• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

PDP11/23 Project Completed (at least for now)

I recently completed some long overdue upgrades to my Micro-PDP11/23, and thought I would share them here. I got this machine about 20 years ago from the building manager of a building I used to work in. She was happy to have someone get it out of her office, and I gladly took it! It had...
  2. P

New fans for my Micro PDP11/23

The cooling fans on my Micro PDP11/23 were wearing out - the bearings in one were failing and the fan would no longer spin, and the other one was getting loud and rattling a bit so I wanted to replace them. After looking around a bit I found a 12v fan that has slightly lower CFM, but is much...
  3. P

Micro PDP-11/23 Project - Question about rebuilding Ultrix-11 Kernel with TCPIP

I'm working on my Micro PDP/11 - I've been wanting to implement Ultrix on it for quite some time and am finally getting around to it now. I used Ultrix on a VAX in college (can't remember the specific model though - would have been around 1986ish), and have always wanted to recreate a...
  4. P

Next Cube Floppy Pinout

I've been doing some research to see if I can use a gotek/flashfloppy with my Next Cube. I can't seem to find the pinout documented anywhere. I've been doing a little reverse engineering and I'm assuming the pinout isn't too different than standard, other than power delivery on the ribbon...
  5. P

AT&T 3b2/600 with ZuluSCSI

I haven't been able to find any other posts about getting a ZuluSCSI to work with an AT&T 3b2/600, so I thought I'd share my experience here. My 3b2/600 has 2 70MB ESDI hard disks in it, and they are connected to the SCSI controller through an Emulex SCSI to ESDI bridge card. I figured I...
  6. P

IBM System/36 5364 PC

My first post here :) I wanted to say a huge "Thank You!" to @NeXT for the blog post on how to recover unknown userids and passwords on the System/36. I've been working on getting mine up and running, and your blog post worked perfectly for me - I can confirm the process does work on the...
  7. P

Indigo Data Systems Inc. - PC Multipak Question

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a card that was in a Compaq Portable that I am restoring. It's labeled as "Indigo Data Systems Inc." "PC MultiPak". I can find advertisements for this card, but cannot seem to find any documentation of the dip switch and jumper settings (even though the...
Back