• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. JonB

Very early VP-Planner software on floppy

Hi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperback_Software_International I found a very early copy of VP-Planner in my collection. It's a BETA version dated 1989. Given its importance as a historical artefact (per the Wikipedia page), does anyone want it? Still works. Cheers JonB
  2. JonB

Boot time floppy initialisation required if booting from HDD?

So.. hello all, I return with another odd question. There's a weird thing going on with my Superbrain when booting from uIDE. Drive A: occasionally spins up (I have implemented the motor control mod) and doesn't stop until a disk is inserted and the door closed. I put it down to a glitch of...
  3. JonB

Help with Elston DM30-09BO VDU board

Hi I'm trying to repair a monochrome video board from a Kaypro 16, made by Elston. It's a DM30-09BO. It was working for a short while, then yesterday a resistor started smoking and it died. @ldkraemer was kind enough to send a schematic which I reproduce below. The smoked resistor is the 12R...
  4. JonB

CP/M computers with built in 6" CRTs

I'm hunting for a schematic for an Elston DM30-09BO CRT board. It occurred to me that there were computers other than the Kaypro 16 that this board belongs to that incorporated 9" CRTs. Northstar Horizon for example. Maybe they have technmical manuals that include schematics? What computers do...
  5. JonB

Kaypro 16/2 Phoenix BIOS v1.07 boot errors

Hi I have this Kaypro 16 that I rescued and it's showing some boot errors: "AA Keyboard bad" (odd, because the keyboard works fine), then "Mem Par NMI Int, CS:IP = F000:FEECh". Sometimes on a reset it complains about bad RAM, but this is intermittent. Occasionally there is a RAM check that...
  6. JonB

Teletec FDC-1 playing up, seemingly

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS POST I asked a question but sorted it myself...
  7. JonB

Teraterm help (7 / 8 bit characters sent from my Teletec)

Hi I'm using Teraterm to connect to a Teletec FDC1 S100 card. The FDC-1 is sending 8 bit characters of sorts. Most come out fine but occasionally I get a unicode character and this prevents me reading text files. How can I tell Teraterm to treat the incoming text as 7 bit characters? Bit more...
  8. JonB

Selling my Model 4P (UK)

Hi I've decided to sell my Model 4P and it is on eBay here: Rare UK Tandy TRS-80 Model 4P Let me know if you are interested. I also have a 128k M4 to sell... here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384475683578 Cheers JonB
  9. JonB

4032 PET with memory problems

Hi VCFEDders My Fat 40 PET is poorly (again!). I think it is memory - showing 15444 bytes free, so I guess the upper RAM is flaky. Is there a memory tester that plugs into UD11 like Dave M's pettester2 ROM? It's found here...
  10. JonB

Intertec Superbrain I QD for sale (UK)

Hi I have here a Superbrain (original version) with QD spec floppies. 64K RAM, runs CP/M. This machine is fitted with a uIDE with boot ROM, this is a sold state hard disk system designed by me and documented in full here...
  11. JonB

Sharp MZ-80A for sale (UK)

Hi I have a Sharp MZ80A for sale. It's in very good condition, supplied with a BASIC tape and plastic cover that seems to have protected it well. All working. Looking for £275, buyer to collect from West Sussex (UK). Cheers JonB
  12. JonB

Exidy Sorcerer for sale, boxed (UK)

Hi I have an Exidy Sorcerer for sale in the UK. It's got an internal memory upgrade (to 64k I think) and an external FDM 180 floppy drive unit (not working). The Sorcerer works fine and is in excellent condition, supplied with the BASIC cartridge and all manuals / other accessories in the...
  13. JonB

Commodore PET 4032 for sale (UK)

Hi I have a Commodore CBM PET 4032 "fat 40" for sale. It's been configured for 80 columns and has been fully refurbished with a replacement screen, properly cleaned (including the keyboard) and the steel chassis was resprayed. It looks pristine. Looking for £350, buyer to collect from West...
  14. JonB

Tandy TRS-80 Model 4P for sale (UK)

Hi I have a Tandy TRS-80 Model 4P for sale, 128k version in great condition apart fom some yellowing to the external case. Interior (screen bezel, keyboard, drives) is pristine. It's been fitted with a quiet fan. It's a very clean unit and will be supplied with various boot disks - TRSDOS 1.3...
  15. JonB

TRS-80 Model IV 128 for sale (UK South Coast)

Hi I have a Tandy TRS-80 Model IV for sale, a 128k non gate array version in great condition. I recently refurbished the keyboard and floppy drives. It's a clean unit and will be supplied with various boot disks - TRSDOS 1.3, LDOS (not sure the version) and Lifeboat CP/M. Looking for £300...
  16. JonB

RTS80 Model IV disk problems

Hi A couple of days ago I pulled my Model IV out to fix the keyboard. Some 40% of them had stopped responding - I wasn't even able to type DIR in MM CP/M. So the usual effort of desoldering, removal, disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, refitting ensued. I cleaned the conductive rubber nipples...
  17. JonB

Floppy disk drive alignment disks

Quick question about the elusive 5.25 FDD alignment disk. Given we are using it to provide a specific pattern in the disk's magnetic flux, and reading that on a scope without interpreting data (other than to achieve the desired "cat's eye" pattern), is it possible a 96tpi alignment disk would...
  18. JonB

Need a TM100-2A FDD

Hi Quick request. I've come to a full stop with the TM100s on my SB II. Neither of them are working well. Undoubtedly they are misaligned so I am looking for a spare. Has anyone got one? Preferably in the UK. Thanks JonB
  19. JonB

Tandon TM-100-2 drive problems

Hello I have here a Superbrain and Superbrain II. Also, three different Tandon TM-100-2 FDDs configured as drive B: I cannot get any of them to format a disk (the Intertec FORMAT.COM only formats on B:, presumably to prevent a dumb user from wiping a system disk). They're all exhibiting the...
  20. JonB

Model II boot rom disassemby?

Hi all I am looking for MII boot rom disassemblies, are there any out there? Obviously I will search but thought to ask the experts here as well! I have an early Model II if that helps. Looking to implement a boot from IDE feature for the Lotech / Hans01 setup. Need 87 bytes to implement plus...
Back