• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Generic ISA Multi-IO Cards & Game Port Cables

I have several generic 'made in China' ISA IO cards from ~1998. I received these in their original boxes but they have *NOT* been tested. The instructions say they are 'AT' cards but the connector only uses the 8-bit ISA pins - so your mileage may vary in 5150 PC or XT systems. Have qty 2 of...
  2. M

Altair 8800 Bring-up Questions

Recently I purchased an Altair 8800 from a friend, S/N 221999 (looks like someone sliced off the 'A' or 'K' from the end of the serial number, but I suspect it's a kit build). I ended up with the following: -Chassis -Display/control board -Power supply (likely a Rev 0) -Backplane - 1 ~.062"...
  3. M

Floppy Spindle Speed Patterns

Does anyone have a PDF of the patterns that would be stuck onto a floppy spindle used with a strobe to measure the speed?
  4. M

Micropolis FDC board - "Overclocking" for 360 rpm drives

I picked up a couple of really nice Hitachi 1.2MB 5.25" drives at VCF this year - cast housings, black faceplates, originally used in IBM mainframes to load firmware updates. I was hoping to use these to replace the Micropolis drives in my Vector MZ - but I can't seem to find any option to...
  5. M

SBC6120-RetroBrew Computers Edition - KiCAD, Gerber PCBs & Partial IC Kits

Hello VCF DEC group! Recently I've been working on a project to take the SBC6120 design/source files provided by Robert Armstrong on the Spare Time Gizmos website and create a new version of the board. I'm calling this the 'SBC6120-RetoBrew Computers Edition' and there is a wiki page for the...
  6. M

CP/M 2.2 - Single Floppy Operation

I have a Vector MZ with only one working floppy drive, and a somewhat embarrassing basic CP/M question. Is it possible to format a disk in the same drive you're running off of, and copy files between disks in the same drive, in CP/M 2.2?
  7. M

Debugging the Vector Graphic Monitor 4.0

Recently, I acquired a Vector Mindless Terminal to go with my Vector MZ. This allowed me to switch the monitor ROM in my ZCB over from a modified version using the ZCB serial port for the console (helpfully created for me by Mike Deramp in my original thread and based on the VG 4.0C monitor) to...
  8. M

Human Resource Machine - Assembly-Style Programming Game

https://www.gog.com/game/human_resource_machine just came out the other day, by an indie game developer I really like. It's a puzzle game with a drag-and-drop programming language to solve each level. However, the programming language used is a lot like assembly - get data from input bus, send...
  9. M

Micropolis (Vector) controller mod for drive motor on/off

I have heard that there is a modification that can be made to the Micropolis/Vector floppy controller board that will allow the drives to stop spinning when they are not being accessed. Currently the board I have does not have this modification, so the drives spin all the time. Is there...
  10. M

Bringing up a Vector Graphic Mindless Terminal

(previous thread on my MZ was here - Bringing up a Vector Graphic MZ) I finally got my hands on a Vector Mindless Terminal to go with my MZ. Sweet! However, the "foam and foil" in the Keytronic keyboard had turned into....foil and "dust that used to be foam". Not so sweet. So, I fired up my...
  11. M

FOR SALE: Adaptec AHA-1640 MCA -> SCSI Card

I have 1 Adaptec AHA-1640 MCA -> SCSI card. (http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/_eol/scsi_host_mc/aha-1640/) I acquired it in the original antistatic bag, but I do not have an MCA system in which to test it, so the card is 'AS-IS'. $40 shipped USPS priority anywhere in the US.
  12. M

WTB: Vector Graphic Bitstreamer II

Looking for a Bitstreamer II card to round out my MZ. I am thinking of setting up a Telnet-bridged Vintage BBS to run on the machine. Andrew
  13. M

WTB: Vector Graphic Mindless Terminal

I know this a long shot, but if anyone has a Mindless Terminal available it would be a nice companion to my MZ System "B".
  14. M

Bringing Up a Vector Graphic MZ

I recently acquired a Vector Graphic MZ from a friend. The exterior is somewhat scraped up, but the inside is in excellent condition. It has 2 5.25" full height floppies, and 4 cards: -A ZCB Z80 SBC/CPU Card -A 64KB Dynamic RAM Card -A Micropolis Floppy Disk Controller -A Flashwriter II...
Back