• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Trs 80 GA model 4 display problems I assume

Hello All after many years away from my trs 80's .. I have a nga that works fine and one i acquired a while back .(GA) . the previous owner tried taking the top off and broke and imploded the CRT neck.. I substituted.. my top from the NGA with the crt board and crt .. but get no display the crt...
  2. J

CRT resolution

Hello dos anyone know if there are any difference in resolution between the CRT.. used in model 3's and model 4's.. I have a Model 4 that needs a crt . and have acess to a model 3 B$W crt .. the Model $ has the higher resolution Video board .. thanks for any helo .. Mack
  3. J

TRS-80 model 4 filament saver

Hello .. can anyone tell me the method of .. helping to lower the power surge on the CRT filament.. I seem to remember someone posting a method for that ..when you first turn on the Computer the Filament glows brightly for a few seconds.. then settles down.. this i am told shortens the life of...
  4. J

Looking for a Xebec S1410 board

Hello I am looking for a Xebec S1410 board ,, found in some Sider Drives and some DATAMAC TRUSTOR , Trs-80 HD.s and others.. If you have one lurking around let me know,,,The S1410-a won't work I think.. Regards Mike
  5. J

Possible Apple II IDE boards from Lotech

Hello I approached James Pearce From LoTech about producing low cost Apple II IDE boards.. his Answer is Posted below.. I Lack good enough programming skills and in-depth in sites into Apple my self..But If you have the programming/hardware skills and the time it would seem if you contacted...
  6. J

Trying to FDISK a 20meg HD?

Hello .. I have a NEC D5126 HD that my IBM 5160 with a XEBEC MFM controller would not recognize under FDISK,, so I did a low level format .. then it was recognized with FDISK. but using FDISK it takes forever then it says no room for partition ... ? I used: Debug- enter -a 100 mov ax,705 mov...
  7. J

Looking for a Reasonably priced ST-225

Hello My Sider II drive died and I need to replace it.. I think A ST-225 MFM will do that ,,Or if you have a NEC D5126 .. that would be perfect as that is the drive i am replacing.. So If you have one kicking Around let Me know.. I can pay Via Pay pal I am In charleston SC .29420.. Thanks Mike
  8. J

ST-225/NEC5126 Question

I assume this is the right forum for this question.. I have A SIDER II hard drive for an Apple II type computer.. and It originally had a NEC5126 drive in it but has gone bad,, The ST-225 has the same head and Cylinders(4heads & 615 cylinders) can I substitute it for the NEC? Thanks in...
  9. J

SIDER II Terminator Plug

Hello.. With A bunch of Apple Stuff I got A SIDER II hard drive and Card..When I initially tested it it worked fine.. but as I was working with it the drive itself became unplugged. After restarting the Apple IIe and drive .. Now It dosn't boot I tried the Installation Process and the card...
  10. J

CFFA 2.0 and CPM?

Hello I Found A CFFA ver 2.0 run 4 Card In one of my Apple IIgs computers.. It seems to work OK, It comes up with a CAT/BYE/Exit menu and it will go into 80 columns with A utilities screen,, I assume this Means it is working,,, My Question is can you use CPM or other OS's on the card... Thanks...
  11. J

APPLE IIe enhancement roms and cpu questions

Hello .. I have several apple IIe that are not enhanced ,, I can burn new roms but have a question about the CPU I can find R65C02P4's but not the R65C02P2's will the P4's work for the upgrade.. I am aware of the WDC65C02S.. issues but was told the R65C02P2 were drop in replacements... Regards Mike
  12. J

SlotBuster II questions

Hello I just opened a Apple IIgs Rom3 up.. and discovered a Slotbuster II card.. I have unsuccessfully searched the web without finding any info about it except someone looking for a chip back in 2006... does anyone have any info on this card maybe a manual? also is it possible to burn a rom 3...
  13. J

Programming a FreHD Pic

Hello ... I am new here.. This is my first post;; and would like to get some help. I have the FreHD board I bought from Ian, I am building, What I need to know is the Configuration Bits For the Pic,, I am Using a Genuis G540 programmer and when I open the Pic hex file it asks me to set the...
Back