• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Curious if you've had time to build up the revised board?
  2. G

Sure, what's the eprom question? - Gary

Sure, what's the eprom question? - Gary
  3. G

Testing a Z80 CPU

Look at: https://github.com/djtersteegc/z80-cmos-nmos-tester
  4. G

SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel

Minor issue - Link for 560R SIP9 Resistor Network in BOM is wrong.
  5. G

Looks like a great distraction! You have to stop coming up with projects I want to build :)
  6. G

Any progress on building up the revised board? I'd be happy to build one up if you haven't had time :)
  7. G

Building a Clone MITS 8800

I have stock of Altair and IMSAI cpu cards, see http://www.the-planet.org They are (imho) a nice reproduction of the original cards, with hard gold contacts. I sell them on Ebay, Tindie (and directly for $5 less as I don't have fees that way and pass along the savings). Although the Altair is...
  8. G

Great news, can't wait to hear how it turned out! Happy to build one up if it would be helpful :)
  9. G

How did V1.1 turn out?
  10. G

Great news on the V1.1 PCB! Custom FlashFloppy also looks great. You're very good at finding bargains on AliExpress. I also purchased 4116's from the same seller - Mine were desoldered and remarked - I tested them on a Neo-Loch tester and 15 were defective. Another 20 had rather short pins...
  11. G

That's a nicer version of my schematic drawing of the change! Can't wait to see V1.1!
  12. G

Exciting news! Did you also make the 74LS123 changes? Looked thru Otto's 4mhz modification. One line is unclear - "run jumper from junction of R38 & R40 (pin 9 of U77) to U96 pin 5" I assume it intended it to read the junction of R39 and R40, but even that isn't pin 9 of U77 (unless the...
  13. G

Adapter boards look fantastic, nice touch! Your keyboard adapter is also great. I recall always doing a 4mhz modification that just involved shifting two pins on the 74164. I'll have to look back as I don't recall the specifics. I always just built it up on a small header as I hated...
  14. G

Thanks for the conversion info. I actually saw the same fd50to34 PC board and ordered it earlier today. I had made up a similar board years ago. I tried it tonight - had to move the "Ready" pin 34 on the 5" side to pin 22 on the 8" side and it booted. It was great to see CP/M again...
  15. G

The original BB1 looks great as well! Should be a fantastic display. How did you convert the .imd to .img files? Still working on the floppy interface. I didn't think it thru well and tried to use an adapter I had previously designed to hook an 8" drive to a "modern" 5.25" interface...
  16. G

Slicer 80186

I can't recall if it also supported 5.25" disks. In any case I ran 8" DSDD, so lots of storage for the day.
  17. G

Slicer 80186

I had a slicer in the early 1980's. Nice system, but the dual dram sockets were problematic. That looks like a great system as it has some of the expansion boards that would have made it more IBM PC compatible. Look at the old ad's in Micro Cornucopia. I would have gladly paid $250 for that...
  18. G

Video and Keyboard both running nicely now. I was getting some jitter (a common BB1 problem) and changing U11 to a 74F04 seemed to improve it. The board also works nicely with XMON4 (2716x2) which adds a few features (but removes the memory test). Printed up your RT-50B case, very nice...
  19. G

Looks like source is there too! http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/bigboard/bbddsrc.zip
  20. G

Well, bios for SWP appears to be here... http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/bigboard/bb-dd.zip
Back