• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Painting TRS-80 Model 4/4P Cases

Hi Jay, I did indeed repaint my M4P in the color white. You've seen the picture of that. Indeed, it still looks perfect after 5 years. I recently decided to spray paint another M4P, but now in the color Tandy silver. This requires some good preparation, but even now the result is very good...
  2. H

XENIX booting on a F48

XENIX booting on an F48 (The red freHD for the Big Tandy's) I managed to make a bootable version of XENIX that runs on an F48. The hardware and software details are: Model II type 16; 16b and 6000 68000 sub system with at least 256K RAM Type 2 hard disk controller F48 hard disk emulator XENIX...
  3. H

TRS-80 Model 200 power supply

@dustym. This is the part of the schematic with the power connector.
  4. H

SUN donor keyboards to repair the Big Tandy keyboards.

I have just bought a small batch of used SUN type 4 keyboards. This is the version that uses the same technology as the Model 2, 12, 16 and 6000 keyboards. They are easy to disassemble and deliver more than a hundred complete sets of a bottom disk, a foam layer and a mylar disk. You can mount...
  5. H

Unpopulated headers on TRS-80 Model II Revised Floppy Disk Controller.

The unpopulated connectors are made for 2 internal 5.25 and 8 inch drives. You can restore them with 34 pin and 50 pin pinheaders. These functions are jumper selected. In the basic configuration the flatcable connector is set for external drives (jumper selectable) You need special drivers for...
  6. H

Model II boot error RS next steps

Some things to try. Remove the reset cable from J2 on the CPU-board and turn the power on. What happens, Does the screen clear, What is on the screen, Is the floppy led on, is there a keyboard led on. Next to check the big chips on the CPU board. Try to swap the CPU (Z80) and CTC chip. What...
  7. H

Some service notes for Model II/16 computers

If you use the Super Extender for the Model II or 16 made by Ian, please pay attention to this problem. The extender is too wide and can't be locked by the mounting bar. If you working on the PCB in the extender it will slowly moves out of the system bus and creating a short circuit on several...
  8. H

Big Tandy keyboard refoaming

What are the possibilities to refoam a keyboard of a Big Tandy. Unfortunately, it is very common that such a keyboard does not work properly or not at all. Usually the degeneration of the foam in the keys is the cause of the problem. There are 3 ways to solve this problem. 1) The most expensive...
  9. H

Please help

Request to owners of a Model 12, 16 or 6000 in Europe with a heavy power supply inside. The model of the power supply is: Astec AA11082. Can you check how the option for 220 volts is selected. For this there is a jumper block on the edge of the power supply with 3 pins. The options can be no...
  10. H

HxC adapter and TRSDOSII

I sometimes use the HxC SD adapter to setup a VHD. I have a Model II with a VHD and I want to read a disk with TRSDOSII software on it from an image on the HxC, I can see that the disk is found and opened, but there are never files found on the disk. Using TRSDOS2.0 there are no problems. If I...
  11. H

Painting TRS-80 Model 4/4P Cases

Here is the picture of my Model 4p, 5 years later:
  12. H

New release of TRS80GP

@Peter & George Phillips. After playing with your release 2.0.4 of your trs80gp, I'am very pleased with results. Adding an emulator for the big Tandy family is a great improvement. This is the first really working Model II emulator that is available for the big Tandy family. I can use it to...
  13. H

Using TRSDOSII images with the HxC emulator

I have problems reading HxC images from TRSDOS-II (TRSDOS 4.x) disks with the USB Gotek emulator. As far as I can see is the number of sectors/track the problem. Does anyone know or has this problem ?
  14. H

Some progress for FreHD on model 2

The first working FreHD2. We all worked together to achieve this result. Pascal did a great job on the hardware, Fred did a perfect job on writing and debugging the new firmware for the FreHD2 and I did the testing of the hardware, software and the final result. Fred has made it possible to...
  15. H

Seen on Ebay

There is a doubler for Model 1 on Ebay which I have never seen before. https://www.ebay.nl/itm/DOUBLE-DENSITY-CARD-FUR-EXPANSIONS-INTERFACE-TRS-80-MODEL-1/253660473724?hash=item3b0f57a97c:g:Y7sAAOSw5cNYSD4x Take a look at the printing on the PCB: 5/8 Zoll (5 / 8 Inch) The printing on the PCB...
  16. H

Big Tandy's and HxC Floppy Emulator

@JonB Just bring the drive selection outside the computer. I use a part of a Shugart SA800 drive PCB as example Take a 5 position slider or rotating switch and connect it according the picture. You can disable the drive or let the drive act as drive DS0, DS1, DS2 or DS3
  17. H

Perfect device to modify 8" disks

Found at the Banggood store. A perfect tool to modify 8 inch diskettes to make them single sided from double sided or visa versa. Just punch a new index hole at the right position on both sides of the jacket and cover the unused hole with a black sticker. I use thermal stickers which have been...
  18. H

HxC and Model II/16

@Alphasite I think you are using a 'Late Design' Floppydisk Controller, item number: 8709198 in your Model II In that case you have to rewire the flat cables. At first you have to open the holes on the PCB for the 50 pin header, just below the 50 finger edge connector. You have to solder a 50...
  19. H

Oh FreHd, how thou hath thwarted me!

@Kevin. I tried swapping parts around on one of the good and bad ones, and accidentally installed the PIC backwards. This action causes a nearly full short circuit. There is a big chance there is a trace gone between J3 and J5. See the picture.
  20. H

Searching for the Model 12 / 16B service manual

Who has a copy or know where to find the Model 12 / 16B technical manual with the schematics of these computers.
Back