• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. 1ST1

The ZippA - does anybody has preserved the BIOS?

Hello, there was a software/hardware called The ZippA to boot from parallel port ZIP drives even on XT class computers. There used to be two versions: 1. with modified MBR on the local harddisk load some function and then the system can continue to boot from the ZIP drive before an OS is loaded...
  2. 1ST1

Searching: Drivers for Microsoft Soundsystem soundcard for Windows 3.x

Hello, does someone have drivers for the Microsoft Soundsystem soundcard for Windows 3.x, probably for MS-DOS as well? The soundcard and it's drivers is very rare, for example used in the 486(slc) based Olivetti M4 / M6 desktop PC series and Olivetti Philos 4x notebooks.
  3. 1ST1

86-DOS / QDOS version 0.1c disk image posted on archive.org!

This is until now the oldes known version of 86-DOS / QDOS, download here (Serial number 11!). But the image is 8 inch 250 kb so I don't think you get it to run on an IBM compatible PC. Other versions of 86-DOS: 0.34 klick klick 1.0 klick and extracted single files klick 1.14 klick They all...
  4. 1ST1

Windows 1.0x - changing the graphics driver (Olivetti M24SP OGC/DEB)

Hello, I got my Olivetti M24SP with GO329 / DEP (Display Enhancement Board) up and running. Now I want to see "something" different. I have a GEM installation and there I know that I have to swap one file to switch the graphics mode. This is the command for how to switch between CGA and OGC in...
  5. 1ST1

VCF 6502 BADGE V1 - how to enter BASIC

Hello, I have a VCF 6502 Badge V1 and basically now it works, I also can communicate with it using for example Putty. So I get a prompt and I can say S HELLO WORLD and it will display the text on the LED display. With the instruction @ it should jump into BASIC, but it does not. It's still...
  6. 1ST1

New CGA-cards with VGA or HDMI output...

Look at this! with VGA: https://github.com/schlae/graphics-gremlin with HDMI (based on the VGA output model) https://yeokhengmeng.com/2023/09/hdmi-isa-graphics-card-for-vintage-pcs/
  7. 1ST1

Searching: CP/M 86 System disks and Wordprocessor for Syntrex Aquarius II system

Syntrex of New Jersey (New York, USA area) made a CP/M 86 based wordprocessor, called the Aquarius II, which was sold in Europe as the Olivetti ETS 1010. I am looking for system disks for this machine, any language is welcome, specially european (Olivetti) disks. (Not sure if those for the later...
  8. 1ST1

Classic Computing 2023, Sept. 29th - Oct. 1st, next to Frankfurt/M, Germany

The 20th. Classic Computing festival of the german club for preservation of classic computers "Verein zum Erhalt klassischer Computer e.V." (VzEkC) will take place in Sept. 29th - Oct 1st in Dietzenbach Capitol hall next to Frankfurt Main, Germany. We have 120 exibitor tables, speeches will be...
  9. 1ST1

And whre is Germany?

And where is Germany? And what is "Spance"?
  10. 1ST1

Western Europe Search: User Manual Olivetti DM 600 and DY 450/600/800 printers

Hello, I am looking for the user manual of the following printers: Olivetti DM 600 Olivetti DY 450 / 600 / 800 Any language would be welcome.
  11. 1ST1

CP/M article on The Register

There is an article on The Register about the history of CP/M until today, also a lot of comments of CP/ and it's derrivates veterans: https://forums.theregister.com/forum/all/2022/08/04/the_many_derivatives_of_cpm/
  12. 1ST1

Olivetti Programma 101 documentations and experiences.

Hello, I got P101. Later this year I will try test it (need power cable and fan rubber belt first). For this kind of historic moment I would love to have some more documentations for it. 23.07.2022 19:19 6.495.083 contenuto schede.pdf 23.07.2022 19:19 448.393 ISTRUZIONI...
  13. 1ST1

How to setup Word 5.5 correctly on an Olivetti M24?

Word 5.5 (and 5.0) supports the Olivetti M24 / AT&T 6300 640x400 graphics mode. I tryed that recently and I was disappointed, it looks like that graphics mode driver requires to have a machine with GO329 / DEB (Display Enhancement Board) to support 640x400 in 16 colors. If I install Word 5.5 on...
  14. 1ST1

Running original Lotus 1-2-3 on Linux...

See https://lock.cmpxchg8b.com/linux123.html On debian alike systems, I did on Windows 10 WSL Kali Linux: $git clone https://github.com/taviso/123elf.git $ sudo apt install build-essential manpages-dev $ sudo apt-get install texinfo $ cd 123elf $ ./binutils.sh $ ./objdump --info | grep...
  15. 1ST1

AT&T PC to Olivetti PC equivalent ?

Hello, Olivetti made some PC for AT&T. So for example the AT&T 6300 is nothing else as the Olivetti M24 in a different color. Until now I know the following AT&T PC models, but not for all of them I am sure which Olivetti model it is originally: 6300 -> M24 6300 Plus -> M24 with 286-6...
  16. 1ST1

DEC DECstation, Celebris, Venturis x86 PC question

Hello, I have a question regarding some DEC PCs (mostly european models), can you please have a look here? https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/genres/later-pcs/1225557-dec-pc-decstation-celebris-venturis-to-olivetti-pc-series-translations#post1225557
  17. 1ST1

DEC PC (DECstation/Celebris/Venturis) to Olivetti PC series translations

Hello, here in Europe DEC (Digital Equipement Corp, the one with the VAXses) sold Olivetti PCs under their name. They were exactly the same, just different branding. For example DECstation 320 seems to be the same as Olivetti M300-10. Only the front panel of the Celebris/Venturis machines was a...
  18. 1ST1

I search for a japanese website about Olivetti computers

Hello, does anybody knows a japanese website about Olivetti computers? I found it 1-2 years ago and I downloaded some intersting things over there but unfortunatelly I did not bookmark it. Now I want to visit it again, but I can't find it anymore, even not in browser history. I remember that on...
  19. 1ST1

Olivetti S-2260 - a japanese Personal Computer from Ye-Data? (F-MD680/MC680)

I got this one from a colleague which worked for a japanese electronics supplier in the automotive industry. This is the computer he used to work with and he got it in the mid 1980's from his headquarter. Does anybody here knows more about this system? It's made in Japan. The slots are...
  20. 1ST1

deleted - double post

deleted, double post
Back