• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Info on IBM Game Control Adapter?

I need to know both how to identify and acquire the original model of Game/Joystick adapter/card made by IBM for use with the 5150 and/or 5160. Later made cards by third party companies will work with DOS based games but not the "booter" games such as the ones made by Atarisoft. If anyone has...
  2. D

In need of FDD and Game Controller card for 5160

I am in need for a full height 5 1/4 FDD, IBM branded preferred, and a joystick/game controller card for my 5160. If anyone has either or both of these items available please contact me. Thanks.
  3. D

A functional XT!

It's finally happened after what seemed like an eternity. I finally have, in my possession, a working IBM 5160 XT......and there was much rejoicing. :p It's about time! I was beginning to think it would never happen. My trip to Greensborro payed off. Of coarse there's a couple downsides. One...
  4. D

WYSE terminal monitor

Does anyone have any interest or use for this terminal monitor? It's model - WY150 and in working condition as far as I can tell. I powers up with a single beep and an amber colored cursor comes into place in the upper left corner. Unfortunately I don't have anything else to hook up to it. As...
  5. D

Using a C1084 with Sinclair or Amstrad

I have both a Sinclair Spectrum +2 and a Amstrad CPC 464. Now, since I reside on this side of the pond I never get to see the true colors displayed for either computer. If I understand correctly the RGB signal is independent of either NTSC or PAL. So if I could hook each one of these up to a...
  6. D

Commodore Pet acquisitions

The other week I came across a place that had a few Commodore items for sale. There were a couple FDD's, a 1541 and 1571, plus a C64c and a 128d. Those were fine but what caught my attention was the model 8032 Pet and 8250 dual FDD sitting there across from the rest of the stuff. The Pet fired...
  7. D

Wanted: Commodore PET Disk Drive IEEE-488 Cable

I've recently acquired a Commodore Pet Model 8032 along with the 8250 Dual Disk Drive. Sadly the cable necessary to connect the two was not included. Does anyone have any idea where I could find one or perhaps have a spare one or two to sell?
  8. D

Wanted: original Apple ][ floppy drive 1 & 2 and a Tandy 720k 3.5

I have recently rescued a Tandy 1000 TL. Everything seems to work well on it except the 720k 3.5 floppy drive. I will neither read nor format any disk put into it. It was quite dirty inside the drive. I tried to clean it to the best of my limited ability but still can not get it to work. EDIT...
  9. D

Another broken Timex/Sinclair 1000

I have now acquired my second non functioning, worthless Timex/Sinclair 1000. The first was at a flea market and the second being from ebay. This is getting infuriating. I doubt much can be done with it either so that's money well spent yet again. They seem to sell on ebay whether they're tested...
  10. D

IBM 5150 or 5160

Does anyone have an unwanted, functional 5150 or 5160 that they'd care to either donate or sell for a reasonable price, preferably with a 5153 (CGA) monitor? The thing is that I am on a low fixed income and just can not afford Ebay prices, especially when combined with the shipping costs on...
  11. D

IBM Atarisoft compatibility

I recently acquired three IBM version Atarisoft games in still sealed condition. Amazingly there seem to be an awful lot of these circulating as of late and not just for IBM but other systems. Anyways, the titles are Jungle Hunt, Moon Patrol and Gremlins. Now sadly I still don't have a working...
  12. D

Did a mouse destroy my IBM XT?

I just was given an IBM XT yesterday. I was told it had been in a closet for years. Today I hooked it up and powered it on. It started to come on, I could hear the fan and hard drive start to spin, the keyboard L.E.D.'s lit and the screen flashed. This all happened in a split second only then to...
  13. D

Tandy Disk Drive Controller Card and cable needed.

I am in need of a Disk Drive Controller Card and connecting ribbon cable for a Tandy CoCo. Preferably a FD-502 but any should do since I have a multi-pak that supposedly will allow me to use ones other than a 502 on my CoCo 3. I recently acquired a disk drive, model 26-1160, which was stated to...
  14. D

At&t Pc6300

Greetings, I have an old AT&T PC6300 with one 5 1/4 floppy drive and the optional hard drive. Also hooked up to it is the original keyboard and an AT&T monitor. The problem is that although the computer powers up as does the monitor, and the two small red lights on the keyboard light and...
Back