• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Hard Sector Disks for sale on eBay

In case someone is looking, I noticed an auction up on eBay with hard sector disks containing CP/M for a Heath H-89. Search for item #161542108128. Luckily I found a few recently and won't need to bid on these.
  2. P

Sperry UTS 20 Terminal and Keyboard Restoration

I'm in the process of restoring a Sperry UTS 20 terminal and keyboard. Or actually just the keyboard, the terminal seems to be working fine, though it doesn't do much without its keyboard. I'm not sure this terminal is old enough to warrant a refurb...the warranty card in the box shows a build...
  3. P

Northstar DOS

I think we have the same board JDallas. Only mine doesn't appear to have any changes implemented. I see no revision numbers, and its dated 1976. I wonder what those changes do?
  4. P

IMSAI 8080 - Tantalum Capacitors

Thanks for your advice John. So it sounds like I lucked out, but at this point should be safe going forward. Is it a good idea to install inline fuses between the PSU and the rest of the unit to shut down the supply should a future short occure? I'll post some photos below. Sorry about the...
  5. P

IMSAI 8080 - Tantalum Capacitors

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments on my previous post. I have another question regarding this machine. To summarize, I have an IMSAI 8080 that has been in storage for 20+ years, and probably more like 30+ years since it's been hooked up to a terminal for any meaningful work. Not...
  6. P

Northstar DOS

JDallas: Thanks for the great link! Even a complete decompilation of NSDOS v2 Rev 3, which is the exact manual I have that came with the machine, including penciled in I/O routine corrections (I wish the disk came with it too...). I'm sure this will be handy if I can figure out a way to compile...
  7. P

Northstar DOS

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum, but you may see more of me going forward. I have always been a computer geek, and Mr. Fixit, but with my new project I'm in over my head (for now). I grew up using an 8088 as my first computer, and learned a lot...liked it so much I taught myself BASIC and...
Back