• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Need VT240 help

I recently acquired a VT240 in unknown but long-term-storage condition. After cleanup it worked well for a few minutes, then the dreaded Rifa X-caps blew up. Fixed that. Terminal was working fine until today, displaying the checkerboard then two different grey bands that would grow upwards from...
  2. D

Simulating PDP-8 on a PDP-11?

I have an 11/23+ with 4 MB RAM, a pair of RL02's, a 3.5" floppy, 16 serial lines and TSX-Plus. While thinking of interesting things to do with it, I wondered if there is any existing program that simulates a PDP-8? It would be neat to have one of the terminals talking to a virtual PDP-8 with...
  3. D

WTB: TI Silent 700 printhead and keyboard or keyswitches

I need a new printhead for my Silent 700 terminal (745 model). It has several burned out pixels. Also, the keyboard has four bad Hall-effect switches. They are difficult to remove individually without destroying them, but if you've managed to take them out, I need four ;) Or a whole keyboard...
  4. D

Looking for my old ADM-3A

I used to have an ADM-3A Dumb Terminal... fixed it up, and made my own lower-case ROM from a 2716 EPROM and a lot of small wires. Sold it around 2005 or so, but can't remember who bought it. Anyway I'd like to buy it back if the current owner is out there and isn't using it :cool: Thanks Charles
  5. D

3.5" floppies won't exchange between PUTR and PDP-11 - except one...

In another thread, I chronicled my adventure getting a 3.5" floppy drive hooked up to my PDP-11/23+. It now looks to the system (RT-11 5.04 and TSX+ 6.50) like an RX33 with nearly 2400 blocks. So far so good. I had a 720K disk mixed in there, and when I put it in the PDP-11, FORMAT balked and...
  6. D

Looking for Silent 700 printhead

I have two Silent 700 terminals (model 745) that I bought quite a few years ago (nonworking). Couldn't find a schematic. Last week I just happened to search for one - and found a complete service manual with theory of operation and full schematics! So I got them on the workbench. The more...
  7. D

Which floppy drive for RQDX3 and M9058?

The last piece of the puzzle... I now have everything to put a floppy on my 11/23+ except the physical floppy drive. I've done a lot of reading and I could use an RX-50 dual 5.25 drive, or a TEAC 55-GFR 5.25 drive. Right now I'm thinking of buying two 55-GFR's, one in the Windows box and one...
  8. D

RQDX3 (M7555) kills my system dead :(

I just spent a bunch of money on my PDP-11... specifically an RQDX3 (M7555). Reputable ebay seller, 3700+ FB with 100% positives. It came in the mail today. Perfect physical condition except that someone had removed every jumper. Fortunately the DEC manual is online. So I jumpered it up as...
  9. D

Copying RL02 pack from PDP-11 to SIMH?

Can someone please tell me the easiest way to send an RL02 image from my PDP-11/23+ to SIMH? I used VTserver to create the pack (RT-11SJ, TSX+ 6.50), got it debugged and working on the real hardware, but now I need to copy my disk back over to SIMH so I have an image of the one that works. I...
  10. D

TSX-Plus help needed!

(Cross-posted to cctalk also). OK, I have figured out how to modify TSGEN.MAC, use PUTR to make a disk image, load it in SIMH, reassemble, relink, and *finally* send it to an RL02 pack via vtserver! Time-consuming but doable. I've been wrestling with this all day. BUT - TSX+ 6.50 just will...
  11. D

Which backplane slot for RQDXE (M9058)?

Or does it matter where it goes? According to the user manual, the RQDX3 needs to go in a slot where the bus grant daisy-chain is not broken. In my backplane I think that will be slot 5, rows A/B. (CPU, memory, RL controller, and multiline serial card in the first four slots). Can I put the...
  12. D

Dilog CQ-1610 switch settings?

I have a Dilog CQ-1610 serial line card (16 ports!) that I'd either like to sell, or at least put it in my backplane and play with it since I have a copy of TSX+ :) But I can't find any info, especially the DIP switch settings. All I see is "emulates a Unibus DH-11" but that is not even close...
  13. D

Wanted: 5.25" floppy drive and controller card for PDP-11/23+

I have a PDP-11/23+ with two RL02's in a corporate cabinet but no floppy drives. Also an RXV21 (M8029) card. My PDP-8/A has RX01 drives, and I was hoping just to run the cable over to the -11 when I wanted to use floppies on it. But after some searching, it appears that the RXV21 will only work...
  14. D

PDP-8/A power supply problem returns...

The power supply problem on my 8/A has come back worse than ever, after two "got it fixed for sure this time" episodes, and now I have actually tracked it down. (Power OK going off and on, which halts the system). It appears that the secondary of the CVT (ferroresonant transformer) is providing...
  15. D

DKC-8AA Programmer's Panel revised and working

Today I finished building the re-layout version (4-layer with inner power/ground planes) Board 2 of the Programmer's Panel. The SR corruption problem appears to be fixed :) With a full layer for +5 and another for ground, there darn well shouldn't be any ground bounce! Board 1 didn't need...
  16. D

Ticker tape program

Over on Greenkeys I saw the following recently: ------------------------- Hello friends, Does anyone know of a program (maybe one I can run on a PC) that will take an ASCII string of characters and output a series of 8-bit bytes that when sent to a tape punch, will create human readable...
  17. D

PC8E interface to other tape readers

Crickets over at cctalk, so thought I would post here on a DEC-specific forum :) The 8/A's power supply, RL02's and RX01 is all working fine (knocking on wood)... so far, no return of the dreaded Power OK "flicker". Maybe it really is fixed this time.. Famous last words, I know! Now I am...
  18. D

Problems with 8/A & RL02 drives

I've posted on cctalk and alt.sys.pdp8 already, but figured I would join here for a more specific forum ;) Lately my 8/A, 32K SRAM board kit, two RL02 drives, OS/8 has been refusing to boot. Does anyone know if OS/8 uses the interrupt facility of the RL8A controller? I discovered that the...
Back