• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

PDQ-3 Computer used on Hunter TV show

I was watching Hunter last night on Hulu and one of the officers was using a PDQ-3 to look up a perp for Hunter. It sat in his desk and looked cool. It was the time when as a kid I would watch TV shows like Hunter and wish I had access to professional computers like this one. Any info on it...
  2. R

Best gaming rig for 1989?

What would the ultimate 80s rig be? I am trying to find an ad for a 486 back in 1989 to see if they were readily available. What is the fastest video card? Best sound card? Hard disk?
  3. R

RGB modded my Nintendo 64

I bought a 25 dollar rgb amplifier with wiring on eBay and installed it today. Terrible soldering but it works fine. The mod allows you to buy a RGB scart cable and then hook that into the console and either a scart tv or a scart to hdmi converter. I am doing the same on my Genesis 3. The...
  4. R

Amiga 600 and Atari 1040STFM on the way

God help me.
  5. R

Tandy floppy problems on RSX

I have a 1000RSX with a bad floppy. I know there is some protocol for replacing it but would like some help from someone who has actually done it on this model. I think I need to buy the right drive that can be set to drive 0 and that fits somewhat in the case with a button peeking through the...
  6. R

Just bought my third Tandy 1000

My brother bought me an HX. Loved it. Came with a bad CM11. Ordered a converter. Then I bought a sweet RSX with a bad floppy. Still trying to fix that issue. Finally today I bought a TL with CM11 for $100 plus $35 shipping. I have my reasons but it might look like an obsession.
  7. R

Tandy 1000 HX plus cards, expansion

I am trying to pimp out my HX. I ordered a NEC V20 from China and it will arrive in about a month. Go figure. So next I'd like to plug something else into it but it has plus card slots. Back in the day I bought a EEB1000 expansion box. It allowed you to plug 8 bit isa cards into a board that...
  8. R

Tandy 1000 HX upgrades

I have 640k and would like to add some stuff for fun. Maybe a covox speech thing or sound source but I heard they don't work on the Tandy parallel port. How about flash drive readers? Any luck with that? Ethernet cards? Does someone sell expansion cables to convert isa to plus card? I don't...
  9. R

HX monitor options

My brother bought me a HX with a CM-11 that has odd colors. I wouldn't mind repairing it but doubt anyone would touch it so I'm looking for replacement options. 1. CGA to VGA converters. The GBS-8220 price sounds great but its only for Analog RGB. Any way to adapt it to RGBI? I read...
Back