• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

Copying Software to TRS-80 Model 4 (M3SE)

I never worked with one, but Bartlett's web site may help you http://bartlettlabs.com/M3SE/
  2. L

M1 2 chip Level II ROM (no 3 chip expansion board) ???

The satellite board was not needed for the Rev G Model I CPU board, so that is likely what you have.
  3. L

TRS-80 Model 1 - Display problem (Hoizontal Sync)

It looks like it's on top of an expansion interface. If you have floppy drives, they should be on the right side of the computer as you face it. The transformers can interfere if they are on the left.
  4. L

TRS-80 Model 1 won't boot from disk

I don't think DOS uses interrupts on the Model I, but in fact disables them while reading and writing to disk. At least one variant of DOS (I can't remember which) would give a message after formatting a disk that the real-time clock was no longer accurate since interrupts were disabled for an...
  5. L

Teac FD55-GFR drive question

Sorry, never played with the CoCo. Hope you get it sorted out
  6. L

Teac FD55-GFR drive question

Which computer model are you using, and which DOS? Since you mention 34 steps, I'm assuming a Model I and TRSDOS.
  7. L

Removed reset button

It looks like you are looking into a side port. Perhaps this image will help. Image is newer EI board
  8. L

Removed reset button

You can tell which EI you have by the orientation of the RAM chips inside. The early EI has RAM chips arranged front to back, while the newer version has them arranged side to side. You should be able to peek inside one of the port openings.
  9. L

Tandy Model 4p needs new floppydrives

You will need to find or make a straight-through cable with all the pins. Drive select will be through the jumpers on the drives. The original drives had all drive select pins connected, and the cable handled the drive select. You can't use an IBM PC floppy cable with the twist.
  10. L

Tandy Service manual for the 1200a?

Bitsavers has a manual for the TM65 http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tandon/TM65_userMan_1984.pdf
  11. L

Adapter needed

Tandy left a pin out to make it unique. I drilled a hole on the computer so a standard VGA cable could work
  12. L

Saga continues with Model 1

Contact Ira at trs-80.com. He might be able to help you get a DOS disk
  13. L

RS-232 won’t send data on a Model 4?

I'll dust off my Model 4 docs, but if you don't have the LS-DOS manuals, you can get them from Tim Mann's site https://www.tim-mann.org/misosys.html
  14. L

Wordstar 3.3 for GENERIC MS-DOS?

Here is disk 1 label. Oddly, the manual is copyright 1983.
  15. L

Wordstar 3.3 for GENERIC MS-DOS?

I have a copy of WS 3.30 from 1979 for PC with 2 disks. The manual has an installation guide has a section on custom terminal installation. I have no idea if the disks are any good. I never tried them. The manual is complete with the stickers, registration card, tutorial, etc. According to the...
  16. L

Tandy 1000 floppy advice

The FD-55GFR is a 1.2 MB drive. IIRC, the Tandy 1000 only supports 360K drives. Did you check the power supplies? The floppies need +12V for the motor.
  17. L

TRS-80 / Tandy external hard drive question.

If you replaced the drive, did you deal with the three wires attached to the original drive? There's an article about bubble repair
  18. L

Tandy 200 power adapter advise

Tandy 26-3804 Portable Computer AC Adapter 6VDC 400 mA, + on outer conductor Same was used on Tandy 100 and portable floppy drive as far as I can determine
  19. L

Problems with Model 4 display

I had that issue and it was actually dust bunnies inside the case draining the video high voltage intermittently
  20. L

Model I question

The only changes in the keyboard unit involve adding the twisted pairs on the DIN connector.
Back