• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

ZTerm for Apple II CP/M

In the SSC manual, there is a jumper setting to convert the SSC into a legacy serial card. I might try this over the weekend to see if Z-Term will detect an older serial card.
  2. E

ZTerm for Apple II CP/M

I worked a deal with the eBay guy and got the Z-Term software. With the scanned PDF, the file is too large to attach this post, so you can download it from my website repository here. The .zip contains an Apple CP/M format .dsk file and the scanned manual. Here are some notes on Z-Term from...
  3. E

ZTerm for Apple II CP/M

I'm really hoping someone posts a copy. I'd like a copy myself. If you're feeling flush, someone has a full Z-Term software package for sale on eBay. Eric
  4. E

Resistor pack values for Compaticard IV

I think you're right. There are three GALs on the board, and the one just to the right of the BIOS looks to plug into the ISA pins.
  5. E

I am not able to read the BIOS through Debug/Dump, so something is definitely up with the bus logic on the card. I don't see any missing or cut traces on the PCB compared to online photos. Next step would be a logic analyzer, or maybe I'll just wait for one to pop up on eBay...
  6. E

Great idea, thanks! I'll try this.
  7. E

I can access the disk controller directly using ImageDisk, but I really want to use the full functionality of the card. @jxm I burned my own EEPROM and verified the contents are identical to the 1.05C .bin files available online. @Chuck(G) It's possible maybe there is a trace or something...
  8. E

I disabled the primary FDC and set the Compaticard IV as primary to remove any potential conflict with other disk controllers and still no success. I also tried different DMA and I/O address locations. I tested both with BIOS enabled and on-board BIOS disabled. No luck in any scenario. It's...
  9. E

After completing the upgrades to the card, it looks like my Pentium-166 ISA/PCI PC may be too new for the Compaticard to work. I'm getting "Divide overflow" errors when I load the CC4DRV.SYS driver. Even going the norom route and loading the BIOS through CC4BIOS.SYS (the newer 1.06 version...
  10. E

Thank Thank you so much! The parts are on order now. It should be a fun project.
  11. E

A few years ago I acquired a Compaticard IV that that did not have the BIOS and other components populated on the board. I'm going to add the missing components, and I have everything I need except the two bus resistor arrays. Does anyone know what the resistor array values are for RP2 and RP3...
  12. E

Applesauce FDC disk imaging tools - testimonials?

I wrote a review for AppleSauce last year. It is quite simply phenomenal! I've only used it for Apple II disks, but it successfully imaged the majority of my collection. There were a few disks it couldn't figure out and I list them in my review. I used Virtual ][ on the Mac to verify the...
  13. E

I created floppy images of Scott Adams Adventure Games for CP/M on Nabu

I tried running the above software on Z80Pack CPM emulator and also natively on my PCPI CP/M card for the Apple ][, but encountered problems. The RNDTST program works and shows a sequence of random numbers. However, when I run ADVENTUR.COM, I don't see a full list of adventures. Instead, I...
  14. E

simh support forum?

I highly recommend the PiDP-11 newsgroup. Many of the questions are simh or OS-related. I've posted a few RT-11 questions there (KEX anyone?) and received good answers. It's very active. And the PiDP-11 replica kit using a Raspberry Pi and simh is one of the coolest vintage computing project...
  15. E

Kaypro IV '84 refusing to boot from Disk

I also have a Kaypro IV with some flaky SD-521s and I lucked out on the Internet Archive today and found an Epson PC service manual that includes full specs and maintenance steps for the SD-521: Epson Equity II Service Manual, Chapter 6. You will still probably need an alignment disk for...
  16. E

Compaticard IV & Uniform-PC

I have an oddball Compaticard IV with no DIP switches and no BIOS, date stamped 1989. None of the Compaticard drivers on the Internet seem to work with it. I think it might have been designed to work with Uniform-PC v3, but I can't find a copy of this version of Uniform. Does anyone know how...
  17. E

Looking for Kaypro SWP Co-Power-88 Core Software

Does anyone have a Kaypro version of the SWP Co-Power 88 utility software in ImageDisk or Teledisk format? I've acquired the DOS and CPM-86 Teledisk images from the Zorba z80 site and they should work, but I don't believe the Zorba PCDOS.COM and RAMDISK.COM files from the SWP utility disk are...
  18. E

Heath/Zenith Z-100 with Tons of Original Software and Manuals - Dallas, TX

I'm letting my Z-100 go to make room for other projects. In addition to the computer, I have over 200 Z-100 software titles on 5 1/4" floppies and just about every manual ever released for the Z-100 series computers. Please note: The hard drive has finally failed after 30 years and the floppy...
  19. E

Zenith Z-100 Gaming Find

Greetings and Happy New Year, Z-100 Brothers! Why not meet the new year with some authentic Avalon Hill games released specifically for the Z-100 platform! The Z-100 software archives now contain four classic Avalon Hill games that were ported to the Z-100 series CP/M platform: Stocks & Bonds...
  20. E

Zenith Z-100 - fixed after a bit of bother

Your power supply looks slightly different from mine. Do you have the all-in-one model or I wonder if something varied for international models? Here is a picture of my supply. I have the Z-100 without the integrated monitor. Eric
Back