• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. tempest

VCF Midwest - who's going?

I'll be there again this year showing off my Exidy Sorcerer, Umtech VideoBrain, and Spectravideo SV-328. I'll also be selling some random items for a friend who lost his job (XT Power Supplies, Atari 2600/7800/8-Bit controllers, Dreamcast controllers, a PCjr monitor, and a Penitum 1 IBM ThinkPad)
  2. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

I had my friend look over the power supply board yesterday and he spotted two iiify looking solder joints. One was one a resistor and one was on the power connector. He reflowed both and now the picture seems solid. I'll have to put it through a thorough stress test tonight but all seems good.
  3. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

The page isn't up anymore it would seem.
  4. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

I'd consider one of the prebuilt ones if I was 100% sure it was my power supply. It probably is though. Where can you buy one?
  5. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

No, no sound at all. The wobble isn't constant either. It will do it for a second, go back to normal for a little bit, then do it again. Sometimes it does it more frequently, but there are periods of normal picture.
  6. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

Is there recap kit I can buy? I see one for the Model 1 and 4P but not the 4. Do the RIFA caps have to be replaced? I always thought you could just forget about those these days. I can check the connectors when I open it up, but since it seems to happen more when the screen has a lot to...
  7. tempest

Model 4 Screen 'wobble'

I just noticed that on my TRS Model 4 (with a FreHD) that the image on the screen seems to shrink or 'wobble' for a split second now and then. Is this 'dirty power' issue, one of the components going, or is there possibly something loose inside? Is there anyone going to VCFMW that might be...
  8. tempest

Videobrain

I know who won the APL/S cart (sadly it was not me). They plan on dumping it as soon as they can.
  9. tempest

Vertical Hold Adjust on a Model 4?

I managed to fix it by opening it up and making sure everything was snug. Still not sure what the issue was.
  10. tempest

Infocom Games and the FreHD?

Ah I needed to do a SYSTEM(SYSGEN) command. Works perfectly now.
  11. tempest

Infocom Games and the FreHD?

Ok now II'm going to bump my old thread. When I type SYSGEN I get a 'Program Not Found' error which is weird because I know I've used this is the past. Do I have to specify any parameters with the SYSGEN command? Also, when I typed SET *KI KI/DVR it said the program was already running. I...
  12. tempest

Vertical Hold Adjust on a Model 4?

This weekend I brought my TRS-80 Model 4 to the VCF MW and when I got it back home I noticed that the screen is continually scrolling like the vertical hold needs adjusting. Is there a way to do this on the Model 4 from the outside or is that an internal adjust? Also, what would suddenly cause...
  13. tempest

VCF Midwest 17

Ah that's right, it is Friday night isn't it? I've been away too long...
  14. tempest

VCF Midwest 17

Anyone know the name of that pizza place everyone goes to on Saturday night?
  15. tempest

IBM 5150 Troubleshooting Help

I did just get an error that said "Invalid COMMAND.COM Cannot load COMMAND, system halted". Any idea what that's about?
  16. tempest

I plugged the memory card back in and so far so good. The SD card is formatting with DOS 5 which is further than I was getting before. Maybe one of the cards was loose? I find that hard to believe though since I had them screwed in. Or maybe this is just part of it intermittently working and...
  17. tempest

I'm having some issues with my IBM 5150 and I'm not sure where the issue might be. It's a late version with the final BIOS, 256K on the motherboard, it has a half height 5.25" and 3.5" drive in it (set to 720k), and it has a math co-processor chip. For cards I have an XT-IDE with an SD card...
  18. tempest

IBM 5150 with XT IDE Help

I went with one of those SD card adapters. Lets hope it works with my system.
  19. tempest

Any particular brand of CF to IDE adapter? I see lots of cheap Chinese junk on ebay, but I don't know if they'll work.
  20. tempest

Also would something like this work? SD Card adapter
Back