• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

FS: Macintosh Systems and Parts

I posted this on the 68kMLA, so I might as well post it here too. I have been getting a lot of systems, but most of them I already have, or have picked some parts I needed from the lot, so it is all going here now. I will close the sale on Friday the 16th, then it all goes to eBay. COMPLETE...
  2. C

IBM PS/2 P70 issues

I got an IBM P70 386 system for $15 at an electronics shop. The guy said the screen didn't work, so I figured it couldn't be too difficult to fix. I got back and fired it up, and it worked perfectly. Today, I cleaned it up by wiping the outside and scrubbed the keyboard, now it turns on, all you...
  3. C

Purchasing From the Forums

I am sure there are many people out there who are hesitant of purchasing from the forums. I am still a bit hesitant, because I want to make sure everything is legit, and the transaction goes smoothly. I can't help but raise an eyebrow when I see an H89A for free, or an IBM 5100 for $100 +...
  4. C

Texas Instruments Insight Series 10 Value?

I was visiting a computer repair/recycling place I frequent and stumbled upon this: So far, this is the only picture I have found of a similar unit on the entire internet. That's right, there is only a single picture on the internet of one of this machine, so it appears to be very rare. I...
  5. C

Finding Old Computers! (from my experiences)

Almost every novice or new collector will ask where to get old computers. The first answer they usually get is to look on eBay. Sure, eBay can be a good place to find the more common systems, but when you want to buy in quantity without the competition that is eBay, where do you look? Many...
  6. C

5 1/4" Floppy Drive Not Reading?

I was excited to get my 5 1/4 floppy drive and disks in the mail today, however have been having some trouble getting it to work. When I click the drive in Windows 98 it spins up, but the read heads don't appear to be moving, and I get the "This device is not ready" error. Here is my setup...
Back