• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

How do I configure jumpers for JP5 - Mini-Micro-4

Thank you. I added some more information to make it as clear as possible.
  2. D

Can someone help me date my 5150?

The Bar Code definitively reads 0154998, probably not traceable to any useful info that can reveal a date. One of the pictures, the one with the empty case has a 'ComputerLand' sticker, looks like there is a date printed on topI , maybe that can give you a sense to date the PC. Also I found...
  3. D

How do I configure jumpers for JP5 - Mini-Micro-4

I was also confused about the TH99 instructions on the MiniMicro4 FD controller so I made the document again for my own records. Any mention in the document to Drives A, B, C D, is to flag how the drives are detected in my system. Not sure if that is the same for everyone. Maybe this is of use...
  4. D

Intel AboveBoard - Piggyback Fat Capacitor?

Just noticed that one of the capacitors (I think Tantalum) in the Daughter Board of the Intel Above Board looks rather larger than the others in the board. The fat one is the one located on top in the image. Has any one noticed the same; normal or is this a sign that isn’t going to pop anytime?
  5. D

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

….solved. Thanks to Harrison for his help and guidance. Problem was poor soldering in a couple of places. Fixed and Memory is now detected
  6. D

I see Thanks, any idea what it might see all the the RAM as Bad memory?
  7. D

Thanks for sharing, Can you let me know what do you mean by ‘Pimping’? I am willing to try anything that might work In my case the inboard program seems to detect the RAM, and runs through the diagnosis, but the retrieves all the RAM as Bad,… I find rather odd that all 8 memory modules are...
  8. D

Pics of the build and the memory modules
  9. D

Well ,..finished putting the board together, and I can’t see anything wrong with the assembly but getting 100% error on memory. No matter if I select the 2mb or 4 mb jumper option (see pics attached) looks like all memory is diagnosed with issues. Could it really be that all memory modules are...
  10. D

Perfect, Thanks… I meditate for a month trying to gather the focus to drill a hole in this beauty
  11. D

IBM XT 5160 - Molex Power Cables 4 pin - Anyone know the exact part numbers/size and Crimping tool?

That is perfect! Thanks for clarifying, I will go for it!. I do not realy eed a Ferrari like tool for this, a Fiat Punto will more that do the job and keep my pocket happy.
  12. D

IBM XT 5160 - Molex Power Cables 4 pin - Anyone know the exact part numbers/size and Crimping tool?

Th Thanks Chuck(G), really helpful. I do not see explicitly mentioned that this tool is compatible with the 4 Pin Molex connector parts 60617, 60618, 60619, and 60620, but I guess these should be also covered to as per the type of crimp and the wire sizing (AWG 18-24)? Just want to make sure I...
  13. D

Thank you All, this input and views are extremely useful!. I am clear on the cables sizes now and why there are different size numbers for the Make and Female pins. What about the crimping tools; does anyone uses any other models for this job than the ones Jafir kindly shared above (91504 and...
  14. D

I see, Thanks!. I looked at the Molex cable and noticed that the Grounds cables (Black) are thinner than the 5V (Red) and 12V (Yellow),...so I guess I need both tools?
  15. D

Thanks, that is actually my first question; but which is the right size? https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-91512-1.html - is for 60618 (Male) and 60617 (Female) for AWG size 24~18 (AWG 18 / AWG 20-24 crimp tool) https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-91504-1.html - is for 60620 (Male) and 60620...
  16. D

BTW, my point is that I want to build the cables to the rights seize and shape by crimping the connectors/parts, all in a clean build in one piece,... not cutting and soldering.
  17. D

Looking to make my own Male and Female Molex power cables, I found that there are few sizes. There are the part numbers: - 60618 (Male) and 60617 (Female) for AWG size 24~18 - 60620 (Male) and 60620 Female) for AWG size 20~14 ...Though not sure what the differences are (size?, diameter?) but...
  18. D

ISA to USB - Are these anywhere to be found?

Looking at old post and making updates. The card never arrived, Seller in Taobao asked me to pay extra for shipping where I live, and again pay gain for a Cd with drivers… then he claimed that could not be sent out because of export restrictions and never replied again any of my messages…...
  19. D

What about drilling a hole with a dremel on the lower end of the card to match the bottom hole of the inboard and place a small space between then. Given the size of both cards. Would these align well?..
  20. D

Any suggestions on where to get the 1MB 30Pin 9Chip Parity 80ns memory modules?.... I find spares in ebay in groups of 2 or 4 mostly but not get 8 SIMMS in one go, and if I would ever get to collect all 8 overtime they would not be same maker/type. BTW,...do all 8 simms need to be matched to...
Back