• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

Free-optics vs wireless vs fiber burial.

Over for over a decade i've had lightning strikes damage equipment with buried cat5, and I've gone through two damaged fiber optic cables that was in conduit. --There's got to be a better way. I don't know the true performance of 100MB fast ethernet free-space optics which will cost me over...
  2. L

Oversized 4k monitor options, any cons for the overly enormous?

I'm taking my beloved 32" (2560x1440) to my office. I thought of moving up larger since my home pc will now need a monitor, but found 55" TVS with very similar specs for the same price.. 4K 60HZ 4:4:4 even the latency and blur are equivalent. I don't game, but I do tend to like not having to...
  3. L

WTB: Sony CDB-241 CD-ROM Interface ISA Card

. WTB: Sony CDB-241 CD-ROM Interface ISA Card I know of some on eBay for $25 after shipping. Do you have one? Thank you! Here's a picture of what I'm looking for: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32691&d=1471694973
  4. L

Does anyone have this 90's Mini Tower AT case?

. Does anyone have this 90's Mini Tower AT case? --thanks
  5. L

Modded CGA card. Seller unaware of what the added switch does.

. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODDED-VINTAGE-IBM-1501453-COLOR-GRAPHICS-MONITOR-CARD-ADAPTER-CGA-/291791535168?hash=item43f0217c40:g:0R8AAOSwr7ZW4JgC Modded CGA card. Seller unaware of what the added switch does. What say you?
  6. L

WTB Sony 1x Caddy CD-ROM drive for Sony Interface card (MN: CDU-xxx)

WTB Sony CDU-535 or CDU6250 CD-ROM Drive (Caddy) for 8-bit Sony Interface Card These would be from 1992-1993 or earlier. 1X single speed, these drives use the 40-pin connection for 8-bit ISA Sony Interface Card. Interested with or without a Sony 8-bit ISA Interface card. -- NOT 50pin SCSI, NOT...
  7. L

Free Energizer AAAA batteries (Quadruple-A batteries)

Free Energizer AAAA batteries (Quadruple-A batteries). These new batteries have been on my shelf for 1 year. I'm sure they are good and strong. There are qty 6 -- I'll pay for shipping. PM me.
  8. L

I got a cool B&W TV. Looking for [B&W only] computer.

I found a cool 1977 b&w tv. But all my micro computers support color. What models of 1970s (or 1980s) computers do not have a built-in display, but only support black & white output?
  9. L

bettablue/Thomas - anyone in touch with him?

A couple other members and I have been out of touch with Thomas, bettablue, for a couple of months. Perhaps anyone that lives nearby his new home in Eugene, Oregon keeps in touch with him? If you know his status, can you please PM me?
  10. L

what language or scripting does this code snippet BEST represent?

i'm not a programmer what language or scripting does this code snippet BEST represent? [ATTACHED PIC REMOVED] thank you.
  11. L

Phasing out stuff

Walden book store occasionally had games that were $5. They were challenging and exciting. Our little smallville ComputerLand was boring.. i remember it being pretty office-centric, but Radio Shack was exciting. Talking to sales clerks that obviously knew less about technology than me, a 16yo...
  12. L

searching for PC Magazine JULY 24, 1984 (VOLUME 3, NUMBER 14)

. in search of PC Magazine VOLUME 3, NUMBER 14 JULY 24, 1984 i know i can see it for free at google books, but i would appreciate a hard copy. i see it for sale on ebay for $26 after shipping. -- i'm hoping one of you will have a more reasonable price. --thanks.
  13. L

Strange brew

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. here are a couple of sites that seems to do this a lot. -- and the brightness/contrast knobs on that dumb terminal.. i'm not an expert on ibm terminals, though. http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/old-ibm-monitor-3d-c4d/730102...
  14. L

on my 8088 i got MS Network Client 3.0 & TCPIP to work

i had the flu.. so i did something fun. Microsoft Network Client 3.0 with TCPIP complained about not having an 80286.. i worked around that. Then once i got around the 286 complaints, net.exe would hang.. i worked around that, too. Then I made client 3.0 & tcpip bootable from floppies on my IBM...
  15. L

a little challenge, i hope you can help with a Miniscribe 3085 (85MB) in a 5170 Type1

a little challenge, i hope you can help with a Miniscribe 3085 (3085003-229) 85MB in a 5170 Type1 so I have this 5170 loaded down with the previous owner's stuff since 1985. i used gsetup to configure the HD as type 12.. I could read everything. Office30 booted, Lotus 1-2-3 booted.. no errors...
  16. L

5162 serial port, 9600bps, interlink -- use xcopy with /v?

5162 serial port, 9600bps, interlink -- use xcopy with /v? I just started >3hr xcopy transfer of >14MB (I had no more hard drive space to zip the files before transferring). I'm xferring nearly 1,000 files and did not want to have the overhead of verifying file transfers.. I have not xcopied...
  17. L

can you ID this cable?

Found at goodwill.. it's been looking at me for weeks. 5ft long
  18. L

Wanted: BIOS for IBM PC AT 5170 - rev 3/type 3 11/15/85 & maybe Chip U126

. Wanted BIOS for IBM PC AT 5170 - rev 3/type 3 ------------------------- 11/15/85 ------------------------- ● ROM U27 = 32K chip ● ROM U47 = 32K chip KNOWN ROM SETS = U27=61X9266/U47=61X9265 (EPROM) or U27=62X0820/U47=62X0821 (PROM) ● Chip U126 -- If you can, I'd also like to please have Chip...
  19. L

Atari 400: Stock psu is 3A... is 1A psu ok?

I got an Atari 400 without a power brick. I'll pay an arm and a leg after shipping, but I found a 1A brick.. I know stock is 3A and I've read another guy using 2.5A.. If I recall from previous experiences, an under powered brick (amperage) will damage the device it's trying to power..
  20. L

Wanted: 9V 3A AC Adapter or an actual Power Supply for Atari 400

Wanted: 9V 3A AC Adapter or an actual Power Supply for Atari 400 thank you
Back