• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Suncom ICONtroller

I had one for my Commodore 128 when new and years ago when I got back into vintage computing. That one is really cool with all the extra buttons. The C128 one only had one.
  2. C

Pacman tabletop trace repair

I knew a guy years agothat would use the trace pen but with a architects erasing shield to help with the smaller size of the traces. Since they look to be almost straight in the photo it probably worth giving it a try. Repaired a cracked 1541 board after I dropped it on the floor.
  3. C

5 1/4" Disk Labels

I just use Microsoft Word. There are over 30 or so different label manufactures and profiles to use. You can even create your own. . On my old Commodore 128 I use some word processor or DataManager2.
  4. C

5 1/4" Disk Labels

I hear you on the price of them. The Avery 5197 labels are around $45.00 if you can find them in the stores. I got really lucky at my local Goodwill store a few weeks ago. Got a package of 5¼ and 3½ labels for $5.00. Each was open and only missing a few sheets. Don't think I will be that lucky...
  5. C

Asus Slot 1 Motherboard,Processor and Memory (E-Bay)

If anyone is interested.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191708121586?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  6. C

Close to getting a Imsia 8080 but what about the Floopy Drives ?

Hello all. I'm mostly into Commodore computers as that is what I grew up with but have always been in love with the IMSIA 8080. Of course because of "War Games" movie. I am so close in acquiring one of these for some landscaping work in trade. The main question that I have is how...
  7. C

55 pin connector

Qbus, Are these round connectors that screw into each other like so many military connections. My grandfather has some of these but I'm not sure he has 55pin. I know I have seen a few 80 something's in the box. If that's what you are talking about I will have him look...
  8. C

How to bring back original color of plastic panel on old PCs

No UV light. Just set them out in the sun for about a hour each side. Never tried to use a UV light. The main thing is when you put them outside in the sun is be sure they are wrapped up in the Cling-Wrap very well so it doesn't dry out, if it does you will get really bad blotches. This is the...
  9. C

Need Motherboard Based VGA Video Cable

Sometimes they are called a backplate or bracket. I think this is what you are asking for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-SVGA-Video-Graphics-Adapter-Card-Slot-Bracket-Header-Cable-15-Pin-16-Hole-/261646911396?hash=item3ceb5f07a4
  10. C

How to bring back original color of plastic panel on old PCs

Did this just last week with 'Salon Care 30'. You might be able to find something similar in the UK.
  11. C

Hello all fellow Vintage (Better!!!!) Computer Owners.

Hello All, New to the forums but not new to Vintage Computers. Mostly a Commodore Fan. Have owned everything from the 64 to a Amiga but my favorite is the C128. Getting back into it after many years after my entire C128 system was stolen years ago. Have a bit of knowledge and will...
  12. C

WTB: IBM Selectric Printer/Typewriter Ball in APL Language

Hello All, New to the forum but not vintage computers. Mostly a Commodore Fan!! I am looking for a IBM Selectric Printer/typewriter ball in the APL programing language. These are 'RARE' and have not seen on listed anywhere for about 2 years or so. I missed out on E-Bay a few...
  13. C

IBM Selectric Printer Ball - APL programing language

Hello All, New to the form but not to Vintage computing. Mainly Commodore user. I am looking for IBM Selectric Printer (Typewriter) Ball in the "APL" programing language. As far as I know these are "rare" as they were not readily available to the general public and were for...
Back