• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

New 68K Tandy Memory Board and MMU Extension

Just a sneak peak at a few things peburrell has been working on for the big Tandys! Memory Board: ​ This is a tiny 8M board that plugs into the 50 pin header of the 68K CPU board and consumes about 200mW. The jumper block on the left lets you select various memory configurations that cover...
  2. D

Tandy XENIX v3.3 Upgrade Without Burst Mode

Here are disk images of the XENIX v3.3 upgrade with the NewPal checks and burst mode removed. I installed it on a stock 6 Mhz long board and ran extensive IO tests for a week with no issues. A few months back I got the boottrack and z80ctl source building with ZAS under XENIX. Once that was...
  3. D

TRS-80 Model II/16A (Long Board) "Burst Mode" PAL Upgrade

Even though it wasn't supported by Tandy the original 68000 "long" or "dog-eared" CPU board could be upgraded to support the DMA BURST Mode feature needed to run XENIX 3.x. You can actually find a lot of info out there that it was done but for whatever reason nobody ever documented the...
  4. D

Frank Durda's Enhanced Model II/16/6000 Boot ROM

Frank added support for the Model 2000 keyboard and Hitachi HD64180 along with a host of other fixes and optimizations. The ROM (FDIV_89.bin) has the checksum of DF85 in a reader and AD85 in MEMII. I've ran it in a 16A, 16B, 6000 and trs80gp for about 6 months without any issues. It feels like...
  5. D

TRS-80 Model 16B "Burst Mode" PAL Upgrade

When Tandy released XENIX 3.x a "68000 DMA BURST Mode" feature was added that allowed the Z80 to grab and hold the 68000 bus (apart from refresh cycles) and do DMA directly to/from the 68000 memory to/from Z80 I/O ports, or to/from Z80 memory. The 8Mhz 68000 CPU card in the 6000 came with this...
  6. D

68K Tandy MMU Extensions

Most big Tandy fans are probably familiar with the Tandy MMU extension for the 68K CPU board but did you know there were others? Tandy designed the 68K architecture for the Model 16 with 8MB of address space. Officially the first 7MB is reserved for memory and 256K at 780000-7BFFFF reserved for...
  7. D

XENIX z80ctl 3(136) and diskutil 3.43

These are the last known versions of z80ctl (22-Dec-93) and diskutil (1-Jul-88 ) which were never widely distributed. They were recently uncovered and provide additional fixes and features made by Frank Durda that might be of interest to 68K Tandy users. z80ctl 3(136) contains fixes for the...
  8. D

Tandy Retail Services Support Library CD

Here is an ISO of the July 1994 Tandy Retail Services Support Library CD: Tandy Retail Services Support Library CD.7z I installed it in a Windows 3.11 VM but you can browse pretty much everything directly in the ISO. It's pretty cool.
  9. D

Project 557 Software Developers Guide

Many of you know Project 557 was the code name for the Tandy 1000 during development. Tandy also produced a software and a hardware guide for developers to have products ready when the machine was announced and I was lucky to get a copy from Frank Durda's collection. I don't think there is...
  10. D

PSSJ ISA Boards

From usenet and general talk I knew these existed for 15+ years, but I never thought I'd get to hold one... Here's a much larger image: http://69.43.38.169/pssj.png
  11. D

Anybody know what this is?

Has anybody seen one of these before? The part number is 87091032 but I can't find anything on it. Has a 60 pin cable so I dont think its SCSI or ESDI. Is it possibly an ISA interface for the disk cartridge system? Larger pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/PaS7BED
  12. D

Network 4 card?

I've never seen a picture of one but based upon description I think this is a Network 4 card (Corvus Omninet): Larger pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/2bLKMcQ
  13. D

Prototype 1000 TX Motherboard

I had the opportunity to acquire a prototype 1000 motherboard that was unpopulated; I thought it'd be something cool to hang on the office wall. Aside from not having a few part numbers it's identical to production TX motherboard, but it appears to have an interesting twist in the form of a...
  14. D

Xenix 286 for Tandy 3000NL

Does anybody know where I could acquire a copy of Xenix / 286 for the 3000 (905-1501)? I would gladly buy a copy but none have came up for sell in the past few years.
  15. D

Panasonic Sr Partner BIOS

I've had a few Panasonic Sr Partner's over the years and noticed in certain situations like no storage devices it would boot to the diagnostics software. I recently acquired another one, dumped the roms and sure enough the diagnostics software is there in the system rom area. The Sr Partner was...
  16. D

WTB: Tandy 1000 RSX, 2500 and 40XX

Interested in buying Tandy RSX, 2500 or 40XX series. If you have any you'd like to let go let me know, I have cash in hand.
  17. D

Looking TRS80 Model III or 4 chassis

I need to purchase the upper/lower plastic case and drive tower from a Model III or 4. Just wanted to check around and see if anybody might have them before gutting a complete machine.
Back