• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. dmemphis

Lo-tech IDE setup on Model III LDOS

Can any offer some fast-track instructions to set up a LO-TECH IDE board on a Model III. I have an LDOS boot disk and the IDE tools RSFORM5 and HDDVR5 available on :0 and :1 floppy drives and the IDE board cabled in to the 50 pin connector and an idustrial IDE flash with its own power supplied...
  2. dmemphis

Model III disk drive - no "Diskette?" prompt

Got three model IIIs with the same symptom on the test bench: they fail to give a "Diskette?" prompt. I don't have a boot floppy here, but I assume it would not work... First things first... that missing prompt. Each can power up to Cass? no problem with the BREAK key. I can write and run BASIC...
  3. dmemphis

Applesauce FDC disk imaging tools - testimonials?

I'm wondering how comprehensive a solution it has become and how well it works on all supported formats. If anyone recommends it from first hand experience for doing all the disk formats that it is supposed do, please chime in. (I have done disk image management with all the varied tools but...
  4. dmemphis

Remington Rand and Burroughs badges?

This component, said to be a rack mount flip flop of the UNIVAC I, has both Remington Rand and Burroughs badges. Can anyone explain what is going on here?
  5. dmemphis

Wang 4000 Restoration at VCF Mid-Atlantic

Any Wang Calculator & Computer aficionados still here? We are in the beginning phase of our Wang 4000 restoration at VCF Mid-Atlantic InfoAge. On August 29th, The original Wang Programmer from Atlas Industries, the company that donated the machine will be visiting to tell us what he knows...
  6. dmemphis

4D can't format double sided

I just started trying to format double sided diskettes on the 4D... I haven't used this machine much since I got it, and have been lazy using singled sided diskettes for a regular 4 since I did, which were generally made on PC from single sided images. So I thought I'd try formatting some...
  7. dmemphis

C.Itoh CIT 100 Maintenance Manual

There doesn't seem to be any online. Lots of User Manual copies, no service/maintenance info. Anyone have one?!
  8. dmemphis

Demonstrating the SuperPET 6809 mode

I'm looking for recommendations on what might be a good demonstration of the 6809 mode of the SuperPET. I have all of the easily web searchable stuff, which amounts to the Waterloo tools and some of the improved versions of the utilities. These materials are great and I'm very glad they are...
  9. dmemphis

Apple IIe Macintosh card now won't access the external 5.25 floppy

I pulled my LCII with a IIe card of the shelf and powered it up. It acted erratically and I knew what that meant, recap time. Actually long overdue, I should not have let it get to this point. It used to work great. Now after the recap, and the LCII working good again, I'm finding that the IIe...
  10. dmemphis

Apple IIe Macintosh Card

Hi- Mine seems to have failed, I just need a new card if you have one without a cable you probably can spare it... thanks!
  11. dmemphis

Lisa Software Installtion Question

I see most everything one would want for a Lisa at http://www.macmothership.com/lisacontent/ I thought that the Lisa software got keyed to the machine it was installed on. Which made acquiring a set of install disks a problem since they would likely be keyed to the old owners Lisa. Is the Lisa...
  12. dmemphis

Model II kbd, is my aluminum mylar shot?

There is very inconsistent "silvery" coverage on the mylar. From almost clear to fairly spotty. It like the foam ate the aluminum. I don't think I should bother reusing the disks. Options?
  13. dmemphis

Model 4D Gate Array - Screen characters missing first bit

I started this one last year but can't find the thread. I'm back on it now tired of having this nice machine sitting here in two pieces in a bad way. This is the symptom - the first pixel of every character clocked out to video is dark. http://imgur.com/PIhmEPy Its dead consistent from power...
  14. dmemphis

Another Rabbit hole...

SO on the Visi On wiki, there is this gem: "In July 1981 Xerox announced the Xerox Star, an advanced workstation computer featuring a graphical user interface, and by that point it was a well known "secret" that Apple Computer was working on a low-cost computer with a GUI that would later be...
  15. dmemphis

make utility

Been going at this for a lot of hours... trying to find a make utility for CP/M. Help!
  16. dmemphis

Your favorite IBM 5150 reflections, historical facts, technical trivia and scuttlebut

I was unsure that this might belong in the history forum, but since it is machine specific, I chose here, plus I really want an audience with 5150 enthusiasts. Pardon the faux pas if this isn't quite right etiquette. Thanks in advance! Wild stuff will have to be vetted or reference provided! :)
  17. dmemphis

8088 PC: Cool things to demonstrate the early PC XT experience and capabilities

I'm tired of googling and sifting- Time to ask the experts! What were your favorites? Seeking applications, tools, utilities, demo programs, source code. Must run on a stock 8088 with no better than Monochrome with Hercules and CGA emulation. (Though for a later effort, I will go to color based...
  18. dmemphis

Testimonies of using BASIC back in the day

http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/149457/was-classical-basic-ever-used-for-commercial-software-development-and-if-so-ho
  19. dmemphis

1980 Galactic Software Model II Editor Assembler Timecapsule

Unwrapping of this find is shown here: http://imgur.com/a/VPa0E It will be archived with care...
  20. dmemphis

Model II restoration and expansion into HD, 68K, Xenix

I have the Model II, its a pretty OK unit. It boots, but the kbd is not responding so I have to look into that. Here it is: http://imgur.com/a/wVMnW From the diskettes included, the machine was used to manage a band among other things. Its time now to move in the direction of fleshing out a...
Back