• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. m_thompson

PiDP-10

I recently bought a PiDP-10 from Oscar Vermeulen at: https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp10. He also makes replica PDP-8/I and PDP-11/70 front panels. Oscar plans to make additional KA-10 display panels that will connect to the KA-10 console. The PiDP-10 front panel is a 60%...
  2. m_thompson

DEC Donation to the RICM

Thomas, an ex-DEC employee just donated a collection of 1970's DEC equipment to the Rhode Island Computer Museum. The donation includes a PDP-11/05, PDP-11/20, PDP-11/34a, PDP-11/44, some empty PDP-11 chassis, 3x RL02 disk drives with lots of disk packs, 2x RK05 disk drives, a TU80 Magnetic Tape...
  3. m_thompson

PDP-11 Bank

I got an early Christmas present from a friend. The front panel doesn't match any PDP-11 that I could find. The tape drive looks like a TS03, but the tape is on the take-up backwards. It is still very cool.
  4. m_thompson

DECtape Block Count Questions On A PDP-9

The PDP-9 at the RICM won't pass the Search Find All Blocks test in MAINDEC-9A-D3BB TC02 Basic Exerciser. The diagnostic is looking for block 1102 (octal) and is hitting the end zone so it fails. I have been reading the PDP-9 User's Manual, the TC02 Manual, the DECtape Formatter Program Manual...
  5. m_thompson

PDP-11/35 at the RICM

The RICM moved the Display/Lab area into a new rental area that is 50% bigger, so we had room for some more DEC equipment. Last year the estate of Spider Boardman, a PDP-10 operating system wizard, donated an 11/35 that was cobbled together from lots of unrelated parts. I thought that machine...
  6. m_thompson

TM990-100M at the RICM

The Rhode Island Computer museum just received a TM990-100M, TM990-301 Microterminal, TM990-303B Diskette Controller, an unidentified TM990 RAM/EPROM board, manuals, and a cardcage. Any idea what the model number for this RAM/EPROM board is?
  7. m_thompson

Transferring Source Code from Windows to a PDP-12

I have the source code for Spacewar! for the PDP-12. It has been modified by several people to fix bugs, and the RICM modified it to use PDP-1 style game controllers that we made. I assembled it with PALBART on my laptop and used the RIM loader to load it into the PDP-12. That works OK. I used...
  8. m_thompson

DEC Tape Drive Tester

The Rhode Island Computer Museum deceived this DEC Tape Drive Tester today. It is supposed to connect to the TU10, TU20, or TU30 tape drive bus that normally connects to the tape controller. I haven't seen any documentation, or even a mention of this tester in any documentation. It looks pretty...
  9. m_thompson

Digital Patch Cords

The RI Computer Museum has been looking for some of these for quite a while. This unopened bag was donated today. Now we know what they should look like, so maybe we can find a source for more.
  10. m_thompson

FOCAL on a PDP-9

I am trying to get FOCAL running on the RICM's PDP-9. There are four different versions available, one for each of the ADSS operating system versions. We have DECtape, so we run the Keyboard Monitor version of ADSS. There are two different versions of FOCAL for the ADSS Keyboard Monitor, one for...
  11. m_thompson

G850 FlipChips for TU55 DECtape

The RICM has three bad and no good spare G850 SCR Motor Driver FlipChips that are used in TU55 DECtape drives. The first G850 I looked always drives the motor. It had a shorted diode in the Motorola MDA 942-5 diode bridge which blew the 2N4443 SCR and the D664 diode on the SCR's gate. I haven't...
  12. m_thompson

Getting a PDP-11/84-E to boot

I made some progress with the PDP-11/84-E. I can connect to the console and can connect with PDP11GUI. I was surprised to find that PDP11GUI doesn't work with my Prolific PL2303 based USB/serial cable, but works find with my FTDI cable. I have the following boards installed: 5 M7762 RL11...
  13. m_thompson

DEC G501 Logic Maintenance Module

The RICM received a G501 Logic Maintenance Module as a donation yesterday. We have the schematic, but have no idea what it fits or what it was used for.
  14. m_thompson

DEC Manufacturing Costs

The RICM just received a donation of a metal box full of DEC microfiche, and a Visidyne microfiche viewer mounted in a small briefcase. I looked through the fiche, and it is all DEC policies, procedures, and standards. I found one fiche that has DEC's manufacturing cost for lots of different...
  15. m_thompson

I need docs for a PDP-11/84-E

The original PDP-11/84-A had a 12 slot backplane with the power supply at the right side of backplane. NPG jumpers are on a special MDM board in slot 1. The Maintenance Print Set, Maintenance Guide, and Installation and Technical Reference Guide all exist got this chassis. I just started...
  16. m_thompson

Another PDP-11/35 for the RICM

The RICM rescued an 11/35, 2x RL02s, 2x VT52s, a VR14, an Alpha desktop and an Alpha server, a PowerPC Mac, a little DEC Intel desktop, and lots of miscellaneous items. I took a quick look inside of the 11/35 and it is nearly full. The video cable for the VR14 exits the 11/35 chassis, so there...
  17. m_thompson

DEC PDP8/L OEM NOS spare parts, IC's, buttons, swithes etc. Rare!

New listing on eBay, not mine. 4 PCS slider contact buttons and 6 PCS swithes. 30 PCS IC's 11 PCS inductors
  18. m_thompson

Assemble Kaypro BIOS From Source?

I am debugging a Kaypro-10, trying to find out why it stops running CP/M after a few seconds. I think that it is running the code that checks for a key press, when it fails. I have the source code for the BIOS EPROM, ROM19EE.MAC. The format of the source code doesn't seem to match the CP/M...
  19. m_thompson

The RICM just got two Lisas!

The Rhode Island Computer Museum just received a Lisa 2/5, a Lisa 2/10, and a NeXT Cube Turbo as donations. The batteries on the on the 2/5 leaked everywhere. There is green corrosion on all of the connectors on the backplane, gold fingers, and it even ate through some of the traces on the I/O...
  20. m_thompson

Source for 6510 CPU

Do any devices other than the SX-64 have a socketed 6510 CPU chip?
Back