• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

WTB: Portable computer case. Preferably IBM 5155

Hello. I'm looking for the case of a portable computer. The best would be the case from an IBM 5155, but any portable computer with built in monitor and keyboard at around the same size as the IBM 5155. I'm only looking for a case with keyboard (If it is a 5155 keyboard is not needed either.)...
  2. R

Hard drive replacement for kaypro 10?

Hello, I recently got my kaypro 10 up to a more working condition, but the hard drive is slowly failing me. Therefore I was wondering if there are any good hard drive replacements for the kaypro 10. It has a Seagate ST-212 MFM drive. It will sometimes manage to boot to master menu, but pressing...
  3. R

WTB: ISA or Parallell Network card for IBM 5160/5155

Hello, I want to buy a network card for use with an IBM 5160 or 5155 computer. Mostly anything is fine as long as it has a good driver for dos and works with mTCP
  4. R

Troubleshooting RAM expansion card

The missing pin there is my (stupid) attempt at disabling it by cutting the ground pin
  5. R

Troubleshooting RAM expansion card

I have a board like the one in the picture (quadram quadboard 384kb), however it is currently broken. I have tried to measure the voltage lines, and found out the 5 volt line was about 75 ohms to ground (the other lines were 1k+). Is this a normal value for this type of board or is there a short...
  6. R

HP 200lx - Korean keyboard

I couldn't find anything about Korean when I first powered on the machine, and as you can see the keyboard has arrows pointing to shift+space so I have tried this too. I feel it's a little strange if you have to copy over Korean programs, but I have tried most of the programs with input and none...
  7. R

HP 200lx - Korean keyboard

I recently bought a hp 200lx here. It is a Korean version. All the keys have small Korean symbols on them, and a sticker under the machine says Korea / English. So the problem now is that no matter what weird key combos I press I can't seem to find out how to type these characters. The manual I...
  8. R

WTB: HP 200lx

Hello, I'm looking for a working HP 200lx or 100lx palmtop computer. Preferably with the manual and some cables. Thanks in advance :) edit: Thanks to kyodai for telling me about the 100lx
  9. R

Portable 1.44MB drive using external floppy connector

I'm not sure what this is, it is marked with IBM 5271 on the back. It seemed easier to try this on a pc with hdd first. It has an IBM Floppy Controller (Can open and take a picture if this is important). I tried 2 drives with it, one was confirmed 720k compatible with another machine. The cable...
  10. R

New computer XT/AT/Something?

Possible, at least it boots fine to hdd now :)
  11. R

New computer XT/AT/Something?

I bought a new Computer today, but its not booting. I have no idea what the computer is or whats wrong, When i power it on the screen blinks black once, the power supply fan starts and the hdd starts spinning. It looks like the case is a at case with parts from an XT, and the manuals I got and...
  12. R

Old floppy in new computer

I want to add a native 5.25" floppy to my pc, but I can't find a way to connect it. I have a PCI slot and a PCi-e slot on my motherboard. The only few methods I found of connecting one to a modern pc requires the use of special software. What I want is native support, meaning it shows up in my...
  13. R

16-bit ISA ethernet card in 8-bit slot

Hello I found this card: http://crashrecovery.org/isdn/cards/img/EiconDivaIsa2.01.jpg and I was wondering if it would work in a ibm 5160 and if I would need drivers or something? I have never used a computer that old with ethernet before so I'm not sure how I do it.
  14. R

Portable 1.44MB drive using external floppy connector

Hello, Currently I have to connect a 1.44mb 3.5" drive with the case of the computer open and another computer next to it to power the drive. So I was thinking about making a special cable with the external floppy drive connector plug in one end and two floppy cables + two small 4-pin power...
  15. R

Toshiba T3100/20

I bought a Toshiba T3100/20 from the same seller as the ibm 5155, unfortunately it's not booting. This is due to the hard drive, I can't hear it spinning up or anything. I tried to open it to take a look but in the manual it seems like I have to disassemble the screen to remove the top part and...
  16. R

8-bit isa memory expansion card for ibm 5155

I have a non working memory expansion card, and if can't find a way to fix it I may need to buy a new card so I was wondering if someone had a card they where willing to sell me.
  17. R

IBM 5155 Not booting

some photos of the memory card:
  18. R

IBM 5155 Not booting

I have a IBM 5155 Portable Personal Computer but it won't work, pictures: Dropbox Album Any tips?
Back