• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Clint

Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop battery issue

I used to run the repair centre in the UK for Gateway, them batteries failed left right and centre then !
  2. Clint

My Rusted PET8032 with busted CRT ...continuous resurrection

Sounds like the deflection yoke isnt getting any signal, check its connections first.
  3. Clint

Help with Elston DM30-09BO VDU board

Hi Jon, thought while I had some time I would pop back onto the forum and see whats going on, the answer to your problem would be apparent if you looked at it with a thermal camera, I have one and a kettle, give me a shout if you fancy a drive to kent. Merry Christmas mate.
  4. Clint

RM 380Z Wanted ASAP for film work.

I am after buying as many RM380Z’s as I can find good money paid will end up in my lovely collection but wanted for some film work. Can anyone help me ? 07766512517 Clint
  5. Clint

WANTED - Model 3 - FreHD - SDCard Image

I was wondering if anyone has a decent set of programs already on an SDCard for the Model 3 - if so can I get an image of your Card ?
  6. Clint

Brand New 5150 on ebay

Heads up well worth the money asked: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-IBM-5150-5150114-64KB-CPU-w-160KB-Diskette-PC-Personal-Computer-System-Unit-/292008360970?hash=item43fd0dfc0a:g:I78AAOSw44BYhorB
  7. Clint

IBM 5160 - Stripdown Cleanup and Repair.

I purchased a Quadram EGA card from eBay and fitted it this morning only to be presented with the same issue, after getting some help on here and checking the dip switches it was apparent I had a screen issue. I took the screen back apart, it was sold to me as faulty and had the PSU failure...
  8. Clint

IBM 5160 - STB Multifunction Card Identification

I have another card inside my 5160 that I can't find info on, anyone recognise it ?
  9. Clint

Quadram EGA Card in an IBM 5160 Help Needed

I have been restoring a 5160 and a 5154 Monitor I bought at the same time. I found out that the MDA card installed in the 5160 will not work with the monitor, giving me just a raster on the monitor. However I found a tested working EGA card on ebay and purchased that but have the same...
  10. Clint

EGA 8 Bit Video Card for my 5160

I purchased a 5160 base unit and 5154 monitor from a 'museum display' both sold as non-working. Both had faults, the monitor had a PSU issue that I fixed and the base unit had a tantalum cap gone on the FDD shutting the PSU down. With both items fixed I soon realised the base unit and monitor...
  11. Clint

I got around to putting the screen back together today, I went though the rest of the screen electronics and all looked great, one thing I did spot was these 2 caps on the RGB drives, they looked a bit swollen but it seems that they were perfect electronically, it was just the plastic labels had...
  12. Clint

TRS-80 Model 3 - Repair

Today the FreHD PCB's landed, can't wait to get this up and running with flash :) If anyone in the UK would like a board give me a shout as I had to buy 10.
  13. Clint

All done, its amazing how small modern caps are I went for a mix of Panasonic EE and FC series capacitors. I tested all the caps that come out, the ones on the left (plus the RIFA's) are out of spec, 1 is short, 1 is 10% and one 50%, the ones on the right are frightfully on spec, like...
  14. Clint

Had a quick look, so basically all the PSU's rectifiers work as a voltage doubler, which is bypassed by the link I have circled in this photo. So the power supplies are the same UK and US :)
  15. Clint

Well after a cup of tea and some egg sandwiches curiosity won ! I opened her up and removed the PSU, its riveted together so have to take a trip to the garden workshop and drill them out, the PSU although looking hot in a few places did not look too bad. The pulsing I had heard is...
  16. Clint

So I have a recent acquisition of 5160 With 5154 Colour Monitor, purchased from ebay both items from the same seller both advertised as dead and not working. This one was born on 5th December 1984, in Scotland UK. I did not try powering this on as it was quite dirty inside, it had been...
  17. Clint

My Apple //e repair - No boot

Before I go any further I just wanted to check something. This Apple came with an 80 column card with extra RAM, I took this card out, apart from putting the missing DRAM chip back on the system board was there anything else I need to change back ? The screen does flicker when turned on but no...
  18. Clint

My Apple //e repair - No boot

My Chips arrived today, I replaced C2 74S195 but still no 1Mhz, but I did have 2Mhz and then checked the output of B1, replaced B1 74S175 and immediately presented with a beep at power on. Also C2 is no longer hot ! Next job is to attach keyboard and a monitor to see what we have. One step...
Back