• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

XENIX booting on a F48

XENIX booting on an F48 (The red freHD for the Big Tandy's) I managed to make a bootable version of XENIX that runs on an F48. The hardware and software details are: Model II type 16; 16b and 6000 68000 sub system with at least 256K RAM Type 2 hard disk controller F48 hard disk emulator XENIX...
  2. H

SUN donor keyboards to repair the Big Tandy keyboards.

I have just bought a small batch of used SUN type 4 keyboards. This is the version that uses the same technology as the Model 2, 12, 16 and 6000 keyboards. They are easy to disassemble and deliver more than a hundred complete sets of a bottom disk, a foam layer and a mylar disk. You can mount...
  3. H

Big Tandy keyboard refoaming

What are the possibilities to refoam a keyboard of a Big Tandy. Unfortunately, it is very common that such a keyboard does not work properly or not at all. Usually the degeneration of the foam in the keys is the cause of the problem. There are 3 ways to solve this problem. 1) The most expensive...
  4. H

Please help

Request to owners of a Model 12, 16 or 6000 in Europe with a heavy power supply inside. The model of the power supply is: Astec AA11082. Can you check how the option for 220 volts is selected. For this there is a jumper block on the edge of the power supply with 3 pins. The options can be no...
  5. H

HxC adapter and TRSDOSII

I sometimes use the HxC SD adapter to setup a VHD. I have a Model II with a VHD and I want to read a disk with TRSDOSII software on it from an image on the HxC, I can see that the disk is found and opened, but there are never files found on the disk. Using TRSDOS2.0 there are no problems. If I...
  6. H

New release of TRS80GP

@Peter & George Phillips. After playing with your release 2.0.4 of your trs80gp, I'am very pleased with results. Adding an emulator for the big Tandy family is a great improvement. This is the first really working Model II emulator that is available for the big Tandy family. I can use it to...
  7. H

Using TRSDOSII images with the HxC emulator

I have problems reading HxC images from TRSDOS-II (TRSDOS 4.x) disks with the USB Gotek emulator. As far as I can see is the number of sectors/track the problem. Does anyone know or has this problem ?
  8. H

Seen on Ebay

There is a doubler for Model 1 on Ebay which I have never seen before. https://www.ebay.nl/itm/DOUBLE-DENSITY-CARD-FUR-EXPANSIONS-INTERFACE-TRS-80-MODEL-1/253660473724?hash=item3b0f57a97c:g:Y7sAAOSw5cNYSD4x Take a look at the printing on the PCB: 5/8 Zoll (5 / 8 Inch) The printing on the PCB...
  9. H

Perfect device to modify 8" disks

Found at the Banggood store. A perfect tool to modify 8 inch diskettes to make them single sided from double sided or visa versa. Just punch a new index hole at the right position on both sides of the jacket and cover the unused hole with a black sticker. I use thermal stickers which have been...
  10. H

Searching for the Model 12 / 16B service manual

Who has a copy or know where to find the Model 12 / 16B technical manual with the schematics of these computers.
  11. H

Using DOM images for the IDE adapter for Model 3,4 and the IDE DOM adapter for MII

An easy way to handle DOM images. You need an USB2IDE adapter, like http://www.ebay.nl/itm/USB2-0-USB-TO-2-5-IDE-3-5-ATA-SATA-HDD-HARD-DRIVE-DISK-CABLE-ADAPTER-CONNECTOR-/172527551026?hash=item282b718232:g:ABcAAOSwCGVX93Y4 and a male to male gender changer cable...
  12. H

Lo-tech site down ?

I get a security error if I try to access the Lo-tech site. www.lo-tech.co.uk Anybody else too?
  13. H

Question about lowercase on my Model 1

I have a Japanese Model 1 type 1006A. If I display all the possible characters from the character generator I see all upper and lowercase characters. The lowercase has the correct "a" and all the characters with decenders shows right way. If I run the Power-Draw software and go into text mode...
  14. H

Fun with the quinnterface

I finally found the wel hidden photos of the three designers of the quinnterface. If you have an EPROM on your interface and enter and run this little program, you can see them too. ;) 10 FOR X = 0 TO 1078 20 PRINT CHR$(PEEK(12971 + X)); 30 NEXT X @Ray At your service ;)
  15. H

Two new products from Pascal

The Model II HiRes adapter Pascal has completely redraw the schematic of the original HiRes adapter and made the pcb design for this adapter. He has to do this without the schematic and technical manual. A true top performance. To test the adapter, I have built it completely. It's a big board...
  16. H

Seen on Ebay for BIG TANDY owners.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TANDY-TRS-80-MODEL-II-8-INCH-FLOPPY-DISK-LOT-180-pcs-BACKUP-PROGRAMS-DOS-GAMES/172443279917?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D36236887dbb34ff48d149488d5db3f8b%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%2...
  17. H

Testdrive Lifeboat CP/M version 2.25 on the Model II family

JonB has spent many hours with writing a driver for the Lifeboat CP/M version 2.25. He is using the hardware where LSDos 6.3.1a is running for a longer time on and it has proven being trust full. If you have a Lo-Tech harddisk with a hans-02 adapter, you can easily give it a try. JonB's version...
  18. H

Found new address for Model II software and documents for Model II users.

Found a site from Toby Deshane with special Model II info :) A lot of the info is already on Pete's site, but there are some items that I have not seen before. This is the address: https://github.com/Fortyseven/TRS-80-Model-II
  19. H

A little fun with big Tandy's

I hope to reach all the big Tandy owners with some useful information about using the IDE harddisk with LS-Dos 6.3.1a. I do have a Model II and a Model 12, one with a graphics board and both with a hans-02 / Lo-Tech interface. I have a 128Mb DOM with a lot of software and graphics programs...
  20. H

Which big Tandy's you have.

To inform the members of this forum about the number of those computers that are still alive. I have a: Model II with a Graphics board, hans-02, Lo-Tech IDE, silent fan. Model 12 without a card cage, hans-03, hans-04, hans-02, Lo-Tech IDE
Back