• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Using machines as they were vs. with modern "upgrades"

For me, I think I just want the ability to use the software on original hardware. I think upgrading it (either via accelerators, compact flash cards, virtual serial modems, etc.) just make it easier to experience everything the hardware had to offer. I do also like the fact that you can max...
  2. M

Tandy 1000 RLX XT-CF-lite Issues

You likely have the XT-IDE conflicting with something else in the same memory location. On my TL/2 I had to make adjustments so it would start at C000 and then everything started working. It's been awhile, but I think you can open the rom file with the xt-ide application and change the memory...
  3. M

Tandy 1000SX "Big Blue" (U30) interchange

Glad to see you are getting somewhere. I have an Tandy 1000 SX that is (thankfully) still working. If there is something you need to compare with let me know. I don't have an oscilloscope to validate anything though. :) Best of luck!
  4. M

Any advice on a good portable media (MP3/MP4) player?

I use a FiiO x3. It's an audiophile kind of device with a quality DAC and supports normal and high-end headphones. I don't think they make it anymore but FiiO makes a lot of high quality players. https://www.fiio.com/player If you like music and want good sound quality, I would go that route...
  5. M

1000EX Possible Alternate Monitor?

Adrian did a nice video that might give you some ideas: Personally, I would probably get one of these: https://www.serdashop.com/MCE2VGA
  6. M

Tandy Sensation Power supply

Sorry, but your options are pretty slim. The best way would be to repair it yourself, but if you aren't inclined to learn how to solder, your only hope is to find someone who has the equipment and the knowledge to be able to fix it properly. Check local ads or ebay for a possible electronics...
  7. M

Lo-tech 2MB EMS Board and Tandy TL/2

LOL. I posted this in 2014. I think I still have both of my EMS cards (still working btw). :)
  8. M

Tandy 1000 TL with XT/IDE

I was almost certain that the Tandy 1000 TL line required to switch to another address (D00?) on the xt-ide for it to function properly. The behavior you specify seems like you are encountering some kind of conflict on the address. I ended up reflashing mine with the alternate address and then...
  9. M

Getting WD1002A-WX1 to work in Tandy 1000SX with floppy drives not working

Tandy SX uses a low-density drive format (360k for 5 1/4" drives, 720k for 3.5" drives). You can't use high-density drives with the onboard drive cables. Tandy's also don't use a twisted cable (like most floppy cables) to determine which drive letter (there are actually jumpers on the drive to...
  10. M

Selling a TRACKSTAR 128 - Apple II hardware emulator for Tandy 1000

Sorry to say, but it's time to move on and clear out some really cool vintage stuff from my collection. I'm selling my Trackstar 128K for the Tandy 1000 / SX. Hardware emulation of the Apple II on your Tandy PC. If anyone is interested, its listed here: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/185027572901...
  11. M

TRADE: Need a Mac SE Keyboard & Mouse - Willing to trade a Tandy 1000 system

I just acquired a working original Macintosh SE, but it didn't come with a mouse or keyboard. Looking to possibly trade parts or a complete Tandy 1000 systems (no monitor shipping) in exchange for a working keyboard and mouse. I have several so please message me if you have any interest in a...
  12. M

Tandy 1000 EX Monitor Stand

Good Morning!! I have been looking high and low for the Tandy monitor stand that was used with the Tandy 1000 EX, so that your monitor can sit on top of your keyboard/pc, but still allow access to the floppy drive from the side. I have had a search up on ebay for the past two years, and I have...
  13. M

Interesting Tandy TL for sale on ebay

Someone will be very lucky if they pick up this Tandy TL: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Tandy-1000-TL-computer-with-monitor-keyboard-and-mouse-works-as-seen/263919959967?hash=item3d72daff9f:g:CeoAAOSwo2dbkIMz Have a look at the picture of the back of the computer. If i'm not mistaken it has...
  14. M

WTT: PAL Amiga 600 for an NTSC Amiga 600

I currently have a PAL Amiga 600 that I would like to swap out for an NTSC Amiga 600. If you happen to have a working board, I will buy it from you. Or if you have a full NTSC Amiga 600 system and are looking for a PAL version we can do a swap. Thanks! m.
  15. M

Bought an AST keyboard to go with an all-in-one AST computer - weird issue

Hello fellow vintage pc users! I have had a nice all-in-one AST Advantage PC, and recently acquired a matching AST advantage keyboard to use with it. Unfortunately, when I use this keyboard, my sound card stops functioning. As soon as I remove the keyboard and switch to a different one, the...
  16. M

Packard Bell Legend 386X

Looking for a 386X. Would prefer if it has a matching keyboard, but not necessary. Must be in 'ok' condition (i.e. nothing that is rusted out). I have several items for trade (such as a home built adlib card: http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-opl2-card, or a lo-tech XT-IDE card...
  17. M

WTB: TRS-80 Color Mouse and a copy of Tandy Micro Illustrator

Looking to find the TRS-80 Color Mouse (the black one with the red button) with the DIN connector and the Tandy Micro Illustrator software. If you have either one of these items, please message me to work out a deal! Thank you.
  18. M

Need 30-50 5.25" 360k disks (PC compatible)

If you have access to new or tested used 5.25" disks (low density), i'm after 30-50 of them if available. Will pay a reasonable price + shipping. Thanks.
  19. M

Selling a Couple Tandy 1000's, Amiga 500, and Motherboards (pickup)

Selling a few items on Kijiji in Cambridge, Ontario. Would be willing to sell for a bit less to members here. Pickup in Cambridge, or delivery in the Waterloo Region. I do not want to ship these items. Tandy 1000 SL/2...
  20. M

Trackstar 128 Manual

I thought it was about time that I shared the Trackstar 128 manual with everyone. You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghbuy7hez1mbck4 I hope to have an image of the copy protected disk in a few weeks (once the Kryoflux arrives). Enjoy! Mojo
Back