• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Intel AboveBoard - Piggyback Fat Capacitor?

Just noticed that one of the capacitors (I think Tantalum) in the Daughter Board of the Intel Above Board looks rather larger than the others in the board. The fat one is the one located on top in the image. Has any one noticed the same; normal or is this a sign that isn’t going to pop anytime?
  2. D

IBM XT 5160 - Molex Power Cables 4 pin - Anyone know the exact part numbers/size and Crimping tool?

Looking to make my own Male and Female Molex power cables, I found that there are few sizes. There are the part numbers: - 60618 (Male) and 60617 (Female) for AWG size 24~18 - 60620 (Male) and 60620 Female) for AWG size 20~14 ...Though not sure what the differences are (size?, diameter?) but...
  3. D

IBM 5160 XT - C58 capacitor (10uF 16V) is dead; Can it be replaced with a 10uF 50V?

This weekend my IBM 5160 XT would not boot up. I thought it was an issue with the PSU but following steps in the 'Minimum Diagnostic Configuration' guide from Minuzerodegrees (here), turns out that the infamous Tantalum capacitor C58 had died quietly, no blow ups, smoke or no burn marks...
  4. D

AT2XT adapter - Where are these to be found?

I have been looking for one of this now for quite a while. Anyone knows where to buy the kits, willing to build one or is willing to part with theirs I will reapply appreciate to contact me
  5. D

ISA to USB - Are these anywhere to be found?

I have been looking for an ISA to USB 8bit card for my IBM XT (see picture below). At some point these cards seemed to be around and Lo-Tech had stock (out of stock since I don't know when). Now the only places I found that these cards seemed to be heavily commented and reviewed are on some...
  6. D

REAL TIME CLOCK -RCT Centurión 2000 -Micro 2000

Looking for the drivers of an old REAL TIME CLOCK from te late 90's called CENTUION 2000, made by Micro 2000 Inc. This is an 8bit ISA card has a DALLAS chip and is aimed to fix the Y2K date issue. If I get hold of the drivers I would like to install it in an original IBM XT (with no CMOS...
  7. D

WANTED: Sound Blaster Pro 2 CT-1600

Looking for a Sound Blaster PRO 2 CT-1600 for my DOS machine. Any one has one and willing to part from it or where to get one?
  8. D

EPSON LQ-100 manual (Dot Matrix PRINTER)

Hi Does anyone have an original manual or know where to find the PDF-manual for the EPSON LQ-100?. I found the German version but looking for the English or Spanish one...
  9. D

Voodoo5 5500 - Image issues - Desert heat waves!

During boot and in DOS the image of my Voodoo5 5500 (AGP) doesn't seem right. All text is distorted and becomes shaky and blurry,...as if it wad steam like heat waves (Video links below). looks exactly as if you were looking at the distance in the desert and you see the heat distorting the view...
  10. D

WANTED: EPSON LQ100 dot matrix printer

I am looking for an EPSON LQ100 dot matrix printer, in good condition, either model LQ-100+, ESC, etc.. Ideally 100V power supply rather than the European 220V type,...though depending on the condition I am also willing to consider. Anyone interested to part with theirs please let me know...
  11. D

Windows 98 in a Microdrive?

Wondering if it is possible to run Windows 98 in from a Microdrive (i.e.: Hitachi 6gb). I think this drive's spin at 3600 RPM; Would that be too slow for Win98 and running MSOffice apps (excel, etc...). I know that the standard back then were the 5400RPM and 7200RPM,....yet wondering of a...
  12. D

looking for a particulat AT computer case

Looking for this case, now for quite a long time so wondering if anyone knows of anyone who knows of anyone willing to part with their
  13. D

Any Vintage computer aficionados in JAPAN (Tokyo)?

It is a long shot crossing to the other side of the world over the network to ask this question,... Anyone from Japan reading this?.... Helloooo!!!! :)
  14. D

Two vintage monitors (Mono and VGA) connected to the same video card.

Wondering if it is possible to have two monitors, one Mono (IBM 5151) and one VGA (PS/2) connected to the same Video Card (ATI Wonder XL24) and make them work depending on which one is switched on on boot. The ATI Wonder XL24 Video card has a dual port, one for Mono and one for VGA, but they...
  15. D

"invalid response from real time clock" (DALLAS DS1216E)

I have recently installed a SmartWatch clock in the IBM XT, however I am not able to make it work whether I set the DS1216E chip in the U18 or U19 sockets. I have tried the following software packages * Brutman's software (http://www.brutman.com/PCjr/DS1216E.html) >Run TESTCLK.EXE and CLOCK.EXE...
  16. D

Floppy disk emulator : (Price question aside) .....GOTEX or Lotharek's?

Planning to get a floppy emulator by Xmas, and having some issues deciding whether to go for the GOTEX or Lotharek's. The GOTEX is definitively cheaper but seems like Lotharex's is capable to manage more disk image formats (3.5'" and 5.25") and more capacities (360K, 720K, 1.2mb, and 1,44mb)...
  17. D

What's the max than an IBM XT case can take - IBM XTeroids upgrade?

Recently started pondering what to do with one of my XT units that it currently in storage :confused: ...and I am entertaining the thought of looking at emptying it up and place inside whatever is the most that it can handle within the 130Watts limit, ...the most powerful Mother board possible...
  18. D

Orchid Tiny Turbo 286 - Badly bent and twisted pins (FIX)

I got a Orchid Tiny Turbo 286, dead cheap considering the prices these go by lately but with the 40 Pin connector pretty banged up. I have an Intel Inboard 386 and I always wanted to get the little Tiny 286 Orchid brother :) I use a couple of tweezers to straighten the pins up carefully...
  19. D

Future Domain TMC-885 - floppy Booting issues.

So few week back I got a Future Domain TMC-885 card. it has an 16 bit interface but it is 8 bit compatible. I have it installed in the IBM 5160 XT machine and the system detects the card's BIOS and tries to boot from it,...it is from here that I am running into few issues (I added some pictures...
  20. D

Password Protected Booting - JDR Microsolutions GateKeeper - RESET PASSWORD!

Few weeks ago I came across a JDR Microdevices GateKeeper card (8bit ISA). This cards allows you to set a booting password right after the RAM checksum. The problem that I have is that after installing the card right at the time when I was setting my security password my computer froze...
Back