• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Toshiba T1000 EMS Card

Got around to pulling this and snapping a couple pics. I have the documentation that came with this somewhere. Will post that soon.
  2. F

Toshiba T1100 Plus Clock Battery

On the system PCB there appears to be a 2.4V 50mAh Ni-Cd battery for the clock/calendar. You can see it hiding under the main battery compartment in the image. Can anyone recommend a safe and modern replacement for this type of battery? Unexpectedly, this unit had the 384k RAM upgrade...
  3. F

Kaypro 4/84

I have a Kaypro 4/84 Plus 88. It is exhibiting a new issue in which some of the characters appear broken, particularly on the right side of each character, and some have portions that appear more dim as well. I have attached a sample image of the display. This is again a new issue and has...
  4. F

Testing Osborne 1 Images

Recently obtained a lot of original Osborne 1 disks (18 in total), some SD, some DD from a local estate sale. CP/M system disks, utilities, Supercalc, etc. I would like a way to test the images I have dumped, as I do not own an Osborne. I dumped them using a Kryoflux and converted them to .IMD...
  5. F

Kaypro 4/84 Case Fan

Looking to replace this quite noisy fan. Any suggestions that have worked well for others? Also, it seems that when installed properly the fan is pulling air into the case and seems to me it should be the other way around, but I don't know for sure with this machine.
  6. F

Packard Bell PB70 PSU repair

Here is a PSU from a PB300 386SX desktop. At first the 12V rail was reading only ~10V so I took a peek inside to see if adjustment could be made. There was a small dial but the head rather easily snapped off. Now the PSU will not output any voltage. Other than replacing the part I do not...
  7. F

Everex Step 386is troubleshooting

A quite clean system, but sadly will not post. Has LED display and speaker toggle. RAM tested OK in other system, (except for one DIMM from empty socket). I suspect issue is with the InSTEP 387 upgrade board. Since this was originally a 286 board, I want to verify which type of alternate CPU...
  8. F

IBM 5151 Tower?

I have an opportunity to pick up two of these - can anyone identify them? I could not find any information on my own.
  9. F

IBM AT clone clock speed issue

IBM AT clone. Works well, except system timer is slow. Only about 11 seconds pass on the system timer during an actual 60 seconds. Swapped the BIOS to a similar board and vice versa with the same BIOS revision. No issues there. Seems to be an issue with the board itself. Never seen this...
  10. F

Toshiba T1000 PSU Component List

Hello, I have (3) Toshiba T1000 laptops, each worked for awhile. I suspect each unit has PSU issues based on observations. The time has come to examine each component within the PSU to see what may be the issue. The last unit that worked began having a "fishy" odor emanating from the...
  11. F

Aptiva 2159-S76 Recovery

I am looking to see if anyone has this: Recovery CD: 76H4685 Applications CD: 76H4686 Volume: C1RUS1A So far, it has not come up in any archives that I know of. The closest one I could find was MMXUS0R, which is so very close, but still does not configure Mwave correctly. Futhermore, any...
  12. F

CompuAdd 3.5 Floppy mounting

I was fortunate to find this appropriate 3.5" faceplate for a CompuAdd 810 system. I also know the drive it fits too as well, but I am curious as to what the drive mounting hardware originally looked like. Just like with 5.25" adapters, the drive must be raised about 3/8" to align with the...
  13. F

Toshiba T5200 Dead FDD

Toshiba T5200 works perfect, except floppy drive. Drive has power, goes through seek test. "Data error reading drive A:" no prompt after inserting disk. Cleaned heads. I have read about this in others threads. I also see research on pin conversion. This seems like good solution for using...
  14. F

Tandon TM100-2A Logic Board Failure

I recently purchased (2) TM100's from a local dealer $5 apiece. One from '83, one from '86. They were advertised as "non-operational." However, after replacing the logic boards with ones from working drives it shows the heads and servo boards are working. I used one for a Kaypro that had a...
  15. F

IBM 5150 & 5153 in automatic car wash!

Hey! I plan to strap my 5150 & 5153 to the hood of my automobile and run it through the automatic car wash! It is dusty and I have no time to clean it properly. It would be better if I had a 5154 of course. Maybe I will also include the model F keyboard. Pictures to come soon! If only it...
  16. F

BIOS Replacement for Compuadd 286

Looking to replace this BIOS. Original is Award 286 Modular BIOS v3.03. I suspect there are errors with this BIOS, as RTC does not run at proper speed (much slower). Also, when CMOS battery attached, clock does not advance when system is powered off. More importantly, this BIOS does not have...
  17. F

Kaypro IV/83

Recently acquired one of these locally. Cosmetically in very good shape, and came with travel pouch. Sadly, no disks or manuals. Neither of the TM-100 drives work well; the A: will not boot and the B: boots, but has a broken latch. I just want to make sure the Shunt 1E jumpering is correct...
  18. F

286 Data Bank CMOS

Here is a nice board from a Compuadd 286 Data Bank unit. However, proper CMOS battery configuration is not yet confirmed. It seems that this system may require two batteries, one for the CMOS settings (lithim), and another for the clock (NiMH). Neither were present upon receipt, only a...
  19. F

WaveMate Bullet-XT 286

Found this XT-286 board inside a 5150 case from an old local computer shop. I suppose this would been considered a sleeper of sorts back in 1985. This and the Compuadd 810 are my primary XT systems. However I am also partial to the DTK Data-1000 with the Turbo switch on the front panel as well.
  20. F

Toshiba T1000 Battery

Recently acquired T1000. In really great shape with manuals, case, AC adapter, etc. Will not power up. Had battery rebuilt but still only get a quick green flash from the power LED. Had anyone else had success with an alternate battery type? Of course, I do not need the rechargeable type...
Back