• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. wowbobwow

UK magazine feature on Tandy / RadioShack and the CoCo!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm the author of this cover story about Tandy! I've loved Tandy, Radio Shack, and the TRS-80 line since I was a kid, and researching / writing / photographing this story was a real delight for me. I hope other Tandy / Radio Shack / TRS-80 fans enjoyed it...
  2. wowbobwow

I'm hosting a free RetroGaming "pop-up museum" in Mountain View, CA on May 11th!

I think some of you may know that my family and I do a thing we call The Retro Roadshow, in which we put on free public presentations and hands-on exhibitions of vintage technology from our collection. I’m delighted to share that we’re going to be doing an event with the Mountain View Public...
  3. wowbobwow

California HP 1600A AND 1607A LOGIC STATE ANALYZER - $300

So tempted by this... I'm curious, would the sale include the adapter you wired up which let you display the Apple logo onscreen? I possess literally none of the skill or knowledge needed to actually use these for what they're intended for, but it's tempting to buy the set just to display cool...
  4. wowbobwow

Any tips for insuring a vintage computer and video game collection?

My collection of vintage computers, video games, software, and accessories has grown to a considerable degree since I started as a kid in the '90s. Given the booming popularity of this hobby, I'm shocked by how much the resale value of many formerly-commonplace items (or just obscure things that...
  5. wowbobwow

Picked up an incredible Commodore 64c haul yesterday w/ some really fantastic/rare items. However the C64 itself is (mostly?) dead - tips appreciated!

I’m back with an update! You ever have one of those moments where you realize that you’ve been so blindingly stupid that you’ve caused a whole bunch of unnecessary pain and suffering? Yeahhh… I’ve been tinkering with this poor dysfunctional Commodore 64c for three days now. Given that the...
  6. wowbobwow

Picked up an incredible Commodore 64c haul yesterday w/ some really fantastic/rare items. However the C64 itself is (mostly?) dead - tips appreciated!

Got it. I've been around C64's (and 128's / Amiga 500's) enough to know that their PSU's frequently fail, but until today I don't think I fully appreciated how fatal to the system those failures can be. I've just ordered a nice modern PSU, which cannot ship fast enough! I am curious though...
  7. wowbobwow

Dropping in with a quick update: I let the system sit while powered on for ~10 minutes last night, and noticed that the chips in positions U7 and U9 got noticeably warm - not "hot" or uncomfortable to touch, but clearly warmer than any of the other components on the board. I've also taken to...
  8. wowbobwow

Oh that's awesome! If you ever find yourself with a spare "trap door," I'd gladly buy it off you... :-) Huxley
  9. wowbobwow

I was recently contacted via my Retro Roadshow website by a lovely older gent in my area. He's recently downsized from living in a houseboat to living in a small apartment, and decided that it was time to "re home" his Commodore stuff. I'm grateful that he picked me to reach out to! I went and...
  10. wowbobwow

Any tips for a TRS-80 CoCo with a few dead keys on the "chiclet" keyboard?

Oh wow, I didn’t know that! I thought they were different pinout or something. If it turns out that you do have a spare that works and it is compatible with my CoCo Model 1, I would be absolutely interested in buying it from you!
  11. wowbobwow

Any tips for a TRS-80 CoCo with a few dead keys on the "chiclet" keyboard?

After a lucky thrift shop find a while back, I've got a beautiful TRS-80 Color Computer Model 1 in my collection. I had one just like this as a kid back in the early '90s, so this is a very happy and nostalgic machine for me, in spite of (or maybe because of) the terrible "chiclet" keyboard...
  12. wowbobwow

Seeking former Tandy / Radio Shack employees for interview

Hi all! I'm working on a cover story for an upcoming issue of Pixel Addict Magazine, and it will be all about the history of Tandy and Radio Shack. I've had articles in every issue they've published since the magazine launched (that's my Palm VII in the little photo-box at the bottom of the...
  13. wowbobwow

Midwest DEC PDP-8/i Front Panel $40

Just in case @BitWiz doesn't end up purchasing this lovely piece, I'd love to be next in line! Huxley
  14. wowbobwow

New England Tandy collection for sale

Aww man, I would jump all over this if you were anywhere near California! Congrats in advance to whoever picks up this bundle, it looks like a solid deal for some really cool stuff!
  15. wowbobwow

Avigo Money?

Update: the original bundle that @fibrewire shared on the Internet Archive was removed, so I've re-uploaded it here: https://archive.org/details/abandonware-ti-avigo-10
  16. wowbobwow

TI Avigo 10 users?

One more update: I uploaded the zip file to the Internet Archive, which can be found here: https://archive.org/details/abandonware-ti-avigo-10 @fibrewire - I'll happily give you attribution for the files if you like, just let me know!
  17. wowbobwow

TI Avigo 10 users?

Hey @fibrewire - thanks for sharing this archive! I recently bought a couple Avigo's (one bare unit, followed by a nicer one with a dock), and it's been really bumming me out that all the links to software for this thing are long dead, and your bundle was purged from the Internet Archive. In any...
  18. wowbobwow

Seeking a Vectrex-savvy technician anywhere in California (or even US West Coast)

Hi all, My trusty old Vectrex is in need of some repair / adjustment work which I believe is beyond the limits of my own modest soldering and repair skills. To be more specific: the system works fine, but the image on the screen collapses horizontally so that it's about 1-2" wide. Here's a...
  19. wowbobwow

California Zenith z-180 PC

Hey, this is super cool! I had a very similar Zenith "laptop" back in the late 90's, and really loved it. I'm also in California - if this isn't claimed already, I'd love to grab it! Huxley
  20. wowbobwow

Help with cable routing for an A2000 with a genlock card?

Update: I got it working! I noticed that when I was trying to use the camera and monitor through the genlock card, the power LED on the Amiga was flashing. I carefully removed the genlock and cleaned its contacts (they weren't filthy, but there was some corrosion) and reseated everything, and...
Back