• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Nan Tan / Bondwell / Clevo 7600 Pentium 75 laptop DRIVERS?

Hi guys, I'm in the process of restoring a Pentium 75 laptop, and want to know more about the specs and whether anyone has drivers available. I tried emailing clevo.com.tw, their response, check the website for drivers. It's not there. I can see it in the wayback machine, but the links are all...
  2. B

First Apple 2e in 20 years! Vertical bars on boot

Hi guys, So, I've finally got another Apple 2e! The PSU is dead but that's another issue. I've got a bench supply running it at the moment. What does it mean when booting gives these vertical lines? Any repair flowcharts available, etc? Or any common causes? Thanks in advance for any help!!
  3. B

Fundraiser for my work

So guys, here's my adventure for next year! I'll need to lose more weight and get a lot more fit before next October! I'll be trekking for 50 kilometres through the Himalayan foothills in North India as a fundraiser for Empower (where I work) to dig a well for an underprivileged community there...
  4. B

Need cable for Intel 386 upgrade board

Hi guys, I bought this off eBay But it didn't come with the special cable to go to the original 8088 socket! :( Does anyone have one spare? Or can anyone take some good photos of said cable so I can attempt to re-create it? Thanks in advance!
  5. B

WTB: Pentium 60 or 66 (socket 4) in motherboard

Hi guys, I'm on a quest to re-create all the old PC's I used when I was young! Does anyone have a motherboard with a Pentium 60 or 66 they can part with? Must be working. I am in Australia, so I understand postage may be costly, just want to know if anything's out there :) Thanks! Bobby.
  6. B

WANTED: Olivetti M24 or AT&T 6300 keyboard!

I'm in Australia so I understand postage will be expensive... but does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with? Thanks in advance!
  7. B

Wanted: Microsoft Bookshelf for DOS (Original Version)

Soft or Hard Copy would be great! I've added a SCSI external CDROM to my IBM AT and want to use it for something! Thanks in advance :)
  8. B

Possibly getting an M24 - keyboard options

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at getting an Olivetti M24 for pretty cheap... but it's box only! I know i can work around the monitor issue but what about the keyboard? Do I need a genuine one? Or are there other options? Thanks in advance!
  9. B

HDD Clock

Thought a few of you might be interested. I bought a clock assembly off eBay for $3 and cut a hole in the back of a dead HDD I had lying around.
  10. B

Mitac 286 with useful files

Hi guys, I picked up a cool 286 last week, a Mitac with an AST RAM card that has 4MB installed. It has the drivers installed and working - and I wanted to post the files in case anyone can use them. (Or modem7 wants to put them on his AWESOME web page!) When I got it, the CMOS battery was dead...
  11. B

Hard Rubbish Find

On the way to my sister's on Christmas day, I spotted an old AT clone on the hard rubbish outside someone's house. So, much to the dismay of the other half, I stopped and grabbed it. Turns out the motherboard was seriously corroded from a leaking battery, and the hard disk and floppy drive had...
  12. B

I fixed my ST225 with sticky tape!

This is a quick video showing my ST225 running with the head band sticky taped back on after snapping off. As stated in the video, I wouldn't ever recommend this. But hey, it worked! I won't be using it for anything, obviously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjBHwJfBYIE
  13. B

IBM 5140 on eBay

Not my ad, but if you're in NSW, Australia this looks cheap
  14. B

Wanted - 256k 8bit ISA memory board

Hi guys, I'm after (hopefully in AU, depending on postage cost!) an 8 bit ISA memory expansion board with 256k installed for my Tandy 1000. It currently has 384k and I want to get to 640k :) I'm making a games PC (already got the XTIDE installed with 1GB DOM) Thanks in advance! Bobby.
  15. B

(Very?) Early CGA Card on eBay

Not mine, but for those who are interested... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321748712619?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Black bracket and it's the 'early version'. I'd buy it but can't afford it.
  16. B

Tandy 1000 RAM Upgrade

Hi guys, I have an original Tandy 1000. It has 128k on board and 256k on an addin card that also contains a DMA chip. I believe this is a factory card, and brings the total to 384kb. What i want to know is, can I use a generic RAM card to get to the full 640k? Or does it have to be another...
  17. B

Xebec in 5150 issues

Hi guys, I'm after some advice - I have an ST-412 in my 5150 using some cheap aftermarket 'Longshine' MFM card - which works fine, but I'm after originality! So, I bought a Xebec MFM card for it (variation 1 shown here) Obviously the drive won't boot, as the low level format is different. It...
  18. B

A curiosity on eBay

For those that like the weird and wonderful... I found this ad on eBay (not my sale) It appears to be a 286 CPU on an XT-class board... Would this have been a real cheap way of saying you're selling a 286 back in the day? Obviously it would have been a disappointment when looking for addin...
  19. B

WANTED (Aus) IBM PS/2 Model 70

Hi guys, Anyone got an IBM PS/2 model 70 they are willing to sell? I'm in Australia so I can't afford postage from overseas. Prefer working condition. A model 50 with a 386 would also suit. Thanks! Bobby.
  20. B

Tandy 1000H Won't Boot! Weird error message

Hi guys, I've just bought my first Tandy, a 1000H. I knew it didn't work when I bought it, but I can't understand the error code it's displaying: This appears instantly when power is switched on. I've done a google search and all I found was info on beep codes - there are none on mine. Any...
Back