• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Anyone know much about 1992 Packing/Unpacking executables?

I've got a retail release of the software "Out of the World" and a Scene release TimeStamped two+ days earlier. I'd like to compare the two executables and see if there were any differences (and figure out if it was a legitimate early release), but the scene group repacked their copy with PKLITE...
  2. C

Looking for Pirates! Dos Cardboard folder. (First Edition in manual)

Hey everyone, I'm looking to purchase a copy of Pirates! v432.1 which is easily recognized by being sold in the Cardboard Folder box style. *I recently purchased a copy on eBay which turned out to be a second edition. I'm unsure if this was an incomplete pieced together copy or there's...
  3. C

Won't Boot. No Video. No beeps codes?

Picked up a cheap Dell Dimensions xps r350 for Quake and I'm short on parts to actually determine the failure. It's a PII 350 mhz on a 200 watt psu with, I believe, that wonky dell atx port and an aux connector. No second psu to test with. If everything is connected then nothing happens...
  4. C

Internal PC Speaker is blown. What can I replace with?

It's a 1/4 watt 8ohm 55mm speaker and I tested it with a multimeter to make sure it was at fault. RadioShack was useless and so far I've only found one replacement from a guy in Israel on eBay and it doesn't exactly look to be in the best of condition either. What kind of wiggle room do I have...
  5. C

Doom on a 486DX

I'm experiencing significant slowdown when I enable sound and music. If I disable both, it runs very smoothly. This is on a 486DX with 4mb ram. Is this my CPU or does it seem like something else?
  6. C

WTB: Lemmings IBM/PC

Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase or rent* an original release of Lemmings for a KryoFlux archive that I'm working on. I don't 100% know what to look for, but please contact me if you have a copy with one of the manuals below and a registration card with 4/91 in the bottom right of the Other...
  7. C

Looking for all King's Quest II (Gray Box)

I'm searching for all copies of King's Quest II in a Gray Box. Searching particularly for 1.0W, but will snatch up anything until I locate this version.
  8. C

Lemmings Lemmings Lemmings

This game has been a thorn in my side for far too long. I've managed to collect pristine copies for both Oh no! More Lemmings and Lemmings 2 and yet no matter how many times I purchase Lemmings I always get their Rev#3 release. So, basically, what I'm looking for is their original May 20, 1991...
  9. C

Looking for vintage Maxis/Sierra games

I'm looking for the following, A-Train Construction Set - Dated before 11-06-1992 SimHealth - back-right label of diskettes has a serial and I'm looking for one that ends with the letter A Space Quest II v2.0A Police Quest I 2.0A int 2.912 King's Quest (Gray Box) (Booter) for IBM PC King's...
  10. C

Looking for someone w/ a KryoFlux & unmodified Might and Magic I & II disks & more

Looking for someone w/ a KryoFlux & unmodified Might and Magic I & II disks & more Focusing on versions timestamped (11/18/87) and (05-04-89) respectively.
  11. C

Mario is Missing versions

This is one of those games that's been impossible for me to track down any information on. I've run into four different releases; a much later release with a cheaper black and white label and no version info. (installer says v1.0.8 and timestamps matches) a release with the original label...
  12. C

Lemmings

I was wondering if anyone happened to have this version of lemmings. I keep finding the July version in all the auctions I win. Lemmings (05/24/91) 04/30/1991 10:21 AM 12,988 ADLIB.DAT 03/31/1991 06:19 PM 20,901 CGAGR0.DAT 03/31/1991 06:19 PM 25,696...
  13. C

Sim City (IBM PC) (1989) - Does v1.1 exist?

This has been driving me nuts. I've been purchasing the original "Godzilla" packaging every time I find it on eBay, but every disk I've gotten has ended up being modified. I don't have any solid proof, but I believe there once was a v1.1 for Dos. One disk even had a README titled "SimCity V1.1...
  14. C

Ultima VI for IBM PC. Anyone have a version timestamped before 03-20-90?

I have two pieces of information here indicating a 03-20-90 shipping date and a 03-23-90 store date, but the earliest version I can find has a game.exe timestamped 03-27-90 on Disk 3. I know there were huge bugs in the original launch that emptied the world and permanently corrupted saves so...
  15. C

Digitally Archiving Ultima (IBM-PC). Anyone know versions and timestamps?

I’m using a KryoFlux device to digitally archive unmodified disks and I’m currently working on the first two trilogies. I’m only doing original first releases and attempting to date them even if it’s at least approximately. I’m working on Ultima 1 and I’m reading that it was ported to PC in...
  16. C

Need help backing up copy protected game (5.25'' Ultima V) (IBM)

I'm new to backing up this type of software and I'd like to create as close to a 1:1 backup as possible of this disk so I don't have to worry about this disk anymore. What exactly do I need to buy/do to accomplish this? Just to tell you a little of where I'm at, I have an FC5025 that I've used...
Back