• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Old task switching TSR

I vaguely recall using a TSR long before Windows that was a simple ASCII time-slicer - when switching to another app the others went in to a wait - it wasn't a multi-tasking utility and was very small. I believe is was pre DESQview but looked very similar and wasn't one of these...
  2. N

Windows 10 Preview Edition

I am seeking a copy of (the original) Windows 10 preview edition of anyone has a copy they aren't using anymore. Regards, Mike
  3. N

Getting Windows 10 to run on a vintagae ISA system

I set out to build a system that could run everything from DOS/Win3.x through modern Windows on the same (multi-boot) machine, with all of the feature of each OS working such as sound, networking, USB, etc., without having to change any components between boot up of each OS. I got far - much...
  4. N

has anyone one ever seen this kind of connector

Has anyone ever seen a FEMALE floppy card edge connector to a 34pin male adapter? Regards, Mike
  5. N

A little progress...

Posted in error
  6. N

Soon to be added to the collection: A vintage-modern hybrid

This is my latest weekend project in progress. I am expanding my collection with another custom addition; I want to build a bit of a unicorn hybrid vintage-modern system. I am not sure if it has ever been done before. When complete, the system ought to: Have the widest application support on...
  7. N

Looks for Targa2000 PCI (Win) driver targa2000v171.zip

I have a Truevision Targa2000 video capture board for a PCI bus and know that there are drivers for it for at least WinNT. I've been looking for the drivers and see that there is a copy on DriverGuide listing the zip file as targa2000v171.zip(7.7 MB), but I don't know how to directly download...
  8. N

NewWorld Operating Environment

Anyone ever hear or have New World Operating Environment from Digital Video Arts, Ltd? Its not an OS, but a set of optional windows drivers for the ActionMedia II adapter. Would LOVE to find someone that has a copy. Obscure I know. Regards, Mike
  9. N

Seeking Windows 3.1 driver for Dolch Pit Viper 535 21-1001-0133

Anyone know where I might find a Windows 3.1 driver for this video adapter? It uses a Chips and Technologies BIOS. Regards, Mike
  10. N

A new addiition to the collection..

Here is the latest addition to my collection. I wanted to have a fairly fast machine that still had an ISA slot to support audio under DOS and Windows 3.11, but also run Win95 and Win98 well, and run many apps (games and productivity apps) fast. I know there are faster Pentium systems that have...
  11. N

Are there any concerns...

Are there any concerns selling off builds loaded with abandonware? I've build a few nice systems but thinking of selling off one or two that have a fair amount of it installed.
  12. N

Trying to figure out ISA audio (DOS) confllict with on-board sound

I have a couple of Gateway GP7-500 towers PIII's. They all have 1 ISA slot, but one of them has built in audio on the motherboard while the other two don't. I've been able to add SB16 cards to the two that don't have on-board audio and have sound working in DOS/Win311, but I can't seem to get...
  13. N

Seeking discontinued PCAnywere Remote

Seeking a copy of PCAnywhere 12.5 REMOTE or Host&Remote. It needs to be Version 12.5 to control PCANywhere hosts on older systems. Even though it has been discontinued several years ago it is hard to find (lots of copies of 12.5 host only are easily obtainable, but I need remote). Regards, Mike
  14. N

USB with Win95

I am working with a Gateway GP7-500 that has two USB ports. I've got it configured for triple boot (DOS/Win, Win95, and Win98). I know I've got the BIOS configured correctly as the USB ports are recognized by Win98SE. I've also gotten the port to be recognized under DOS. For Windows 95, I've...
  15. N

TCP Options

I have an Intel 100B NIC in a 386 machine and boot up DOS with the DOS driver for the 100B plus mTCP and Trunpet Winsock. I get TCP/IP under DOS and with Trumpet on Win 3.11 I also get TCP/IP connectivity using the same driver. Just out of curiosity I tried adding Win 3.11 Network support...
  16. N

Internal IDE Zip100 drive

I have an internal IDE Zip 100 drive I am trying to make work under DOS on a Gateway GP7-500. I can use the drive after I run the guest.exe app, which finds the drive and assigns it a drive letter, but guest.exe is a TSR and I installed the DOS support from the zip tools disk which adds the...
  17. N

Qualitas 386MAX

I'm working on a 40MHz PC AT clone (a DTK DATA 1000), and it has 640K conventional RAM and 16MB of extended. It has no shadow RAM. I was down to around 480K after installing a lot of apps in DOS, so I thought I'd give 386MAX R7.2 a whirl to see what it could do. It did pretty well, freeing up...
  18. N

How to configre a CF card in BIOS

I have a DTK-100 40 MHz 486SLC AT-like clone. It currently has a 116MB Connor HDD. I'd like to replace it using an XT-IDE and boot from a 1GB CF card I have. Since the machine has a 1992 AMIBIOS, will I need to specify HDD parameters in the machine's BIOS for 1GB CF card if it is being driven...
  19. N

Does anyone use MS-DOS 7.1 (stand-alone) CDU version?

I noticed that there is a stand-alone version of MS-DOS 7.1 on WinWorld (https://winworldpc.com/product/ms-dos/7x). I am interested in it because I have a PATH that is far too long for earlier versions even when using various tricks and this version, which I believe is usually...
  20. N

Question about ASTEC 200 Watt Power Supply Model AA14220

Does anyone know if this PSU is put into a 5160, will it drop right in and be secured by the same screws etc, and, it looks like it has a lip on one site - will that lop conflict with Slot 8 or will slot 8 still be accessible/usable? Regards, Mike
Back