• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Unknown 1802-Based System

Yup I have an Acorn Atom, I love that machine, as much as my Cosmac VIP. i used one of Zipsters boards (designed for the TRS-80 Colour computer) to get composite NTSC Colour output on the Acorn Atom. :)
  2. W

Unknown 1802-Based System

howdy, I think there is either an IpsoFacto or Viper artical about adding a 6847 to your Elf, or VIP. I will try and dig it out, it might help. but those would be keywords to do additional searching with VIPER or IpsoFacto was an RCA1802 user group out of Hamilton, Ontario. so that...
  3. W

New England Alphasyntauri Apple ii synthesizer

Dang just passed by this area to go to VCF East 2023. Dang. :0).
  4. W

Apple II Clone Keeps Repeating Keys - Help?

i replaced the 74LS273 and the 74LS123 when i had the same issue of it repeating the last key pressed. :) I think the solution was actually the 74LS123 you may want to try that first, if this is a clone keyboard that uses an eprom instead of a keyboard controler chip :)
  5. W

New Rockwell Aim 65 club member....

Hi there, I am about to become the proud owner of a lovely encased Rockwell Aim65. :) It's arrived in Canada (according it it's tracking inf), and I should have it shortly :) I am looking forward to messing around with it, and trying the various language roms available for it. Once I have...
  6. W

8032 50 Bytes Free when switched on.

Hi folks I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before. (First let me start by saying i had a good read through the "CBM8032 What does the start up chirp really mean" thread, lots of very good stuff in there. ) Okie doke back to my issue. I am fixing an 8032 Universal board for...
  7. W

Ontario Unisys Icon Terminals x3 with server , tons of software and manuals

Did anything every happen with this? Wondering if any disks were archived. Cheers.
  8. W

Looking for an Option Key for an Apple IIc+ please.

Hi folks, I recently purchased a lovely Apple IIc+. Unfortunately the Option Key sort of came off. the post broke off and was stuck in the keyboard, I was able to remove it, but it was damaged in the process. They key is working and it's post is in tact. (orange alps switches with the...
  9. W

Just Picked up a Mac Colour Classic at World of Commodore :)

Yes very odd, but there in the corner was a rather nice guy showing some stuff. One of the things was a MacIntosh Colour Classic. Very nice condition, no yellowing, complete with keyboard mouse... :) I asked if it was for sale, expecting him to say "what, are you nuts?" but he said it was, I...
  10. W

I just got purchased an apple iic from ebay... currently has ROM 255...

besides the ability to use a Smart 3.5" disk drive, and the self test, are there any other advantages to putting in a ROM0 or ROM3 in my A2S4000? i was able to use ADTPRO at 115200 speed without any issues...and I kinda like the ability to boot off the external drive 2. just wondering if I...
  11. W

Apple II clone Unitron Keyboard issue...

it appears to be auto repeating characters as soon as you press the key. if I tap any key, it will generate 5 letters... if i hold it down it will just keep generating that character. the issue is definately the keyboard... and the strobe seems to be producing 66.5 us pulses each time a...
  12. W

BBC computers for sale in Toronto Canada...

here is a link to the sale on a local for sale site Going to sell either my BBC + or my BBC Master 128 (with two cartridge slots...) :) please see the add: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1266176297&edited=true&posted=true&adActivated=true Cheers. :) please contact me via the...
  13. W

Ithaca Audio IA-1010 Rev 2 with JAIR8080 as I/O board works like a charm.

Long story, and mostly done for fun... So i built an IA-1010 rev 2. running at 2.0 mhz. Works great, I hacked a bit so it will support a 2732 eprom, instead of a 2708. I added remote rom disable circuitry via PIN 70 (unused) on the board. Along with this board I build from scratch a 64K ram...
  14. W

My Time at Radio Shack

I started working at Radio Shack in 1979, under the table at 14 years old. It was at Yonge and bloor in Toronto. I cleaned displays, helped customers, and tried to fix toys. I got a couple of Brocken T.E.A.M.M.A.T.E. COMPUTER toys to fix and got to keep one. It helped launch my interest in...
  15. W

White Ceramic 6502 dated 1576

Hi there I recently acquired a white ceramic MOS 6502 with date from 76. all but one of the legs are in good condition, and the chip appears to work, only one small problem. Pin 40 is missing (which is reset). I wish it was the SO pin, or some other unused pin. But what can you do. I plan...
  16. W

I'm Looking to build a PETDISK SD interface based on Gubbish's Design :)

looking to build one based on: http://www.bitfixer.com/bf/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PETdisk_schematic.jpg but would like to substitute with an Atmega328 arduino chip. :) Wondering if anyone has done this :) and may have the code to burn into the atmega. :) I like hardware soldering etc...
  17. W

HELP with Lo-tech TRS-80 IDE adapter at VCF MID WEST

Hi there, i have been able to get my interface to work with a standard hard drive, but i wanted to get it working with a Compact Flash, I think i may have an alignment issue on my floppy drives, and run into Parity errors when trying to setup a boot disk and config for it. I was wondering, if...
  18. W

MicroSprite S100 board with TMS9918 and 4116 chips

Here is some code i wrote ( With Josh's help ) that initializing the card in one of it's graphics modes. basically it's just feeding into the registers the data required to initialize the TMS9918A chip. The data is first written to the port, then the register in which the data is to go. The...
  19. W

MicroSprite S100 board with TMS9918 and 4116 chips

I also have this posted in the Texas instruments section but thought it should be here as well, reallying looking for any information i can get my hands on, testing this board. :) Hi there, I'm wondering what is the best way to test this board... I have it installed on my "JAIR8080" which can...
Back