• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

PET 4032 - can't run d64 images from PETdisk MAX v2

Mike, I narrowed the issue down to improper syntax when changing to a directory or mounting a d64 image using the load syntax. If you don’t include $: in the load command for a directory then the machine will usually crash. Also attempting to mount a .d64 without including the .d64 extension in...
  2. M

Sounds good, thanks Mike!
  3. M

The IEEE passthru seems to be working. I get corrupted directory info if I mount a d64 inside a directory.
  4. M

Mike, after flashing the new firmware I am able to mount d64 files and see their contents. I will try connecting the 8050 and let you know the result.
  5. M

Dave_m, that’s why I’ve been using PETDisk v1 for the past several years.
  6. M

“You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop—The Twilight Zone”
  7. M

I don’t have any issues using the SD in a Tynemouth SD2PET. Just no wireless or passthru capability.
  8. M

Once I @cd to a d64 there is no going back.
  9. M

Yes I was thinking about doing that but since the firmware file shows “last year “ I wasn’t sure it would be newer. I may go ahead and try it anyway.
  10. M

I would guess that we may see updated firmware so I will wait for that.
  11. M

Have you had any success with your issues using d64 files with the Max 2? I’m having similar problems with mine. I was also hoping to use my 8050 via pass thru.
  12. M

Commodore PET Dust Cover

Back in the day (the 80's) I found a cloth cover that was designed for a 12" PET. The dealer had a couple of them but I don't know who or how they were made. It was a wise investment which has helped keep the SuperPET relatively clean over the years.
  13. M

Intermittent CBM 8032 Power on Issue

I have the “three board” configuration SuperPet. Yes, I have downloaded the patched Waterloo disks from Mike Nebrezney’s site. I learned about your efforts to crack the 6702 while working with him on some document and software archiving work a few years ago. That was some impressive work you did...
  14. M

I was preparing to solder a bypass wire when I decided to check all J8 solder points again with a stronger magnification. I have an idea as to how this failure point occurred in this case. About 12 years ago I had a short on the 6809 board that ran down the J8 power strap on pin 4 to the 8032...
  15. M

Dave, thanks for your help troubleshooting thisi ssue. I have left PETTESTER running through hex 30 cycles and will now put things back together, adding the 6809 board to see where things stand.
  16. M

Thanks Sirius, you pegged it early on but I just missed the failure point. Lesson learned.
  17. M

One takeaway for me is to use a higher magnification! Do CR2 and CR4 normally run hot? Not too hot to touch but quite warm.
  18. M

Well don't I feel stupid :rolleyes: I have examined the board several times for any anomalies but missed it completely. I found a bad solder joint under J8, bet you can guess the pin. So I have repaired the pin 4 solder joint and have PETESTER running now. The voltages check out good now. I...
  19. M

With J8 connected providing power to the board I see the expected VAC across the transformer secondary outputs. VR1 -5.1 VDC CR5 20/12 VDC C10 2 VDC C11 .5 VDC
Back