• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

AT&T PC 6300 Customer Diagnostic Disk image format??

I've tried writing both the DOS 3.2 and 3.3 versions of this diagnostic disk using the images available at the PC 6300 Shrine and on http://olivettim24.hadesnet.org/download.html without success. All the other system disk images on these sites are no problem, but for some reason the Diagnostic...
  2. D

AT&T PC 6300/M24 monitor voltage issue?

So I recently purchased a pretty clean PC 6300 and matching CRT 313/H monochrome monitor. The motherboard had some slight battery damage but I've got quite a bit of experience dealing with that thanks to a number of Amiga repairs I've done. I mitigated the leak with some mild acid (Tarn-X is...
  3. D

WTB: Ensoniq Soundscape ISA Sound Card

Greetings! I'm looking for an Ensoniq Soundscape Elite or S-2000. If anyone has one they're willing to part with, please reply or PM and let me know how much you're looking to get for it! I'm in the US but happy to pay shipping from anywhere. Thanks!!
  4. D

Successful Miniscribe 3212 repair

In case anyone runs into a similar problem, below is a quick recap of a recent repair I just completed. For reasons of pure nostalgia I've been looking for a clean Miniscribe 3212 5-1/4 HH 10-meg hard drive to use in my XT clone, and couple weeks ago a very nice looking one popped up on eBay...
  5. D

Adaptec ACB-2002A BIOS and FIRMWARE EPROM dump?

Does anyone have access to an ACB-2002A 8-bit MFM controller they could dump the ROMS from for me? I want to to salvage one that's missing the EPROMS and would like to use the original Adaptec code. Regards!! Dieter
  6. D

FS (eBay): AMD 5x86-133 on M912 VLB motherboard

I'm selling one of my 486 motherboards. I figured I'd throw it up on eBay, if anyone is interested please check it out and bid! http://www.ebay.com/itm/221023461948 If a member from this forum wins, I'll throw in an "It's ST" Cyrix 486DX4-100 CPU to go with it. Cheers!
  7. D

WTB (USA): VLB VGA Board

Greetings! I am looking for a VLB (VESA Local Bus) VGA board to use with my 486 motherboard. I need one with at least 1 meg of video memory on it so that it will support 640x480x256. If anybody has one they are willing to sell or trade, let me know! Thanks!!
  8. D

BIOTEQ AM386DX 40MHz motherboard woes

I've had this motherboard for years and it worked perfectly when I got it. Unfortunately I never got around to building a system with it until trying this week, but to my disappointment it's now dead as a door-nail. It's one of those neat little boards about the size of a CD-ROM drive, with 6...
  9. D

Best place to start when building S-100?

If one were to start building a new S-100 based computer, where would the best place to start be? I've been toying around with the idea for years. I assume power supply, chassis, and backplane/motherboard are the obvious first components, followed by CPU and I/O boards. I see there appear to...
  10. D

WANTED: (US) Adaptec ACB-2002 8-bit MFM controller

I'm looking an Adaptec ACB-2002 (not ACB-2002a) controller. The chips go horizontal on the older 2002 and vertical on the 2002a. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with please let me know! I can pay via PayPal or money order. For reference here is an ACB-2002 which is what I'm...
  11. D

Miniscribe 3650 video

I figure some folks on here may get a kick out of this. I made a short video of my Miniscribe 3650 MFM hard drive during a random access test. These drives make such a unique sound, I figured I'd capture it on video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6dlCD8agRQ Enjoy!
  12. D

WTB - USA: Miniscribe 3012 10mb HH MFM HDD

Subject says it all. I'm looking for this EXACT model. If anyone has one in nice working condition that they would like to part with please let me know! I can pay via PayPal or Money order, or even trade for some SCSI hard drives like 146 gig Ultra 160 10K Seagates or 15K 36 Gig drives...
  13. D

WANTED: USA - Adaptec ACB-2002A 8-BIT MFM controller

Subject says it all! Thanks!
  14. D

Seagate ST-4038

I know this is a long shot, but I have an ST-4038 here that I adopted some time ago. It was apparently handled rough and had a few components mangled and one busted off. Mostly just caps and one choke which were easily replaced, but the tricky one is actually completely missing. It's an...
  15. D

Is a "nice" 5150 be worth $50?

When I found my 5170 at the flea market "electronics surplus" shop a few weeks ago, I asked the owner if he had any decent looking 5150s. He was sure he did in his "warehouse" and told me to leave my email address. This morning I got a message from him saying: So I'm heading out there...
  16. D

WANTED: PC/XT black drive filler pannels

I've got a pair of 5160 with half height hard drives in them so there is a big hole above the drives. I remember back in the day we had black filler panels that would snap into place over the hole and look nice. They're similar to the kind for any other case, but they had 4 fingers (one on...
  17. D

WANTED (US) IBM 5150 case

I've got a motherboard for a 5150 but no case or power supply. I have a local fellow looking for one so I MAY not need it, but I figured I'd post to see if any are available. Decent condition would be preferred, but anything without severe rust or damage would work.
  18. D

WANTED (US) Amber monochrome monitor

I'm looking for a monochrome monitor to use on an XT (8088 ) clone with an Amber CRT. So a DB9 pin TTL interface is required. No screen burn and a decent chassis is preferred. A 12"-14" screen is also a plus. I recently purchased a brand new 14" monochrome on ebay that was supposed to be...
  19. D

The Flea Market 5170 - All fixed up and looking good!

I spent a good amount of time getting this thing fixed up and working as it should. The original 20meg Rodime seems to have media damage I assume to be from not being parked and banged around. So it's been retired until I get a chance to do a fresh low level format and Spinrite treatment to...
  20. D

Just picked up an IBM 5170 -- but it's DOA

I stopped by our local Flea/Farmers Market this evening and managed to snag a beat-up looking 5170 8MHz(!) for $25. It has a nice 8-bit VGA adapter (I'll be moving this into one of my XTs), a 5.25 FH Rodime R0202E hard drive, 2x 360K floppy, some kind of Intel RAM board, 14.4 modem, 16-bit WD...
Back