• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

New Rockwell Aim 65 club member....

Hi there, I am about to become the proud owner of a lovely encased Rockwell Aim65. :) It's arrived in Canada (according it it's tracking inf), and I should have it shortly :) I am looking forward to messing around with it, and trying the various language roms available for it. Once I have...
  2. W

8032 50 Bytes Free when switched on.

Hi folks I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before. (First let me start by saying i had a good read through the "CBM8032 What does the start up chirp really mean" thread, lots of very good stuff in there. ) Okie doke back to my issue. I am fixing an 8032 Universal board for...
  3. W

Looking for an Option Key for an Apple IIc+ please.

Hi folks, I recently purchased a lovely Apple IIc+. Unfortunately the Option Key sort of came off. the post broke off and was stuck in the keyboard, I was able to remove it, but it was damaged in the process. They key is working and it's post is in tact. (orange alps switches with the...
  4. W

Just Picked up a Mac Colour Classic at World of Commodore :)

Yes very odd, but there in the corner was a rather nice guy showing some stuff. One of the things was a MacIntosh Colour Classic. Very nice condition, no yellowing, complete with keyboard mouse... :) I asked if it was for sale, expecting him to say "what, are you nuts?" but he said it was, I...
  5. W

I just got purchased an apple iic from ebay... currently has ROM 255...

besides the ability to use a Smart 3.5" disk drive, and the self test, are there any other advantages to putting in a ROM0 or ROM3 in my A2S4000? i was able to use ADTPRO at 115200 speed without any issues...and I kinda like the ability to boot off the external drive 2. just wondering if I...
  6. W

Apple II clone Unitron Keyboard issue...

it appears to be auto repeating characters as soon as you press the key. if I tap any key, it will generate 5 letters... if i hold it down it will just keep generating that character. the issue is definately the keyboard... and the strobe seems to be producing 66.5 us pulses each time a...
  7. W

BBC computers for sale in Toronto Canada...

here is a link to the sale on a local for sale site Going to sell either my BBC + or my BBC Master 128 (with two cartridge slots...) :) please see the add: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1266176297&edited=true&posted=true&adActivated=true Cheers. :) please contact me via the...
  8. W

Ithaca Audio IA-1010 Rev 2 with JAIR8080 as I/O board works like a charm.

Long story, and mostly done for fun... So i built an IA-1010 rev 2. running at 2.0 mhz. Works great, I hacked a bit so it will support a 2732 eprom, instead of a 2708. I added remote rom disable circuitry via PIN 70 (unused) on the board. Along with this board I build from scratch a 64K ram...
  9. W

White Ceramic 6502 dated 1576

Hi there I recently acquired a white ceramic MOS 6502 with date from 76. all but one of the legs are in good condition, and the chip appears to work, only one small problem. Pin 40 is missing (which is reset). I wish it was the SO pin, or some other unused pin. But what can you do. I plan...
  10. W

I'm Looking to build a PETDISK SD interface based on Gubbish's Design :)

looking to build one based on: http://www.bitfixer.com/bf/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PETdisk_schematic.jpg but would like to substitute with an Atmega328 arduino chip. :) Wondering if anyone has done this :) and may have the code to burn into the atmega. :) I like hardware soldering etc...
  11. W

HELP with Lo-tech TRS-80 IDE adapter at VCF MID WEST

Hi there, i have been able to get my interface to work with a standard hard drive, but i wanted to get it working with a Compact Flash, I think i may have an alignment issue on my floppy drives, and run into Parity errors when trying to setup a boot disk and config for it. I was wondering, if...
  12. W

MicroSprite S100 board with TMS9918 and 4116 chips

I also have this posted in the Texas instruments section but thought it should be here as well, reallying looking for any information i can get my hands on, testing this board. :) Hi there, I'm wondering what is the best way to test this board... I have it installed on my "JAIR8080" which can...
  13. W

MicroSPrite S100 bouard with TMS9918A chip and 4116's. :) help?

Hi there, I'm wondering what is the best way to test this board... I have it installed on my "JAIR8080" which can be best discribed as a Modern day Imsai based on Josh Bensadon's 8080 board, and Don Caprio's Mini Front Panel. The serial ports are built in (8250 chips x 2) and so is an sd card...
  14. W

JAIR8080 & Mini Imsai Front Panel Computer

Well I completed my S100 mini IMSAI computer, based on Josh Bensadon's JAIR8080 Board (Josh's Altair/IMSAI Replacement 8080 Board) and Don Caprio's Mini IMSAI front Panel board. These two boards make a great team. Details on both Josh and Don's boards are available on the s100computers...
  15. W

Floppy Emu Device from BigMessOWires... :) for my Apple IIgs

Hi there, I just received my Floppy Emu Device and I was wondering if anyone has a HD20 image with GS already loaded. I guess that would be a 50meg image file. I'm afraid I dont even know where to start. Or perhaps even a 50 meg blank image, at which point i can download and create install...
  16. W

Lo-Tech TRS-80 IDE interface Rev 2. Model 4 non gate array setup and questions

Hi there I thought i would start a new thread on this because i am using a Model 4 with 2 disk drives and it is a non gate array model. This currently has nothing to do with C/PM but just getting it up and running. Here we go: Hi there I purchased and built a Lo-Tech TRS-80 IDE interface Rev...
  17. W

Looking for a Tandy Color Computer 3

Hi there I am in the market for a working/tested Color Computer 3. Must be willing to ship to Toronto Canada. i have been looking for one for a while, please contact me if you have one available. Thank you :)
  18. W

is it sacrilege to replace the internal 5 1/4" drive on an 1000 ex with a 3 1/2" one?

is it sacrilege to replace the internal 5 1/4" drive on an 1000 ex with a 3 1/2" one? I managed to install one, and get it working (in a nice 5-1/4" mounting adapter and faceplate so it looks nice) ... which is cool because now I can share disks with my SL2. ( which also has a 5 1/4" drive...
  19. W

Kayplus boot disk solution?

Hi there, I was wondering if there was ever a solution to creating a working boot disk for the KAYPLUS rom. I created a rom, and tested it without a boot disk, and I get the Monitor * prompt, and I was able to examine memory, change boot drive etc. :) it was very cool.... ROM working - Yup...
  20. W

Invalid EEPROM record found when running setupsl2 software

followed by press any key to continue.... not sure what is up, but i can also not access the B: drive ( a 5 1/4" drive on the system. ) when i run the setupsl2 it does indicate that it sees the 3 1/2 drive on the top and the 5 1/4 on the bottom, but then when i press any key, i get the Warning...
Back