• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. leegleason

Need a VT220 fuse holder

I need a new fuse holder for a VT220. It's the kind with an inline carrier that holds the fuse and screws into the fuse holder body. Anyone know of a source for this sort of holder? Or the real name of this type so I can search for one?
  2. leegleason

Bypass capacitor for an M7551 board

I have an M7551 memory card that has a bad chip on it. The bypass cap next to it is alsp a casualty, got melted during desoldering the chip (my first time using a Hakko FR-301 - great tool, but it was a little wider than I thought and touched the cap). The markings on the cap ar R5E, 474Z, 433...
  3. leegleason

Low +5V in a BA23

I have a MicroVAX i in a BA23 that interminttently hangs, halts, or machine checks, with a variety of messages. I've changed all the cards, no change. I noticed that the +5V in it is only 4.25 volts. Is that low enough to cause problems? And if so, is the power supply voltage adjustable?
  4. leegleason

PRO RX50 controller firmware

Has anyone copied the firmware out of the 8051 on the PRO RX50 controller? I'd like to have a look at it and see how hard it would be to add format capability.
  5. leegleason

Looking for a DEC PRO vertical stand

I need to make more room on the desk. I'd like to move my PRO380 to a vertical floor stand. Anyone have an old one cluttering up the place? It was part #PCXXF-AA .
  6. leegleason

Adding a DLV11J to an 11/73

I have an 11/73 that I need to add a DLV11J to . I usually use SYSGEN CONFIGURE on a VAX to figure out what addresses and vectors to use for hardware changes. DLV11J (or any variant) doesn't seem to be a device I can specify in CONFIGURE. I tried speccing it as 4 separate single unit DL11s, but...
  7. leegleason

DEC PRO380/VAX Console real time interface.

I have a PRO380 that was formerly a VAX Console system. It has the Real Time Interface installed in slot 5, along with the cable gizmo that goes out the top of the card cage, over and down, and connects to a "block" DB style connector, that is somehow attached to the cabinet of the system. I...
  8. leegleason

AIM-65 PL/65

I have an interest in programming in PL/65 on my AIM65. I have the rom images, so I can make PL/65 roms. The PL/65 manual available online seems to be for a 65/40 with a disk. Does anyone have any instructions for programming PL/65 on a plain AIM-65?
  9. leegleason

DEC Professional CTI Softcards

Recently I bought a couple of interesting prototype-looking CTI cards on Ebay. One has a MicroVAX II chipset and some memory on it, and is labelled "MicroVAX Softcard". The other one has an 8086 CPU and some memory, and is labelled "8086SC" - I'm guessing the SC stands for "Soft Card". I plan to...
  10. leegleason

RQDX3 hangs during a write

I'm working on a program on an 11/73, that reads and writes an RD53, using an RQDX3 controller. This program runs without an OS - just code in memory. It works pretty well, but every 300,00 to 400,000 writes, it hangs up - never writes the response packet for the write command. The disk formats...
  11. leegleason

DEC pictorgram - right pointing arrow going into circle

I was looking at some distribution panels today. Things are often identified by pictograms on these - a big oval for a monitor, a stylized mouse or keyboard for a mouse or keyboard, and like that I noticed one that I didn't recognize. It's a right pointing arrow going into a circle. Anyone know...
  12. leegleason

RD32 usable blocks puzzle

I've been working on writing VAX code that accesses RDX3s and drives directly, without a driver. It's been going pretty well. There's a great reference docco, http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/dsa/mscp/Mass_Storage_Control_Protocol_Ver_2.4.0_Jun92.txt if anyone else needs to work at this level...
  13. leegleason

M7551-CA memory size - anyone else ever notice this?

I'm putting together some systems from spare parts here. I loaded a BA23 with an 11/73 processor, and an M7551-CA memory card, along with some other assorted options. Loaded RSX11M+. It indicated that there was only 1 MB of memory. 11/73 startup menu Map function also says, 1 MB present. Online...
  14. leegleason

RQDX3 - format disk on PDP-11, use on MicroVAX?

I'm experimenting with old disks here. I have a Micro-11/73 with an RQDX3 that I used to format an RD32, no problems, no errors. I copied XXDP to it, just so there would be some data on the disk. I ran XXDP from the RD32 for a while, to make sure it was working OK on the 11/73 system. I then...
  15. leegleason

Looking for VWS software

I'm putting together a VAXstation 1 system here,. I'd like to run VWS on it (VAX Workstation Software, the windowing system that came before DECwindows). Does anyone have a copy of VWS that would run on VMS 4.7? Failing that, anyone know the DEC tape part number for that, to make it easier to...
  16. leegleason

Clearpoint MV2RAM card - Q22 compatible?

I recently found a Clearpoint memory card, quad sized. It is labeled "MV2RAM". Anyone familiar with this card? The label suggests it is MicroVAX II memory. I was wondering if I could use it in a BA23 with a PDP-11/73. Any ideas?
  17. leegleason

Gesswein MF emulator on an 11/73 with RQDX3

I recently got one of the David Gesswein MFM emulators to use on an 11/73 with an RQDX3, in a BA23. Aside from being reluctant to enable its ethernet port, it seems to work fine, when I manually start the emulation program. I'm having trouble getting it to automatically start emulation at power...
  18. leegleason

Looking for RQDX3 programming examples

I am working on writing a minimal monitor for the MicroVAX1. I need to add the capability for it to read and write disks and diskettes connected by an RQDX3. I've found the couple or three DEC documents related to RQDX3s and MSCP, that are available online and have located the sources for...
  19. leegleason

BA23 Loud fans

I've been using a couple of BA23 systems deskside lately. The fans are a bit louder than my liking. I was wondering if anyone has researched replacing them with modern quiet PC case fans.
  20. leegleason

RT11 V4 on 11/2 halts at 1002 at boot time

I've been playing around with some old QBUS parts here, with an eye to assembling a small desktop system. I loaded a KD11-HA (LSI-11/2) and an M8047-CA (MXV11-AC) into a BA-11VA (4 slot "leprechaun box"). Using a TU58 emulator, this will successfully boot any of the several XXDP TU58 images I...
Back