• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. 4

Need some help in the search for a part number...

So, the fan in my PS/2 model 95's power supply died yesterday and since then I've managed to pull the fan out in an attempt to find a replacement. Unfortunately, my particular fan is completely unmarked, there's no IBM or manufacturer P/N or even a label on it. Does someone happen to know either...
  2. 4

[WANTED] Your Old IBM PS/2, PS/1 and RS/6000 Systems, Parts and Software!

As the title says, I'm interested in any PS/2, PS/1 and RS/6000 systems as well as parts and software and even documentation that you may have but may not need or want! While there are a few specifics I'd like to get (which I'll list below) I'll take almost anything you don't want, working or...
  3. 4

WTB: RAID Components

I've been looking for some RAID hardware for my PS/2 Model 95 for some time now and thought I'd give posting here another go. I'm currently in the market for two of the three bay hot-plug racks (FRU P/N 61G3526) complete with trays and a pair of four drive SCSI cables (FRU P/N 61G3524), three...
  4. 4

Issues with PC DOS 7 and Drivers

So I've been attempting to get my SGI IrisVision and IBM caddy CD ROM drive to work in my PS/2 Model 95 under PC DOS 7 on and off for the past week or so now with little luck. Starting with the CD drive, It's currently partially working, in that IBMCDROM.SYS loads and detects a CD drive and...
  5. 4

Madge Smart Ringnode?

I found a few of these MCA adapters in a small box of MCA cards I bought a few days ago and am curious about these and have been looking for information on them. They appear to be 16/4 Token Ring adapters however from what I can tell there seems to be more to them than that, though I could be...
  6. 4

WTB: An Elusive Floppy Drive

I've had a very nice PS/2 model 80 with the Blue Lightning upgrade in my collection for quite awhile now, but as of yet I've not been able to do much with it as the floppy drive is dead (bad caps). I had attempted to repair it about a month ago but unfortunately two solder pads came off with a...
  7. 4

WTB: Various Parts

So currently I'm looking for a few bits and pieces to finish loading out my new (to me) Model 95, as well as a couple things for other systems. Specifically I'm hoping to find: -A pair of fully complete RAID cages from a 9595A -The proper SCSI cables for the passplay RAID controller (I already...
  8. 4

PS/2 Model 95 Issues

So I've been playing around with this awesome machine since I got it a few weeks ago and I've not really sure how I've wanted to configure it, needless to say I've been swapping a lot of cards and drives in and out of it trying to see what configurations I like and just to play around with it in...
  9. 4

Which MCA SCSI card should I use?

I've been giving my PS/2 model 80 some much needed attention lately and and have decided to swap the ESDI drives that are in it out for two SCSI drives I have. Problem is though I can't make up my mind on which of my many SCSI adapters I want to use in it :lol: so I thought I'd come to you guys...
  10. 4

WTB: Looking for some various IBM PS/2 Related Items

I'm currently looking for another PS/2 to add to my collection as well as some parts to repair and upgrade a couple of systems I already have. Specifically I am looking for: -A model 8595 or 9595 (preferably a 9595) I would be willing to accept a partially complete or non working system as...
  11. 4

IBM PS/2 Hard Drive Issues

So I recently picked up a complete IBM PS/2 Model 55SX at a local thrift store for twenty bucks. It gets the 161 and 163 errors which is no big surprise however I noticed that the indicator light for the hard disk is always on from the moment you turn the machine on. I booted from a DOS disk and...
  12. 4

WTB: IBM PS/2 Model 95 and IBM PS/2 Model 8516 Touch Screen CRT

Looking for a working model 95 and 8516 display, been after these for awhile now and thought I might try my luck here.
  13. 4

Drivers for Hercules Monochrome Graphics Card

I have a (hopefully) simple request, does anyone know where I can get the drivers for a Hercules monochrome graphics card? Thanks in advance.
  14. 4

Need Some Help With Two Expansion Cards

The first card I'd simply like help identifying, it looks to be some form of display adapter, either CGA or EGA but I'm not entirely sure. The second card is the one that's been bugging me for a few months. It's a Persyst Time Spectrum 384L Rev D. I know I have 384k of memory loaded onto it...
  15. 4

Problems with Seagate ST-412

Good evening (at least where I am) everyone, I recently purchased a used Seagate ST-412 for my IBM 5160 which was in need of a replacement to the ST-225 that died awhile back. I installed said drive earlier today and powered the system up, the drive spun up with no problems that I can tell, and...
  16. 4

IBM XT 5160 Display Problems

So I recently acquired an IBM 5160 that seems to be having problems with display card (either a CGA or a EGA card). Upon start-up I receive one long beep and two short beeps, nothing appears on the screen. Current hardware load-out is as follows: One Dual-Bay Floppy Drive Two Hard Disk Drives...
Back