with a simple Google search. M
  14. T

Must everything we buy new today be disposable junk? Even Test equipment?

Aren't *all* serial numbers supposed to be unique? :ROFLMAO:
  15. T

Elite - Online?

I'm pretty sure that any lack of bandwidth on Econet would be irrelevant, as AFAIK, there was never an "econetted" version of Elite released (or even written) for the BBC line.
  16. T

Getting Brother MFC-6800 printer/scanner/fax machine working

Isn't IA64 the Itanium version? I'd just use the X86 version of the driver (sixth item down the list on the Update Catalog link upthread) and see if you have any joy with that. If it's only a printer driver, there's no need for it to be specifically 64-bit, and it should get it at least working.
  17. T

Need some help with Flickr of all stupid things

I've just grabbed this link from my photostream using the app. It *should* take you to the photo. Incidentally, I don't think there is a way that you can select different display sizes, nor BBCode or anything else from the app. Which is why I never use it - all 28000+ photos that I've...
  18. T

Ah - didn't know you were using the (stupid) Flickr app. It should be possible to share things easily though. Find and open the photo you want to share, then tap the "three dots" at the bottom. That should bring up the (Flickr, not Android) sharing menu - grab the top option ... ... and...
  19. T

When viewing a photo on your photostream, there's four icons below right of the photo itself. The second one is a right-pointing arrow - click on that, and the sharing options box will pop up. There's various sharing options there, including BBcode for forums. Cheers, M.
Back