• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Dantz / ‘SuperMac’ TapeFit software WITH DataStream Tape Driver - where to find?

I am attempting to restore files from several DC2000 tape cartridges that were backups of a Mac system in use in the late 1980s. The owner of the tapes recalls that they were written using TapeFit software, possibly over a network. The owner of the tapes has loaned a Mac Plus (OS 6.0.3) with an...
  2. J

Delicate 8” and 5¼” double-sided floppy disks – how to avoid a ‘bulldozer’ effect.

I have a collection of 8 inch and 5¼ inch disks which are difficult to read. I’m looking for advice about ways others have resolved the issues I’m facing. An important preliminary point is that the disks *look* pristine. There’s little or no evidence of previous damage (e.g. concentric...
  3. J

NCR DMV with Western Digital WD1001-05 ST506/MFM Board / Signetics 8x305 Controller

I have a 1982/84 NCR Decision Mate V (Five) in working order. That is, it boots from a floppy/gotek. The base version uses a Z80 for CP/M-80 2.2. Among a variety of options were: - an internal or external 8088 with which CP/M-86 and MS-DOS 2.11 were available - an internal or external 10Mb...
  4. J

Intel User Libary - mid-1970s 8080

In researching the history of Intel's Intellec series (8, 8/80, 800, etc) I've come across references to a library of routines that Intel made available to users for an annual subscription of $100. Here are screenshots of two pages that give hints about the scope of the library: 1976 Intel...
  5. J

Intertec Superbrain Schematic Diagrams

The Centre for Computing History at Cambridge, UK has original prints of schematic diagrams for the Intertec Superbrain. http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/17663/Intertec-SuperBrain-Schematic-and-component-layout-drawings/ I have scanned these and they are available from download via this...
  6. J

A Superbrain II QD Resistor Query

I’m looking for help with restoring a Superbrain II QD. Note that this version of the board has power connecting via a 7-way plug. The issue should be simple to resolve with documentation, but that isn’t quite the case. It’s not that PDFs of the schematics are hard to find. But the resolution...
  7. J

Northstar Advantage – Writing floppy disks with NST by Dave Dunfield

Writing disks with NST is what I would like to do. My primary aim is to obtain the hard disk setup programs which are available in collections of *.NSI disk images. My Advantage has a 360k DS/DD floppy drive, so it needs the double-density version of NST. Can anyone help? 1. If you have the...
Back